ECT water baptism

COGTHW

Peter explained it in a way that if people was confused on what Jesus said Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Obey Jesus Christ

whitestone

hmm,I see Paul asking them this and having this explained to Appolos as exactly what JTB said of his baptism of water and how they would be baptised afterwards John 1:33 KJV lol,Paul’s asking them about the two and rightly dividing them.

COGTHW

Jesus said to be baptized ;
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matthew 28:19 ; that is what the Apostles did. Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Obey Jesus Christ

Right Divider

Body part
It means the time had not yet been fulfilled for Christ to present the kingdom of God.

In Mark 1:15 Jesus said, "The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

As you know Christ's death and resurrection was planned from the beginning.
I do know that. So what does Israel being DRY baptized UNTO Moses have to do with Israel's water baptism for the remissions of sins?

Right Divider

Body part
The Cloud was Christ, a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night.

It was he who baptized Israel in the sea.
Please quote scripture to support all of your claims.

So once again it's about Israel.

This is why YOU (and MANY) always attempt to turn the body of Christ into some "spiritual Israel".

Right Divider

Body part
I have never claimed that. On the contrary, I have claimed Abel was saved by grace.
....without works?

Please, once again, support your ideas with scripture.

Why does Paul claim to be the one that was given the dispensation of the grace of God from the RISEN and ASCENDED LORD Jesus Christ?

You, and most of churchianity, read things into the scripture that are just not there.

If Abel was in the body of Christ that is described in the Pauline epistles, how can Paul call it a NEW CREATURE?

SimpleMan77

water baptism

what do you think Appolos was told seeing he only understood the baptism of John and in Acts 19:2 KJV why is Paul so concerned as to if they had received the Holy Ghost?

It's safe to say that Priscilla and Aquila, co-workers with Paul, re-baptized Apollos and he was filled with the Holy Ghost.
That is exactly the way Paul handled 12 other disciples who believed the same thing as Apollos.
As to why:paul stated in Rom 8:9 that "if any man have not the Spirit of Christ he is none of his.
Those are Paul's words, not mine

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Right Divider

Body part
You regard 50% of Paul's scriptures 100% of the time.
So you're one of the long list of LAIRS here on TOL. That's a very bad club you've joined.

Let's be clear: I've never seen you Madists ever quote a single scripture outside of Paul's, and I've never seen much more than the same parts of Paul's letters emphasized.
Then you're blind, as I quote from throughout the Bible.

One point of FACT is that, TODAY in the dispensation of the grace of God, Paul's epistles are where you will find it. But you prefer your "orthodoxy" which was much like the orthodoxy in Christ's day: you're a self-righteous teacher of the law.

You all are like Catholics who say that Jesus is their inspiration for contrition but never lay off Mary :rolleyes:
There's only one version of history- the actual one :wave2:
Your "actual one" is a myth and a figment of your own vivid imagination. :yawn:

dodge

what do you think Appolos was told seeing he only understood the baptism of John and in Acts 19:2 KJV why is Paul so concerned as to if they had received the Holy Ghost?

Don't stop at 19:2

Act 19:4
Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Act 19:5
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Act 19:6
And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

They were baptized THEN Paul LAID HIS HAND ON THEM then they received the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So you're one of the long list of LAIRS here on TOL. That's a very bad club you've joined.

You all do not keep Paul's teachings. Paul was more strict than the others, particularly when it came to marriage, gender roles, headship, and a myriad of disciplines. And yet, proper churches are more in keeping with it despite not being 'Paul only'.

In fact the only book that really matters to you all is Acts- you then just cherry pick what you want out of Paul.

Then you're blind, as I quote from throughout the Bible.

You're an idiot, plain and simple.

One point of FACT is that, TODAY in the dispensation of the grace of God, Paul's epistles are where you will find it. But you prefer your "orthodoxy" which was much like the orthodoxy in Christ's day: you're a self-righteous teacher of the law.

