Sermons should be about obedience !

marhig

Those who Christ lived and died for are made righteous. Rom 5:19!
Ok so how? Righteous how? How are you righteous because of Jesus. Because I'm telling you this, if your heart still leans on the flesh, if you still love this world and the things of it, if you are still wilfully sinning even though you know it's wrong before God then you don't even know God. Because those who truly belong to God and Christ are those who turn from sin and obey God, doing his will and they do it willingly because they love him and they want to please him, those who love him more than their own lives, who put him first and deny themselves, bare their cross and follow Jesus.

You're saying that Jesus has made you righteous, but without a complete change of heart then thats not the truth, because once we are born of God then our whole being changes our old life has gone and we walk in newness of spirit, putting on Christ and he is seen in us and through us. You will know Gods true people by their fruits and they are not those still living their own lives thinking it's ok to so because they are elect and above others. Gods people are humble, they know they aren't anything without God, and it's the holy spirit within that's special, not them! And their hope is for all to hear the word and believe, for every single person to know God and Christ, they want as many as possible to be saved from this world and Satan, but many love their flesh and lives first and they don't want the things of God. And some find a religion that caters for this, but those churches that don't teach the truth are not the way of God and Jesus. If your not being taught to turn from sin and obey God and live your life according to his will and do what's right before him, then you belong to a false church, because Jesus and his apostles all taught that those who belong to God are to love him with all their heart and do his will and turn from sin!

You say that I boast, but no I don't, I just know what I was like before and how much God has changed me. I know that the way i lived before is not in a way that pleases God. And the spirit is teaching me every day to turn away from those things and the things of this world, and the things that I once loved are dead to me now. And it's nothing that I've done, because without Christ and the grace of God, I'd still be living like that. It's only through him and those that belong to him that I even had a chance to know the living God.

Now I know how precious that this life that I've been given is, and I don't want to lose it. I've never felt a love and peace like it, nothing in this world compares to it and I hope for everyone to have the chance to know God. But there is a price to pay and that price is our life, we are to sacrifice our flesh for God, he can't do anything with a hard heart so our hearts must be soft and ready to do Gods will, and if we truly belong to Christ then we should be willing to lose our life for Christs sake and lay it down so that Christ by the spirit can do his work within, and change our hearts to be more like his and then he through his people can bring as many back to to God as possible.

God just wants us to love him, but not with just words, but with a love in action. He wants us to love him by living it out and be doers of the word and not hearers only.

beloved57

Of course...I am eager to tell others what I do because of what was done for me...I thought we were all clear here at a Christian forum as to what was done for us...

And since we are all clear on what was done...the topic remains about what I do...you know my fruits...my desire to keep His commandments JUST AS He did...to show my love and gratitude and witness through my example the joy and purpose I have under His yoke...

How about you?

Yes you are eager to boast about yourself, I am boasting about what Christ did. You bring attention to yourself, I bring attention to Christ, see the difference ?

beloved57

marhig

Ok so how? Righteous how?

By Christ's Obedience ! By the Obedience of one many shall be made righteous Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

They are made righteous by His One Obedience, not by His and theirs, for that would mean by the obedience of two, shall many be made righteous ! The sinners obedience isnt even in the equation !

beloved57

Many will but many will not...not all who cry Lord Lord!

He lived and died for all...

Even Satan has faith and believes He is Lord Lord!

Rom 5:19 says nothing about the many will not. Maybe you need to learn how to read. by the obedience of ONE many shall be made Righteous ! The One here is Christ ! By and through His one obedience the many He died for are made declared righteous ! They did nothing, in fact many of them had not even been born yet !

beloved57

clefty

He lived and died for all...

Not according to that verse, because the all, many He lived and died for are made righteous ! Rom 5:19 ! So He lived and died for all who are made righteous according to Rom 5:19. Now are all without exception made Righteous ? Yes or No ?

clefty

clefty

Not according to that verse, because the all, many He lived and died for are made righteous ! Rom 5:19 ! So He lived and died for all who are made righteous according to Rom 5:19. Now are all without exception made Righteous ? Yes or No ?

All sinned...all are condemned...all are given a free gift to chose to receive...many are justified...many not all...not all accept this gift

Those that do accept the gift, are justified through Him and in gratitude live and love JUST AS He did...obedient...as by their fruits they are known

But even children resent their obedient peers calling them "goody two shoes" or "teachers pet" or "attention seekers"...

Not all who cry Lord Lord...but those that DO the will...

beloved57

All sinned...all are condemned...all are given a free gift to chose to receive...many are justified...many not all...not all accept this gift

Those that do accept the gift, are justified through Him and in gratitude live and love JUST AS He did...obedient...as by their fruits they are known

But even children resent their obedient peers calling them "goody two shoes" or "teachers pet" or "attention seekers"...

Not all who cry Lord Lord...but those that DO the will...

Again, the all, the many Christ lived and died for are made righteous Rom 5:19. So they automatically do the will of God, or God doesn't see them as Righteous, which He does.

clefty

Again, the all, the many Christ lived and died for are made righteous Rom 5:19. So they automatically do the will of God, or God doesn't see them as Righteous, which He does.

And what does automatic will of God doing look like?

Again He died for all but not all do His will...or even try

beloved57

Again He died for all but not all do His will...or even try

All men Christ died for were made righteous Rom 5:19! Now were all men made righteous without exception? Afraid not!

beloved57

Clefty
You should look the word righteous up, you might learn something.

The word righteous in Rom5:19 is the greek word dikaios and one of it's meanings is:

/díkaios ("righteous, just") describes what is in conformity to God's own being (His will, standard of rightness); hence "upright."

Being made righteous by Christ obeying the law for me and His People put us into conformity of His Will, His Law.Just as much as Christ Himself was when He lived here as a man. Now can you top that?

clefty

Clefty

You should look the word righteous up, you might learn something.

The word righteous in Rom5:19 is the greek word dikaios and one of it's meanings is:

/díkaios ("righteous, just") describes what is in conformity to God's own being (His will, standard of rightness); hence "upright."

Being made righteous by Christ obeying the law for me and His People put us into conformity of His Will, His Law.Just as much as Christ Himself was when He lived here as a man. Now can you top that?

Wonderful...His yoke is indeed a joy...and living just as He lived and loved is the fruit of our faith...

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Obedience is central for the disciple of Christ. That is a way of life that is obedient to the will of God that is clearly set out in the letters and writings of the New Testament. The role of the pastor and elders is to teach this known will of God so it becomes a reality in the disciples life. Their task is to work together with God in making obedient disciples. The role of sermons and teaching is not just an intellectual understanding of Bible doctrines or theology. Sermons too often deal with theory not practice. For example sermons on Ephesians chapters 1 to 3 rather than chapters 4 to 6. Or Sermons on Romans chapters 1-8 rather than chapters 12-16. The privilege of preaching to the disciples weekly is wasted if it does not get down to the nitty gritty of obeying what the will of God is as given in the New Testament. And sermons need to be followed through until the disciples put it into practice. The greatest obstacle to preaching that helps make obedient disciples is that pastors and elders themselves are not obedient to the revealed will of God and cannot speak from experience. The Spirit cannot use their theorising to build obedient disciples.
A child of God will obey (Ro 8:14) his perfect law (Mt 5:48). Not freed from sin? Jn 8:34 :listen: You're not the real deal (1 Jn 3:9).

clefty

Did you read and understand the points in the post?

Sure what's to miss?

"conformity of His Will, His Law.Just as much as Christ Himself was when He lived here as a man"

He asked if we love Him to keep the commandments...AS He did...nothing there about those commandments are kept for us...

He did not say "if you love me that's enough I did the rest..."

Go and sin no more...is possible only with Him He knows those with Him want to do AS He did...

Like sheep that run ahead because they already know the way...

marhig

marhig

By Christ's Obedience ! By the Obedience of one many shall be made righteous Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

They are made righteous by His One Obedience, not by His and theirs, for that would mean by the obedience of two, shall many be made righteous ! The sinners obedience isnt even in the equation !
Adam was supposed to do what Jesus did, but he sinned. So his example was then wrong and he showed the example of a sinful life. Jesus didn't sin, and he showed the correct example to follow. So through Adam showing the wrong example we all carry on in sin. But through Jesus we had the right example follow and his righteousness is imputed into us through the holy spirit. Then we are to live according to the will of God and not of the flesh, like Adam did.

We are not pure, righteous or holy in any way whatsoever if we continue to wilfully sin and we aren't being guided by the spirit either, because if we were we would be turning from sin. It's wrong before God to sin, and only Satan would teach that it's ok to carry on doing so!

beloved57

Done did it...

Conformity to His will, His Law is being righteous...

Ok then. Every man Christ died for has been brought into conformity of doing Gods will and commandments. That is part of salvation and being made righteous. Those Christ died for didn't do anything. Do you believe that ?

beloved57

Adam was supposed to do what Jesus did, but he sinned. So his example was then wrong and he showed the example of a sinful life. Jesus didn't sin, and he showed the correct example to follow. So through Adam showing the wrong example we all carry on in sin. But through Jesus we had the right example follow and his righteousness is imputed into us through the holy spirit. Then we are to live according to the will of God and not of the flesh, like Adam did.

We are not pure, righteous or holy in any way whatsoever if we continue to wilfully sin and we aren't being guided by the spirit either, because if we were we would be turning from sin. It's wrong before God to sin, and only Satan would teach that it's ok to carry on doing so!

Baloney.