Day Of Rest

Lilstu

The phrase "Day of Rest" is not found in the KJV of the Bible
0 Bible results for “"Day Of Rest".”

Sorry, we didn’t find any results for your search.

clefty

The phrase "Day of Rest" is not found in the KJV of the Bible
0 Bible results for “"Day Of Rest".”

Sorry, we didn’t find any results for your search.

Maybe that's why the Lord's Day ends when football starts? I mean it's not ALL day right?

clefty

I only watch NFL football on Sunday.
I do not watch college football on the Sabbath.

Lol...good for you...the Lord's Day derives from "Day of the Lord" and has been claimed as the first day of the week by those desperate to find, even insert Sunday keeping into scripture...

Despite previous opinion and teaching:

"Concerning the Authority of the Church. — The Scripture teaches: Remember that you keep the Saturday; six days shalt thou labor and do all thy work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God, etc. However, the church has transferred the observance from Saturday to Sunday by virtue of her own power, without Scripture, without doubt under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit."
"Concerning Holidays and Fast-Days. — The Sabbath is commanded in various places in the Scriptures. But there is no mention of the cessation of the Sabbath and the institution of Sunday in the Gospels, or in Paul's writings, or in all the Bible; therefore this has taken place by the apostolic church instituting it without Scripture."
"If, however, the church has had power to change the Sabbath of the Bible into Sunday and to command Sunday- keeping, why should it not have also this power concerning other days, many of which are based on the Scriptures — such as Christmas, circumcision of the heart, three kings, etc. If you omit the latter, and turn from the church to the Scriptures alone, then you must keep the Sabbath with the Jews, which has been kept from the beginning of the world." 12

12 Dr. Eck's Enchiridion, 1533, pp. 78, 79. [Johann Eck was the principle adversary of Andreas Carlstadt and Martin Luther at the disputation at Leipzig in 1519]

Lots more good day of rest reading...http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/notsun.htm

They value the traditions of man rather than the commandments of Yah...

As if He rose on Sunday...

http://discoveryupdate.com/article10.htm

And taught to eat Sunday Ham...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The only place it talks about a one day rest is here. And that was what God done.
Our rest is when we no longer have to do works to prove our beliefs.

Heb 4:4
4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works";

meshak

BANNED
Banned
DAY OF REST

Heb 4:10
10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
Rev 2:29
29 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'
Heb 3:16-19
16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses?
17 Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
Gal 1:10-12
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
2 Cor 12:7
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
John 15:13
13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
John 15:12
12 "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
Mark 8:35
35 "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.
Rom 8:6-8
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:10
10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:13-14
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
2 Cor 4:11
11 For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus' sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
2 Cor 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Rom 8:1
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
Heb 4:9-10
9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
Heb 4:1-3
1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, they shall not enter My rest," although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
2 Cor 4:16
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
1 Pet 1:17-19
17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear;
18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers,
19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
Rom 6:6-7
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

It surely talking about kingdom of God.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It surely talking about kingdom of God.

I said
The kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven are different. The kingdom of God is inside you.

Luke 17:20-21
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom Squeaky!

I live in Tacoma, WA, USA.

Today is Rishon, the first day of the week. My computer is off before sunset. God gave us six days in which we are to do our work, and a seventh in which we are to rest.

The days of the week are Rishon, Sheni, Shlishli, Revi'i, Chamishi, Shishi, Shabbat.

Today is Kislev 4. The month Kislev, the 4th day.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom Squeaky!

I live in Tacoma, WA, USA.

Today is Rishon, the first day of the week. My computer is off before sunset. God gave us six days in which we are to do our work, and a seventh in which we are to rest.

The days of the week are Rishon, Sheni, Shlishli, Revi'i, Chamishi, Shishi, Shabbat.

Today is Kislev 4. The month Kislev, the 4th day.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Is that near Ione? And your a Jew, good.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Is that near Ione? And your a Jew, good.
Shalom.

I do not know what you are talking about. You are welcome to share with me what your question is about, but I do not understand it. I do not know what you are meaning to communicate, what you want me to know, or if I need to understand your question so that I respond to it with knowledge of what it is.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I do not know what you are talking about. You are welcome to share with me what your question is about, but I do not understand it. I do not know what you are meaning to communicate, what you want me to know, or if I need to understand your question so that I respond to it with knowledge of what it is.

I said
Don't bother with the dumb act anymore. This is ridiculous. Maybe you should just read instead of posting.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Okay. I did not know what you wrote, what you were saying, in that post. I still do not know. I also do not understand your English grammar in your second sentence in that post.

Shalom.

I said
lolo Your not very good at this heckling stuff. You need a refresher course at "Hecklers Are Us".

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Can you repeat your question or rephrase it? I do not understand it as stated.

Shalom.

You don't seem to understand or accept what he says. Why do you ask him questions?

that's why he is saying you are heckling.

It is not a good Christian thing to do.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You don't seem to understand or accept what he says. Why do you ask him questions?

that's why he is saying you are heckling.

It is not a good Christian thing to do.

I said
lol I thought I would give him another chance but it didn't do any good. He's trying to get a merit badge for stupid replies. He screwed up though. This time he started out saying he disagreed with my findings. Then he started playing the dumb act. He got it backwards. What would you disagree with if you didn't understand it in the first place. Its typical though when they run out of spiritual knowledge they play dumb. I don't know why but I have seen it before.