The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Blessings

Blessings

Link works fine Freelight. Thanks

Excellent, it must be my ISP connection,....which doesn't allow for the Youtube video to playback,...says to try later :think:

Paper 196, the last paper is most significant :)

My former commentary on the Neville Goddard video holds, on the subject of the 'thought-adjuster' which is the very pre-personal spirit-fragment of Deity which indwells the human mind, also called 'divine monitors' or 'Father-fragments'. Only that spirit-presence within us mortals is 'very God' (as it were), while our mortal soul is human, yet given the opportunity by merging with that spirit-fragment to become 'immortal'. So understanding these fine points and particulars enables us to discuss and explore such relationships and their wonderful potential. Such a subject is open to all true religionists, whether of judeo-Christian backgrounds or any other religious tradition, since the soul and its relationship with God, those aspects which are mortal and immortal are germane to the subject of religion.

Lon

2Ti 4:1 I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:
2Ti 4:2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.
2Ti 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
2Ti 4:4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.
2Ti 4:5 As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

Lon

Gal 1:7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Gal 1:11 For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel.
Gal 1:12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Excellent, it must be my ISP connection,....which doesn't allow for the Youtube video to playback,...says to try later :think:

Paper 196, the last paper is most significant :)

My former commentary on the Neville Goddard video holds, on the subject of the 'thought-adjuster' which is the very pre-personal spirit-fragment of Deity which indwells the human mind, also called 'divine monitors' or 'Father-fragments'. Only that spirit-presence within us mortals is 'very God' (as it were), while our mortal soul is human, yet given the opportunity by merging with that spirit-fragment to become 'immortal'. So understanding these fine points and particulars enables us to discuss and explore such relationships and their wonderful potential. Such a subject is open to all true religionists, whether of judeo-Christian backgrounds or any other religious tradition, since the soul and its relationship with God, those aspects which are mortal and immortal are germane to the subject of religion.

Germane Jackson?

Reactions: Lon

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Gal 1:7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Gal 1:11 For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel.
Gal 1:12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Pauls gospel was already a distortion, killing Jesus as a divine/human sacrifice is central to his version. The center of the original gospel was salvation by faith, a whole souled commitment to doing Gods will.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

Don't forget in this epistle he really shows his disdain and contempt for the original apostles of Jesus,....Peter would not agree with Paul's rant above, since it was Paul's anxiety over his conflict with the Jerusalem community that stirred this up.

See Bet Emet Ministries perspective on 'Galations' in the bottom section here ;)

Paul makes some grandiose boasting here and elsewhere.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Pauls gospel was already a distortion, killing Jesus as a divine/human sacrifice is central to his version. The center of the original gospel was salvation by faith, a whole souled commitment to doing Gods will.

Yes, Paul taught and proclaims HIS own gospel...and his own apostleship.

Blood atonement is no longer essential, neither was it the only way of atonement in the OT, anyways. My former thread 'Atonement without blood' fully covered this subject. The UB account of Jesus gospel is fundamentally sound and agrees in principle with the synoptic gospels, mainly focusing on the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man, the goodnews of sonship with God, in the kingdom of Spirit-born or renewed souls, led by the Spirit to DO God's will. Its all about doing God's will, living a Spirit-led life of love and service. All 'christians' born of the Spirit would agree with this fundamental principle.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Does TOL have room for distorted topics?

If your insinuating the UB is distorted, its not...since as a whole compendium of papers, it is very uniform, consistent and integrous as far as its cosmology, principles, ethics and morals are concerned. Perhaps 'distortions' may exist within peoples minds or they may be projecting such? :) - as far as distorting subjects,...survey the whole forum for a host of odd, strange or peculiar topics. I'm sure you'll find your share.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
If your insinuating the UB is distorted, its not...since as a whole compendium of papers, it is very uniform, consistent and integrous as far as its cosmology, principles, ethics and morals are concerned. Perhaps 'distortions' may exist within peoples minds or they may be projecting such? :) - as far as distorting subjects,...survey the whole forum for a host of odd, strange or peculiar topics. I'm sure you'll find your share.
You don't know if unfamiliar spirits are distorted. Unfamiliar means unfamiliar. You say you do but I'm not listening to you. We know better

Lon

Don't forget in this epistle he really shows his disdain and contempt for the original apostles of Jesus,....Peter would not agree with Paul's rant above, since it was Paul's anxiety over his conflict with the Jerusalem community that stirred this up.