Again, you're an idiot, plain and simple :rolleyes:

Your "actual one" is a myth and a figment of your own vivid imagination. :yawn:

Your 19th Century heresy is nothing more than a 1st World Gentile's convenience of not actually having to be part of real Christianity to inherit grace. You fully participate in Babylon and think that you're going to be whisked away, and that's straight up nonsense.

Jerry Shugart

I have prayed for you Jerry and wondered how you were doing for months,I am glad to see you back. I share something in common I finished my 2nd full week of chemo/rad. today, fatigue is much more than I expected but not so much to miss welcoming you back,,,

Thanks for your kind words, whitestone. Luckily, my tumor was not cancerous. I will pray for you:

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen" (Eph.3:20).

Jerry Shugart

Jesus was baptized, and EVERY Apostle and follower of Jesus was water baptized after the DBR.

Can you produce even ONE verse that says water baptism was done away with or stopped from SCRIPTURE ?

Again, for this dispensation there is but ONE BAPTISM. And anyone with the least bit of spiritual discernment knows that this is that ONE BAPTISM:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).

This is not rocket science and if you think that the baptism of 1 Corinthians 12:13 is not the ONE BAPTISM and water baptism is then please explain how you can conclude that today there are TWO BAPTISMS.

Thanks!

Right Divider

Body part
You all do not keep Paul's teachings. Paul was more strict than the others, particularly when it came to marriage, gender roles, headship, and a myriad of disciplines. And yet, proper churches are more in keeping with it despite not being 'Paul only'.

In fact the only book that really matters to you all is Acts- you then just cherry pick what you want out of Paul.
All nonsense.

You're an idiot, plain and simple.
Again, you're an idiot, plain and simple :rolleyes:
Is this your typical "Christian" response.

You can search my posts to validate that I DO quote from many parts of the Bible.

You're a liar and a coward.

Your 19th Century heresy is nothing more than a 1st World Gentile's convenience of not actually having to be part of real Christianity to inherit grace. You fully participate in Babylon and think that you're going to be whisked away, and that's straight up nonsense.
"Inherit grace"? You rabid religious zealots say the funniest things.

dodge

Again, for this dispensation there is but ONE BAPTISM. And anyone with the least bit of spiritual discernment knows that this is that ONE BAPTISM:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).

This is not rocket science and if you think that the baptism of 1 Corinthians 12:13 is not the ONE BAPTISM and water baptism is the ONE BAPTISM then I can only conclude that you cannot understand the things of the Spirit.

Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

They were baptized THEN Paul LAID HIS HAND ON THEM then they received the Holy Spirit.

whitestone

It's safe to say that Priscilla and Aquila, co-workers with Paul, re-baptized Apollos and he was filled with the Holy Ghost.
That is exactly the way Paul handled 12 other disciples who believed the same thing as Apollos.
As to why:paul stated in Rom 8:9 that "if any man have not the Spirit of Christ he is none of his.
Those are Paul's words, not mine

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

I would not think it safe to say "re-baptized" in fact it was their first time to be baptised with the Holy Ghost mentioned in John 1:33 KJV ,so not "re-"

Bare in mind that it also states of Appolos that he "only knew the baptism of John" Acts 18:25 KJV so he only understood a portion of a thing,but needed to understand more,as in Acts 19:3 KJV they also understood and were baptised into John's(water),,,that’s why Paul is asking them about the other.

dodge

This is not rocket science and if you think that the baptism of 1 Corinthians 12:13 is not the ONE BAPTISM and water baptism is then please explain how you can conclude that today there are TWO BAPTISMS.

Thanks!

Jerry , good to hear you are doing better. Praise God. As was when those in Acts 19 they were water baptized then they received the baptism the Holy Spirit.

Jerry Shugart

Thanks for your kind words, dodge. Are you saying that water baptism is the ONE BAPTISM?

Thanks!