ECT water baptism

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Act 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Every example in scripture is to be water baptized then receive the Holy Spirit.

I'm sorry I didn't see the you must be baptized in that verse. Could you please point it out? What is the function of baptism?

dodge

I'm sorry I didn't see the you must be baptized in that verse. Could you please point it out? What is the function of baptism?

Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Repent and be baptized does not leave much wiggle room.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Point of being baptized = obedience to God !

Jerry Shugart

Here is the point why those in the earlier dispensations were baptized with water:

"And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16).

In his commentary on this verse Sir Robert Anderson writes, "The Apostle records the words which Ananias addressed to him (Paul) at his conversion: 'Arise and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord'...His meaning is clear: 'Arise and be baptized, and turn away from your evil courses, calling on His name'" [emphasis mine] (Anderson, The Bible or the Church? [London: Pickering & Inglis, Second Edition], 230-231).

That is the meaning of the words "ye washed yourselves" and "cleanse ourselves" in the following verses:

"And such were some of you: but ye washed yourselves, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God " (1 Cor.6:11; RV, Marginal Note).

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God " (2 Cor.7:1).

Jerry Shugart

Jerry , yet you cannot provide even ONE verse from scripture where water baptism is done away with.

You must assert that today there are TWO BAPTISMS even though the Scriptures declares in no uncertain terms that there is but ONE BAPTISM.

Paul was water baptized then he received the Holy Spirit. If you read acts 19 honestly you would acknowledge that truth where Paul was water baptized and then received the Holy Spirit.

The purpose of the Holy Spirit coming on those men was to enable them to speak in tongues and not to baptize them into the Body of Christ. If you had an open mind you would see that.

dodge

You must assert that today there are TWO BAPTISMS even though the Scriptures declares in no uncertain terms that there is but ONE BAPTISM.

The purpose of the Holy Spirit coming on those men was to enable them to speak in tongues and not to baptize them into the Body of Christ. If you had an open mind you would see that.

What I assert is that there is only ONE Spiritual baptism that follows water baptism exactly as scripture teaches.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Does baptism affect your salvation?

COGTHW

Faith don't save you.!! The water baptism of Jesus Christ name and baptism of the Holy Ghost save you. And staying holy.

Obey Jesus Christ

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Faith don't save you.!! The water baptism of Jesus Christ name and baptism of the Holy Ghost save you. And staying holy.

Obey Jesus Christ

Water baptism has nothing to do with salvation. There is one baptism. That of the Holy Ghost.

Ephesians 4:4-6 New King James Version (NKJV)

4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is
above all, and through all, and in you all.

Ephesians 2:8-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

COGTHW

water baptism

You are saved by works that you have faith. The water and Holy Spirit save you sir. You need to repent unto God. 20 'Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.'

21 'The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:' SAVED BY WATER.!!!! Sir. ; 24 'Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only' James 2:24 WORKS SIR.!! Work of the water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ and in filling of the Holy Ghost. I have no denominations. The bible don't teach that 1 Peter 1:16 ' for it is written be ye holy ; for i am holy ' I am of the holy true God of heaven which is holy. Not your denominations.!

Obey Jesus Christ

dodge

Does baptism affect your salvation?

Saved folks get water baptism because Jesus taught to be baptized.

Does it affect ones salvation if they are disobedient to God, and ignore what He told them to do ?

Salvation is GRACE through faith 100% , but wouldn't you think that forks that claim to have Jesus as their Lord and King should obey Him ?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are saved by works that you have faith. The water and Holy Spirit save you sir. You need to repent unto God. 20 'Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.'

21 'The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:' SAVED BY WATER.!!!! Sir. ; 24 'Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only' James 2:24 WORKS SIR.!! Work of the water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ and in filling of the Holy Ghost. I have denominations. The bible don't teach that 1 Peter 1:16 ' for it is written be ye holy ; for i am holy ' I am of the holy true God of heaven which is holy. Not your denominations.!

Obey Jesus Christ

No sir buddy! You are saved by the grace of Almighty God and belief in His sons sacrifice for sin! Water baptism has absolutely nothing, nothing to do with salvation and the baptism of the Spirit is received because you have received salvation. Get a clue!

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

COGTHW

So you can make it to heaven WITHOUT the water baptism= to be born of water.? You say yes or no.?

Obey Jesus Christ