Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

Amen! Yes, Paul had to already have been in a regenerate state to experimentally understand the renewed mind he had been given which made him Spiritually equipped to serve the law of God.

So, when Paul thanked God through Jesus Christ our Lord in Rom. 7:25, I believe he already knew about God's Eternal Purpose which he spoke about later to the Ephesians.

Eph. 3:11
According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Which refers to the New Covenant or Everlasting Covenant which is revealed Ps. 25:14 to every Elect sinner after they are born again, and then given Faith to believe in Christ, Who already fulfilled all the conditions for each one of them whom God had Chosen In Union with Him and predestinated to Salvation in Him, their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22 from Everlasting. As David understood:

2 Sam. 23:5
Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.

For all of the Election of Grace, the Heirs of Salvation, God has preordained every detail to Perfection for their Salvation in Christ their Surety from Everlasting, according to His Divine Purpose!

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

In God's sight then, once a person is Born of the Spirit of God, of incorruptible seed, they do not commit sin, even though while still in a flesh body, they do serve the law of sin, sinning everyday.

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

~~~~~
Amen Sister!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

beloved57

Are people for whom Christ died ever lost ?

Now I am going to be as truthful as can be even though I realize the adversary is going to charge me with contradiction, but it will only be a false charge. The answer is yes, the elect, the sheep of God and Christ are born into the world lost, no their souls are not lost, they are not lost as the condemned are lost, but they are lost in that by nature they are lost in spiritual darkness and ignorance, and they are by nature just like the reprobate lost Eph 2:2-3,5

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Yes, when the elect walked this way, they were lost ul had told However not condemned ! Remember Paul had told them earlier that they had been chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4 and that they had been accepted in the beloved, Eph 1:6 and there is no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus Rom 8:1 !

So as each elect person is born dead in sin, they are experimentally lost. Now an example of what I mean drawn from scripture can be found in the story of the prodigal Son found in Lk 15:11-24,32

11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:
12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Now notice in verse 24 and 32, the Son was said to be dead and lost, hence when the elect sons of God are born into the world, theyre born dead and lost in sin. In this state they are alienated from their Father Eph 4:18; Col 1:21. As the prodigal son, as long as he was alienated from his loving Father, he was experimentally dead and lost, but even at that time, they're sons and heirs of God.

beloved57

Are people for whom Christ died ever lost ?2

The Sons of God by nature are lost to the fellowship and communion with God and their Saviour, hence it will come a time they shall be effectually called into Fellowship by the Faithfulness of God to the them 1 Cor 1:9

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

And thats what is depicted with the prodigal sons return, observe Lk 15:22-24

22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

So the eternally Justified but yet sinful elect, must be saved from a lost state of alienation from God their Father and their elder brother the Lord Jesus Christ, See Rom 5:10. For while they are in darkness, theres no fellowship and communion 2 Cor 6:14

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

But because they are still Sons, it happens to them this 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

which corresponds to the call in 1 Cor 1:9

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

beloved57

I have finished the work !

Jn 17:4

[FONT=&quot]I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Why did Jesus say here "[/FONT]
I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do." ?

Please understand, at this particular time Jesus had not yet undergone the penal sufferings unto death as to when He would utter these words Jn 19:30

[FONT=&quot]When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Now the former in Jn 17:4 Jesus had basically kept, obeyed the preceptive aspect of Gods Law, for all whom He would die as their Surety. You see, Gods people in Adam was under obligation to God to render unerring love and obedience to Him, and that in way of obeying His precepts [[/FONT]
a general rule intended to regulate behavior or thought.] And of course the test of this Love and Obedience is seen here Gen 2:15-17

[FONT=&quot]And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.[/FONT]

Hence as we know from the scripture, man in Adam failed to render perfect obedience to his God, and became manifestively a sinner transgressor " [FONT=&quot] for [/FONT]sin is the transgression of the law".

Also Rom 5:12 came to pass. Man in adam transgressed Gods law.

beloved57

I have finished the work ! 2

Now that man in his first natural head adam had became a transgressor to Gods preceptive law, Christ as the surety of Gods People in Adam, came to do for them what adam could and did not do, to perfectly obey Gods will in love. Ps 40:6-8

