User Tag List

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2229303132

Thread: Did we re-evolve after the comet that killed all the dinosaurs?

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,939 Times in 5,601 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laughsoutloud View Post
    Here is another great evolution link that talks about how the eye evolved. Click on the eyeball!

?
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

Tambora (July 3rd, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is another great evolution link that talks about how the eye evolved. Click on the eyeball!

I love it!

Eugene E Scott: "First you start with a bunch of light sensitive cells . . . " Wow, thats simple!

After all, that's nearly how eyes form in the womb, it must be true! I bet our common ancestor with monkey's must have looked like a fetus then.
    "I believe in Christianity, as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

"Don't believe that there's nothing that's true, don't believe in this modern machine." Switchfoot

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,939 Times in 5,601 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuySmiley View Post

I love it!

Eugene E Scott: "First you start with a bunch of light sensitive cells . . . " Wow, thats simple!

After all, that's nearly how eyes form in the womb, it must be true! I bet our common ancestor with monkey's must have looked like a fetus then.
    I remember these stories

HERE'S A FISH WITH WEIRD EYES!!!!

We must have had eyes like this once too!
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

Tambora (July 3rd, 2016)

Over 2000 post club One Eyed Jack's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it!

"If it can grow, it can evolve."

That sounds convincing -- if you buy into recapitulation.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it!

Typical - throw up a challenge, get a response, then draw a new line - "Oh, we didn't mean evolution of the eye, we meant light sensitive cells!

So how far back do you want to go? Didn't you do the paramecium experiment dealing with light sensitivity in school? Do you deny that there are light sensitive cells? Or do you think that God made light sensitive cells, and then let evolution take over from there?

The point of the explanation is how evolution OF THE EYE could have worked, not evolution from the first life.

But here is information on the development of light sensitivity.
    You are reading these words right now because 600 million years ago, an aquatic animal called a Hydra developed light-receptive genes—the origin of animal vision.
    You'd think that you do not want evolution to be true (except, of course, when evolution kicked into hyper-speed to generate all the current species from the few kinds on the ark).

Journeyman
    the son of man has nowhere to lay his head
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical - throw up a challenge, get a response, then draw a new line - "Oh, we didn't mean evolution of the eye, we meant light sensitive cells!

So how far back do you want to go? Didn't you do the paramecium experiment dealing with light sensitivity in school? Do you deny that there are light sensitive cells? Or do you think that God made light sensitive cells, and then let evolution take over from there?

The point of the explanation is how evolution OF THE EYE could have worked, not evolution from the first life.

But here is information on the development of light sensitivity.

You'd think that you do not want evolution to be true (except, of course, when evolution kicked into hyper-speed to generate all the current species from the few kinds on the ark).
    Typical evolution garbage...

LOL since you say you are a Christian what part does God play in his Creation? From the way you speak God didn't do anything in this magnificent design but everything evolved through blind chance. What part does God play in Creation in your world-view? List some verses please, I don't just want your opinion. Back up what you say with some evidence
    “For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.” Colossians 2:9-10 NKJV

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by griffinsavard View Post
    Typical evolution garbage...

LOL since you say you are a Christian what part does God play in his Creation? From the way you speak God didn't do anything in this magnificent design but everything evolved through blind chance. What part does God play in Creation in your world-view? List some verses please, I don't just want your opinion. Back up what you say with some evidence
    Personally, I think He did it all. How? The Big Bang, stellar evolution, biological evolution. Why? The evidence is powerful.

The only people who deny the evidence of an old earth and common descent are folks who have a prior commitment to an answer, and would not change their mind, no matter what evidence was presented.

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,768 Times in 2,543 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlastikBuddha View Post
    More than just microscopic life lived through the catastrophe. Animals like sharks, turtles, crocodilians, and the small mammals that were our ancestors all survived the event...

Scurry into your underground ark city then. The rest of us are going in the rapture. The bombs may fall as we go up (1 Thess 4:17).

No, the S1 comet is not a threat.

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,768 Times in 2,543 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ark Passes for Life Answers in Genesis Ge 1:1

12. The Following User Says Thank You to serpentdove For Your Post:

patrick jane (May 30th, 2016)