Paul And Tithing

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Paul And Tithing

1 Cor 9:1-12

1 Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?
2 If I am not an apostle to others, yet doubtless I am to you. For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.
3 My defense to those who examine me is this:
4 Do we have no right to eat and drink?
5 Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?
6 Or is it only Barnabas and I who have no right to refrain from working?
7 Who ever goes to war at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat of its fruit? Or who tends a flock and does not drink of the milk of the flock?
8 Do I say these things as a mere man? Or does not the law say the same also?
9 For it is written in the law of Moses, "You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain." Is it oxen God is concerned about?
10 Or does He say it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written, that he who plows should plow in hope, and he who threshes in hope should be partaker of his hope.
11 If we have sown spiritual things for you, is it a great thing if we reap your material things?
12 If others are partakers of this right over you, are we not even more? Nevertheless we have not used this right, but endure all things lest we hinder the gospel of Christ.
Rom 15:26-28
26 For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem.
27 It pleased them indeed, and they are their debtors. For if the Gentiles have been partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister to them in material things.
28 Therefore, when I have performed this and have sealed to them this fruit, I shall go by way of you to Spain.
1Thes 2:9-13
9 For you remember, brethren, our labor and toil; for laboring night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, we preached to you the gospel of God.
10 You are witnesses, and God also, how devoutly and justly and blamelessly we behaved ourselves among you who believe;
11 as you know how we exhorted, and comforted, and charged every one of you, as a father does his own children,
12 that you would walk worthy of God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory.
13 For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.
II Th 3:7-9
7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow us, for we were not disorderly among you;
8 nor did we eat anyone's bread free of charge, but worked with labor and toil night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you,
9 not because we do not have authority, but to make ourselves an example of how you should follow us.
Luke 11:42-44
42 "But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass by justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
43 "Woe to you Pharisees! For you love the best seats in the synagogues and greetings in the marketplaces.
44 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like graves which are not seen, and the men who walk over them are not aware of them."
Matt 23:23-24
23 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
24 "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
(NKJ)

XXX Paul refused to accept tithing and offerings. He knew that would eventually turn into greed. To many now days base their success as a christian on the god of money.Money becomes their messureing rod.

Matt 10:8
8 "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
(NKJ)

1 Tim 3:2-3
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach;
3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous;
(NKJ)

1 Tim 3:8-9
8 Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money,
9 holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience.
(NKJ)

Titus 1:7
7 For a bishop must be blameless, as a steward of God, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money,
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Do you tithe and go to Church Squeaky?

I said
I go to church where ever I am at. The definition of church.

Matt 18:20
20 "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."
(NKJ)

I don't tithe. I give but its always either 9% or 11% or what ever I have at the time. The Holy Spirit tells me.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I'm certain it's a "foreign concept" to you as well.

Except I do, as well as everyone else. It's a remarkably simple concept that Madists do not have the patent on. You all use it like a broken record, and don't 'divide' anything- you chop away. Don't like something in scripture? CHOP.
That's yall :rolleyes:

beameup

"chop"?

I believe Peter had you in mind:
As also in all Paul's epistles, speaking in them of these things;
in which are some things hard to be understood, which
they that are unlearned and unstable wrestle,
as they do also all the other scriptures,
unto their own destruction.
:burnlib: -- 2 Peter 3:15

marhig

Paul And Tithing

1Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?
2If I am not an apostle to others, yet doubtless I am to you. For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.
3My defense to those who examine me is this:
4Do we have no right to eat and drink?
5Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?
6Or is it only Barnabas and I who have no right to refrain from working?
7Who ever goes to war at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat of its fruit? Or who tends a flock and does not drink of the milk of the flock?
8Do I say these things as a mere man? Or does not the law say the same also?
9For it is written in the law of Moses, "You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain." Is it oxen God is concerned about?
10Or does He say it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written, that he who plows should plow in hope, and he who threshes in hope should be partaker of his hope.
11If we have sown spiritual things for you, is it a great thing if we reap your material things?
12If others are partakers of this right over you, are we not even more? Nevertheless we have not used this right, but endure all things lest we hinder the gospel of Christ.
26For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem.
27It pleased them indeed, and they are their debtors. For if the Gentiles have been partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister to them in material things.
28Therefore, when I have performed this and have sealed to them this fruit, I shall go by way of you to Spain.
9For you remember, brethren, our labor and toil; for laboring night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, we preached to you the gospel of God.
10You are witnesses, and God also, how devoutly and justly and blamelessly we behaved ourselves among you who believe;
11as you know how we exhorted, and comforted, and charged every one of you, as a father does his own children,
12that you would walk worthy of God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory.
13For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.
7For you yourselves know how you ought to follow us, for we were not disorderly among you;
8nor did we eat anyone's bread free of charge, but worked with labor and toil night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you,
9not because we do not have authority, but to make ourselves an example of how you should follow us.
42"But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass by justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
43"Woe to you Pharisees! For you love the best seats in the synagogues and greetings in the marketplaces.
44"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like graves which are not seen, and the men who walk over them are not aware of them."
23"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
24"Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
(NKJ)

XXX Paul refused to accept tithing and offerings. He knew that would eventually turn into greed. To many now days base their success as a christian on the god of money.Money becomes their messureing rod.

8"Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
(NKJ)

2A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach;
3not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous;
(NKJ)

8Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money,
9holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience.
(NKJ)

7For a bishop must be blameless, as a steward of God, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money,
(NKJ)

Yes, the God of money is a curse.