[FONT=&quot]Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Vs 8 seems to primarily denote Gods preceptive will, He delighted in doing it, and of course it applied to Christ we know from Heb 10:5-10

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.[/FONT]

In which in this both His active and passive obedience is depicted. So men[Gods elect] in their Surety Christ, has rendered perfect obedience to Gods moral and preceptive law, hence it is written Isa 42:21

[FONT=&quot]The [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot] is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he[Christ the Surety] will magnify the law, and make it honourable.[/FONT]

beloved57

Saved by quickening Eph 2:1-6

Eph 2:1-6

[FONT=&quot]And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

In other words, the very fact that those Christ died for were quickened together with Him, means they were saved by Grace Eph 2:5 !

The religions of men depive us of this great truth found in scripture. Almost all false religions deny the fact that Christ's death alone, plus zero, saved those He died for. Several scriptures however testify to that fact: 1 Pet 2:24;Rom 4:25;5:19. Now I would like to show another scripture evidence to that fact from our passage Eph 2:5, of which Paul is speaking of the whole body of Christ, stating that they were saved according to their being quickened together with Christ, when He was raised up from the dead. In other words, when Christ the Head was raised up, quickened, so likewise together with Him was His Body. Christ and His Body, every mystical member of it, were all raised up together. Now question is, when was the Head quickened ?

[/FONT]

beloved57

Saved by quickening Eph 2:1-6 2

Now when was Christ quickened ? Scripture tells us, its when He was raised up from the dead. The words quickened in Vs 5 means:

I make that which was dead to live, zōopoiéō (from 2221 /zōgréō, "alive" and 4160 /poiéō, "make") – properly, make alive (zōos); i.e. "quicken," vivify ("animate"); (figuratively) cause what is dead (inoperative) to have life; empower with divine life.

Remember when Jesus said Rev 1:18

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Rev 2:8

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

After He had died, He was made to live, He was quickened. So when Christ the Surety Shepherd of His Sheep was raised from the dead, quickened as Per Heb 13:20

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead[quickened/raised up] our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

All for whom He died, the Sheep were raised up representatively with Him, and by that they were saved by Grace as Eph 2:5 makes clear. So listen, all for whom Christ died, and was raised for are saved by Grace. Yes even before they are born sinners, and after they are born sinners and enemies by nature, and continuing so until they are born again or born from above, where they already sit together with their Head ! So the mere fact of Christs resurrection alone is evidence that those He died for are saved !

Nanja

Part 1

Are people for whom Christ died ever lost ?

Now I am going to be as truthful as can be even though I realize the adversary is going to charge me with contradiction, but it will only be a false charge. The answer is yes, the elect, the sheep of God and Christ are born into the world lost, no their souls are not lost, they are not lost as the condemned are lost, but they are lost in that by nature they are lost in spiritual darkness and ignorance, and they are by nature just like the reprobate lost Eph 2:2-3,5

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Yes, when the elect walked this way, they were lost ul had told However not condemned ! Remember Paul had told them earlier that they had been chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4 and that they had been accepted in the beloved, Eph 1:6 and there is no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus Rom 8:1 !

So as each elect person is born dead in sin, they are experimentally lost. Now an example of what I mean drawn from scripture can be found in the story of the prodigal Son found in Lk 15:11-24,32

Are people for whom Christ died ever lost ?2

The Sons of God by nature are lost to the fellowship and communion with God and their Saviour, hence it will come a time they shall be effectually called into Fellowship by the Faithfulness of God to the them 1 Cor 1:9

And thats what is depicted with the prodigal sons return, observe Lk 15:22-24

So the eternally Justified but yet sinful elect, must be saved from a lost state of alienation from God their Father and their elder brother the Lord Jesus Christ, See Rom 5:10. For while they are in darkness, theres no fellowship and communion 2 Cor 6:14

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

But because they are still Sons, it happens to them this 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

which corresponds to the call in 1 Cor 1:9

Amen to both parts!

Yes, they were lost, but just as you have shown, God's Elect Sons Eph. 1:4-5 were already reconciled to Him while being enemies and unbelievers Rom. 5:10 by the Blood of their Surety Christ Jesus. It's by that fact alone, that every one of His Lost Sheep He gave Himself for John 10:11, 15, shall be rescued Luke 15:4, purified from their evil ways, made obedient and experience an intimate fellowship and communion with the Father and their Saviour!

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

1 Pet. 1:2
Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

~~~

beloved57

Part 1

Amen to both parts!

