Worship In Spirit

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
WORSHIP IN SPIRIT

John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Heb 9:8-9
8 the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing.
9 It was symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience--
1 Pet 4:1-2
1 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
1 Pet 3:14
14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. "And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled."
Heb 5:8
8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
1 Pet 2:21
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
Rom 8:1
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 Tim 2:15
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
James 3:2
2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.
Rom 8:5
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
Heb 5:13-14
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
James 1:2-3
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
James 1:12
12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
Rom 8:1
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
Eph 1:13-14
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
Heb 4:1-2
1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
Heb 4:9-10
9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
Mark 9:1
1 And He said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that there are some standing here who will not taste death till they see the kingdom of God present with power."
John 4:23-24
23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
24 "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Rom 8:13
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

xxx Worship is to submit to without question. To worship in the Spirit is to submit to the Holy Spirit and every verse He gives you. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses. To worship in the flesh is when your emotions and human wisdom get in the way of your submission.

Gal 6:7-8
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
(NKJ)

xxx Those who worship in the flesh and carnally minded only see the sins that happen outside the body. worshiping in the Spirit they must look at the sins that happen inside the body. inside their own body. Then they realize that the sins outside the body are only evidence of the sin that dwells within them.

Rom 7:4-6
4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another-- to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
(NKJ)

Interplanner

Squeak,
to make a discussion, you need to make a proposition of the passages you quote. The proposition cannot be just a repeat of something that is already there; you have to create one, otherwise nothing moves forward.

Bradley D

They Holy Spirits is my connection with Christ/God. The Spirit helps me with my prayers.

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans" (Romans 8:26).

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
xxx Worship is to submit to without question. To worship in the Spirit is to submit to the Holy Spirit and every verse He gives you. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses. To worship in the flesh is when your emotions and human wisdom get in the way of your submission.

The testimony of all spiritual men of the Bible up to today is that they all questioned what God said before obeying Him.

LA

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The testimony of all spiritual men of the Bible up to today is that they all questioned what God said before obeying Him.

LA

I said
That is false. The only ones that ever questioned Him was the ones that didn't know who He was. Once Jesus told them they never questioned Him.

Matt 11:27-30
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
28 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeak,
to make a discussion, you need to make a proposition of the passages you quote. The proposition cannot be just a repeat of something that is already there; you have to create one, otherwise nothing moves forward.

I said
You really should take that up with God because He is the one telling me how to do it. Now when you confront God on this matter be sure and return and let me know how that came out for you.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I said
That is false. The only ones that ever questioned Him was the ones that didn't know who He was. Once Jesus told them they never questioned Him.

Matt 11:27-30
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
28 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
(NKJ)

So you never questioned what God said to you?

Act 10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
Act 10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
Act 10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
Act 10:16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.
Act 10:17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate,

LA

Danoh

Act 10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
Act 10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
Act 10:16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.
Act 10:17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate,

LA

Nope. Never.

I have what Peter had not back then, in that moment - His COMPLETED Word on ALL things for my instruction...

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

As Peter himself noted much later; at the end of his life...

2 Peter 1:13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; 1:14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me. 1:15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance. 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

LA

I said
Question God??? Never. God is perfect, His Word is Holy. There is only two reactions I have towards Gods Word. Obey or repent for not understanding. If there ever comes up a question in my mind about questioning God. I know it is from the devil.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
you guys are a joke.

1Co 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
1Co 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
1Co 14:28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
1Co 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
1Co 14:30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
1Co 14:31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

1Co 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

LA

Interplanner

I said
You really should take that up with God because He is the one telling me how to do it. Now when you confront God on this matter be sure and return and let me know how that came out for you.

OK, but what are you saying about the passage you quoted so much of?

The topic of this thread is 'worship in spirit' which is in Jn 4. The idea there is that locations, temples, would soon not matter--or already did not matter!

What are you saying?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
OK, but what are you saying about the passage you quoted so much of?

The topic of this thread is 'worship in spirit' which is in Jn 4. The idea there is that locations, temples, would soon not matter--or already did not matter!

What are you saying?

I said
Worship means to submit to without question. If one totally submits to the Holy Spirit he won't know where the Holy Spirit is going to take him. But he will follow.

John 3:8
8 "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
(NKJ)

Interplanner

I said
Worship means to submit to without question. If one totally submits to the Holy Spirit he won't know where the Holy Spirit is going to take him. But he will follow.

John 3:8
8 "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
(NKJ)

Do you think he meant that to the Samaritan woman? Why?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Do you think he meant that to the Samaritan woman? Why?

I said
I think he meant that to Everyone who is going to receive the Holy Spirit. I think it was put like that so people will listen to the Holy Spirit instead of arguing with Him. Because if anyone argues with the Holy Spirit that is blasphemy

Interplanner

I said
I think he meant that to Everyone who is going to receive the Holy Spirit. I think it was put like that so people will listen to the Holy Spirit instead of arguing with Him. Because if anyone argues with the Holy Spirit that is blasphemy

OK, I just don't know about the 'without question' part. I think maybe you are referring to how people led or filled by the Spirit did rather risky things for Christ by ordinary standards. But still, to go back to Jn 4, isn't it just that there is no brick and stone building anywhere on earth, nor ever shall be, that is where people "have" to go to worship?