User Tag List

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2229303132
Results 466 to 474 of 474

Thread: Did we re-evolve after the comet that killed all the dinosaurs?

  1. #466
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    14,977
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 6,939 Times in 5,601 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147784
    Quote Originally Posted by laughsoutloud View Post
    Here is another great evolution link that talks about how the eye evolved. Click on the eyeball!


    ?
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 3rd, 2016)

  3. #467
    Over 1500 post club GuySmiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,829
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    160609
    Quote Originally Posted by laughsoutloud View Post
    Here is another great evolution link that talks about how the eye evolved. Click on the eyeball!


    I love it!

    Eugene E Scott: "First you start with a bunch of light sensitive cells . . . " Wow, thats simple!

    After all, that's nearly how eyes form in the womb, it must be true! I bet our common ancestor with monkey's must have looked like a fetus then.
    "I believe in Christianity, as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

    "Don't believe that there's nothing that's true, don't believe in this modern machine." Switchfoot

  4. #468
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    14,977
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 6,939 Times in 5,601 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147784
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySmiley View Post


    I love it!

    Eugene E Scott: "First you start with a bunch of light sensitive cells . . . " Wow, thats simple!

    After all, that's nearly how eyes form in the womb, it must be true! I bet our common ancestor with monkey's must have looked like a fetus then.
    I remember these stories

    HERE'S A FISH WITH WEIRD EYES!!!!

    We must have had eyes like this once too!
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 3rd, 2016)

  6. #469
    Over 2000 post club One Eyed Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    2,093
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySmiley View Post


    I love it!

    Eugene E Scott: "First you start with a bunch of light sensitive cells . . . " Wow, thats simple!

    After all, that's nearly how eyes form in the womb, it must be true! I bet our common ancestor with monkey's must have looked like a fetus then.
    "If it can grow, it can evolve."

    That sounds convincing -- if you buy into recapitulation.

  7. #470
    Journeyman laughsoutloud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySmiley View Post


    I love it!

    Eugene E Scott: "First you start with a bunch of light sensitive cells . . . " Wow, thats simple!

    After all, that's nearly how eyes form in the womb, it must be true! I bet our common ancestor with monkey's must have looked like a fetus then.
    Typical - throw up a challenge, get a response, then draw a new line - "Oh, we didn't mean evolution of the eye, we meant light sensitive cells!

    So how far back do you want to go? Didn't you do the paramecium experiment dealing with light sensitivity in school? Do you deny that there are light sensitive cells? Or do you think that God made light sensitive cells, and then let evolution take over from there?

    The point of the explanation is how evolution OF THE EYE could have worked, not evolution from the first life.

    But here is information on the development of light sensitivity.
    You are reading these words right now because 600 million years ago, an aquatic animal called a Hydra developed light-receptive genes—the origin of animal vision.
    You'd think that you do not want evolution to be true (except, of course, when evolution kicked into hyper-speed to generate all the current species from the few kinds on the ark).

  8. #471
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the son of man has nowhere to lay his head
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by laughsoutloud View Post
    Typical - throw up a challenge, get a response, then draw a new line - "Oh, we didn't mean evolution of the eye, we meant light sensitive cells!

    So how far back do you want to go? Didn't you do the paramecium experiment dealing with light sensitivity in school? Do you deny that there are light sensitive cells? Or do you think that God made light sensitive cells, and then let evolution take over from there?

    The point of the explanation is how evolution OF THE EYE could have worked, not evolution from the first life.

    But here is information on the development of light sensitivity.


    You'd think that you do not want evolution to be true (except, of course, when evolution kicked into hyper-speed to generate all the current species from the few kinds on the ark).
    Typical evolution garbage...

    LOL since you say you are a Christian what part does God play in his Creation? From the way you speak God didn't do anything in this magnificent design but everything evolved through blind chance. What part does God play in Creation in your world-view? List some verses please, I don't just want your opinion. Back up what you say with some evidence
    “For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.” Colossians 2:9-10 NKJV

  9. #472
    Journeyman laughsoutloud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by griffinsavard View Post
    Typical evolution garbage...

    LOL since you say you are a Christian what part does God play in his Creation? From the way you speak God didn't do anything in this magnificent design but everything evolved through blind chance. What part does God play in Creation in your world-view? List some verses please, I don't just want your opinion. Back up what you say with some evidence
    Personally, I think He did it all. How? The Big Bang, stellar evolution, biological evolution. Why? The evidence is powerful.

    The only people who deny the evidence of an old earth and common descent are folks who have a prior commitment to an answer, and would not change their mind, no matter what evidence was presented.

  10. #473
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,765
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,768 Times in 2,543 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PlastikBuddha View Post
    More than just microscopic life lived through the catastrophe. Animals like sharks, turtles, crocodilians, and the small mammals that were our ancestors all survived the event...


    Scurry into your underground ark city then. The rest of us are going in the rapture. The bombs may fall as we go up (1 Thess 4:17).

    No, the S1 comet is not a threat.

  11. #474
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,765
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,768 Times in 2,543 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Ark Passes for Life Answers in Genesis Ge 1:1

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to serpentdove For Your Post:

    patrick jane (May 30th, 2016)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us