Yes, they were lost, but just as you have shown, God's Elect Sons Eph. 1:4-5 were already reconciled to Him while being enemies and unbelievers Rom. 5:10 by the Blood of their Surety Christ Jesus. It's by that fact alone, that every one of His Lost Sheep He gave Himself for John 10:11, 15, shall be rescued Luke 15:4, purified from their evil ways, made obedient and experience an intimate fellowship and communion with the Father and their Saviour!

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

1 Pet. 1:2
Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

~~~

That's Right. They will be saved into fellowship with God!

beloved57

Who is the House of Israel here ?

Matt 15:24

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

i know already 99% of folk will say Jesus was speaking of the jews, the physical nation of israel. However thats a mistake, in fact very few ethnic jews in that nation in Jesus day were His Sheep, and so they[the non sheep] were excluded.

The Lost Sheep of the House of Israel is none other than Jesus Church, His Body, of which He is the Head of and Saviour to. This is True because Jesus is the One and Only Israel, scripture testifies to this Isa 49:3

And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Now who does the Prophet mean here by " O Israel " ? Well look at the rest of the immediate context at the description Isa 49:2,4-8

And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the Lord, and my work with my God.

5 And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

7 Thus saith the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the Lord that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.

8 Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;

Last edited:

Nanja

Who is the House of Israel here ?

Matt 15:24

[FONT="]But he answered and said, [B]I am not sent but unto the[/B] [/FONT][/COLOR][B][U]lost [/U][B][U]sheep of the house of Israel[/U].[/B][/B]

i know already 99% of folk will say Jesus was speaking of the jews, the physical nation of israel. However thats a mistake, in fact very few ethnic jews in that nation in Jesus day were His Sheep, and so they[the non sheep] were excluded.

The Lost Sheep of the House of Israel is none other than Jesus Church, His Body, of which He is the Head of and Saviour to. This is True because Jesus is the One and Only Israel, scripture testifies to this Isa 49:3

[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Now who does the Prophet mean here by " O Israel " ? Well look at the rest of the immediate context at the description Isa 49:2,4-8

[/FONT]
[FONT="]And [B]he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword;[/B] in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]

[/FONT]
[FONT="]Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the Lord, and my work with my God.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]5 And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]6 [/B][/FONT]And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: [B]I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles,[/B] that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]7 Thus saith the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the Lord that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.[/FONT]

[FONT="]8 Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;[/FONT]

Amen! Christ is Israel and His Body Chosen in Union with Him Eph. 1:4-5 is the House of Israel, Christ's Sheep Mat. 15:24: The Chosen tribes of Jacob Is. 49:6; Ps. 135:4, or the House of Jacob, the whole Israel of God. The same are His Vessels of Mercy Is. 14:1; Rom. 9:23 which is the Israel, all the Elect of God, that was Promised Salvation Is. 45:17.

~~~

beloved57

Amen! Christ is Israel and His Body Chosen in Union with Him Eph. 1:4-5 is the House of Israel, Christ's Sheep Mat. 15:24: The Chosen tribes of Jacob Is. 49:6; Ps. 135:4, or the House of Jacob, the whole Israel of God. The same are His Vessels of Mercy Is. 14:1; Rom. 9:23 which is the Israel, all the Elect of God, that was Promised Salvation Is. 45:17.

~~~

Amen Sister!

beloved57

Who is the House of Israel here ?2

Now notice something stated about Israel here in the Prophecy, in Vs 6

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Now who does the Holy Spirit apply that to later here Lk 2:26-32

And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,

29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:

30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

And of course the prophet had stated earlier, as it applied to Christ, the servant of the Lord Isa 42:6

I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

​So its scriptural to state that Christ is Israel !

Nanja

Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The Righteousness of God imputed as Per 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

If the Righteousness of God that is imputed to our charge is Revealed to us, to our God Given Faith, that Righteousness being also our Justification before God, then how is it that one's faith which that Righteousness is Revealed to, also be the cause of that Righteousness being imputed to us ? For in such a case it would mean that No Righteousness imputed existed before in order to be Revealed to God given Faith later; but the Truth is, The Imputed Righteousness did always exist for us before the Mind of God's Law and Justice, secured to us by the Blood of Christ, So that in God's Time He may reveal it to us in the Gospel of our Salvation !

So True, Brother! Our God-Given Faith in New Birth, that reveals the Gospel of our Salvation to us, isn't the cause of our Justification, but is a fruit and evidence of our Eternal Union with Christ Eph. 1:4; that the Righteousness of our Covenant Head and Surety 7:22; Rev. 13:8 was imputed to us from Everlasting by His Obedience on our behalf Rom. 5:19; Rom. 4:8, and is revealed to us by His Spirit 1 Cor. 2:10.

beloved57

Inheriting eternal life !

Matt 19:16-17

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mark wrote it Mk 10:17-19

17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Eternal Life is an Inheritance, given to certains by promise , Gal 3:18

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Matt 25:34

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Now, back to Matt 19 and Mk 10, Jesus was truthful in stating what it took for one to have eternal life, or inherit eternal life based upon the question asked Him by the young ruler. Jesus reply is Keep the Commandments of God:

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Now of course what Jesus did not tell the young man is that its impossible for man in the flesh to keep the commandments of God, weakness in the flesh Rom 8:3

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

In fact, man in the very beginning proved this weakness in the flesh when the devil tempted eve Gen 3:1-6

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

However the Good News is this, everyone Christ lived and died for, the Heirs of Promise, have or shall inherit Eternal life. The reason is, Jesus Christ Himself in the Likeness of sinful flesh, for them fulfilled the Law with the perfect obedience God required of man. The Preacher Solomon wrote Ecc 12:13

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man/adam.
Yes, Christ for all whom He represented as their Head and Surety, for them He has Feared God and kept His commandments.

That's what Paul means in Rom 8:3,4

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

See Rom 10:4

Isa 42:21

21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Christ in Surety engagement for the Elect of God has magnified the Law and made it honourable by His Obedience unto it in the place of many Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the [Surety]obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now the righteous inherit the Kingdom, Matt 13:43

Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Now if any person for whom Christ lived and died, does not inherit eternal life, Jesus is found to be a liar ! But alas, all for whom He lived and died shall inherit eternal life ! Those who don't, He didn't live and die for, simple as that !

Nanja

Inheriting eternal life !

Matt 19:16-17

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Mark wrote it Mk 10:17-19

17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Eternal Life is an Inheritance, given to certains by promise , Gal 3:18

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Matt 25:34

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Now, back to Matt 19 and Mk 10, Jesus was truthful in stating what it took for one to have eternal life, or inherit eternal life based upon the question asked Him by the young ruler. Jesus reply is Keep the Commandments of God:

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Now of course what Jesus did not tell the young man is that its impossible for man in the flesh to keep the commandments of God, weakness in the flesh Rom 8:3

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

In fact, man in the very beginning proved this weakness in the flesh when the devil tempted eve Gen 3:1-6

However the Good News is this, everyone Christ lived and died for, the Heirs of Promise, have or shall inherit Eternal life. The reason is, Jesus Christ Himself in the Likeness of sinful flesh, for them fulfilled the Law with the perfect obedience God required of man. The Preacher Solomon wrote Ecc 12:13

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man/adam.
Yes, Christ for all whom He represented as their Head and Surety, for them He has Feared God and kept His commandments.

That's what Paul means in Rom 8:3,4

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

See Rom 10:4

Isa 42:21

21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Christ in Surety engagement for the Elect of God has magnified the Law and made it honourable by His Obedience unto it in the place of many Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the [Surety]obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now the righteous inherit the Kingdom, Matt 13:43

Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Now if any person for whom Christ lived and died, does not inherit eternal life, Jesus is found to be a liar ! But alas, all for whom He lived and died shall inherit eternal life ! Those who don't, He didn't live and die for, simple as that !

Amen Brother, Excellent teaching Faithful to the scriptures!

beloved57

Amen Brother, Excellent teaching Faithful to the scriptures!

False religion doesn't realize that Eternal Life is an Promised Inheritance to Gods Heirs. Heb 1:14

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Heb 6:17

17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

Gal 3:29

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.