See Bet Emet Ministries perspective on 'Galations' in the bottom section here ;)

Paul makes some grandiose boasting here and elsewhere.

I kind of expect this sort of thing from those who have never read the NT, certainly not retaining any of it. I don't care that you two want to tear down the Apostle. So did Joseph Smith. So did Hayes. Cults do what cults do simply and predictably because they don't want to be accountable to God, but make up whatever fits their fancy. "My God doesn't....." Nobody cares about 'your' god or 'my' god. We can make any kind or one up. The ONLY thing that matters is who God actually is. He promises His word will not return void, so it really doesn't matter that you argue with it either. You two are accountable to it, simply because you've heard it. Choosing to ignore it or attempt to explain it away does nothing to accountability. You are accountable to God for your rejection. He keeps account.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I kind of expect this sort of thing from those who have never read the NT, certainly not retaining any of it. I don't care that you two want to tear down the Apostle. So did Joseph Smith. So did Hayes. Cults do what cults do simply and predictably because they don't want to be accountable to God, but make up whatever fits their fancy. "My God doesn't....." Nobody cares about 'your' god or 'my' god. We can make any kind or one up. The ONLY thing that matters is who God actually is. He promises His word will not return void, so it really doesn't matter that you argue with it either. You two are accountable to it, simply because you've heard it. Choosing to ignore it or attempt to explain it away does nothing to accountability. You are accountable to God for your rejection. He keeps account.
Jesus lived and preached his gospel to the Jews, they rejected it and killed him. The rest is human speculation.

His life and the original gospel has returned again in the UB.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
141:4.2 In answer to Thomas's question,“Who is this God of the kingdom? Jesus replied: “God is your Father, and religion —my gospel—is nothing more nor less than the believing recognition of the truth that you are his son. And I am here among you in the flesh to make clear both of these ideas in my life and teachings

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Omnipresence

Omnipresence

You don't know if unfamiliar spirits are distorted. Unfamiliar means unfamiliar. You say you do but I'm not listening to you. We know better

You asked if TOL had room for distorted 'topics'. I amply responded.

There is only One infinite Spirit, one Life from which all things and beings derive their existence.....There is nothing 'unfamiliar' to this infinite consciousness which is omniscient. It is One and All.

Your own religious denominationalism and dissecting mind would make something 'familiar' or 'unfamiliar'. God is one. You cannot dissect, divide or denominate 'God' who is indivisible.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
One main theme is 'progressive evolution'........

One main theme is 'progressive evolution'........

It would be wise to attend to the meaningful values and principles found in these papers -

4:1.1 For ages the inhabitants of Urantia have misunderstood the providence of God. There is a providence of divine outworking on your world, but it is not the childish, arbitrary, and material ministry many mortals have conceived it to be. The providence of God consists in the interlocking activities of the celestial beings and the divine spirits who, in accordance with cosmic law, unceasingly labor for the honor of God and for the spiritual advancement of his universe children.

4:1.2 Can you not advance in your concept of God's dealing with man to that level where you recognize that the watchword of the universe is progress? Through long ages the human race has struggled to reach its present position. Throughout all these millenniums Providence has been working out the plan of progressive evolution

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The logos of the Spirit............

The logos of the Spirit............

Bible isn't speculation

Truth, wisdom, reason, logic is wherever you find it; it is not limited to one collection of books or to some exclusive religious catalogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.