The love of money is the root of all evil. And we can't serve God and mammon, money has nothing to do with God, Jesus had asked for a coin and he asked who's superscription was on it, it was Caesar. He said give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar and what belongs to God give it to God. Wealth, money and power belong this world and the father of it. Love belongs to God, and he wants our heart to love him, Satan offered Jesus all the kingdoms of this world, but Jesus wasn't interested, he was more interested in pleasing God and doing his will, he came into this world poor, born in a stable and left this world poor. Money, material wealth and the things of this world mean't nothing to him. And so it will be for those who truly follow him and belong to God. They will be in the world but they won't belong to it, they will belong to God.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I think the concept of "rightly dividing" is not yet comprehended by Squeek.

I said
Your the one that doesn't have it right. The Holy Spirit is the only one who can rightly divide the Word. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
"chop"?

I believe Peter had you in mind:
As also in all Paul's epistles, speaking in them of these things;
in which are some things hard to be understood, which
they that are unlearned and unstable wrestle,
as they do also all the other scriptures,
unto their own destruction.
:burnlib: -- 2 Peter 3:15

I consider all the great historical theologians from Augustine to Calvin to be much more learned and stable then all of you combined :wave2:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I'm certain it's a "foreign concept" to you as well.

I said
And the only way you can show yourself approved is by demonstrating the Spirit. You cant rightly divide the Word using human wisdom. Like you do.

1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes, the God of money is a curse.

The love of money is the root of all evil. And we can't serve God and mammon, money has nothing to do with God, Jesus had asked for a coin and he asked who's superscription was on it, it was Caesar. He said give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar and what belongs to God give it to God. Wealth, money and power belong this world and the father of it. Love belongs to God, and he wants our heart to love him, Satan offered Jesus all the kingdoms of this world, but Jesus wasn't interested, he was more interested in pleasing God and doing his will, he came into this world poor, born in a stable and left this world poor. Money, material wealth and the things of this world mean't nothing to him. And so it will be for those who truly follow him and belong to God. They will be in the world but they won't belong to it, they will belong to God.

I said
Good.

beameup

I said
And the only way you can show yourself approved is by demonstrating the Spirit. You cant rightly divide the Word using human wisdom. Like you do.

I'm sure that "the spirit" revealed to you the "blender method" of handling Scripture.
You just grab a verse here, there, and anywhere...throw them in the "blender" and Voilà you have your answer!

Last edited:

beameup

I consider all the great historical theologians from Augustine to Calvin to be much more learned and stable then all of you combined :wave2:

I consider the great heretics, from Augustine to Calvin, to be unlearned and unstable...I'll stick with the EARLY CHURCH FATHERS up until about 200 A.D.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I consider the great heretics, from Augustine to Calvin, to be unlearned and unstable...I'll stick with the EARLY CHURCH FATHERS up until about 200 A.D.

You all act like theological succession simply went dark for, let's see according to you- 1600 years- before reemerging again in the 1800's. But the reality is that there was never no long break between then and now- the big thing that happened was that the Catholic Church slowly went off the rails through the Middle Ages, which was cause for the Reformation in the Late Ages.
In fact, Charlemagne is the designated time in which the Reformists concluded the start of the Church's downfall.

Like I've stated, a thorough history lesson is the cure for your MADness :wave2:

beameup

You all act like theological succession simply went dark for, let's see according to you- 1600 years- before reemerging again in the 1800's. But the reality is that there was never no long break between then and now- the big thing that happened was that the Catholic Church slowly went off the rails through the Middle Ages, which was cause for the Reformation in the Late Ages.

Augustine and Constantine were "engineers" on the State-Church choo-choo train when it "went off the rails". Origen was in the caboose.

COGTHW

Paul And Tithing

1Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?
2If I am not an apostle to others, yet doubtless I am to you. For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.
3My defense to those who examine me is this:
4Do we have no right to eat and drink?
5Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?
6Or is it only Barnabas and I who have no right to refrain from working?
7Who ever goes to war at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat of its fruit? Or who tends a flock and does not drink of the milk of the flock?
8Do I say these things as a mere man? Or does not the law say the same also?
9For it is written in the law of Moses, "You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain." Is it oxen God is concerned about?
10Or does He say it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written, that he who plows should plow in hope, and he who threshes in hope should be partaker of his hope.
11If we have sown spiritual things for you, is it a great thing if we reap your material things?
12If others are partakers of this right over you, are we not even more? Nevertheless we have not used this right, but endure all things lest we hinder the gospel of Christ.
26For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem.
27It pleased them indeed, and they are their debtors. For if the Gentiles have been partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister to them in material things.
28Therefore, when I have performed this and have sealed to them this fruit, I shall go by way of you to Spain.
9For you remember, brethren, our labor and toil; for laboring night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, we preached to you the gospel of God.
10You are witnesses, and God also, how devoutly and justly and blamelessly we behaved ourselves among you who believe;
11as you know how we exhorted, and comforted, and charged every one of you, as a father does his own children,
12that you would walk worthy of God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory.
13For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.
7For you yourselves know how you ought to follow us, for we were not disorderly among you;
8nor did we eat anyone's bread free of charge, but worked with labor and toil night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you,
9not because we do not have authority, but to make ourselves an example of how you should follow us.
42"But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass by justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
43"Woe to you Pharisees! For you love the best seats in the synagogues and greetings in the marketplaces.
44"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like graves which are not seen, and the men who walk over them are not aware of them."
23"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
24"Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
(NKJ)

8"Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
(NKJ)

2A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach;
3not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous;
(NKJ)

8Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money,
9holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience.
(NKJ)

7For a bishop must be blameless, as a steward of God, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money,
(NKJ)

I greet you brother in the name of Jesus Christ by Him was everything made and by His Spirit we have light and all understanding. Amen. Tithes are a requirement from and by God . ( backing you up brother ) Malachi 3: 6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. ; We praise God for it is His will that His church = building my continue by tithes and offerings. Hallelujah Jesus for your truth.? Amen.? Brother again I say Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL