Trump Has A Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClimateSanity

Changing the subject I see. Racist doesn't mean "I think everyone of X race is bad at everything". It means you assume someone has particular abilities or lack thereof based on their skin color.

Doser doesn't assume all blacks cannot swim . You don't have to think every black person you meet cannot swim to not hire them as lifeguard. You would be well within reason to not hire them if a high percentage of blacks cannot swim.

Alate_One

It doesn't make him a racist. Why hire someone from a race with a high percentage of people who cannot swim? Only after a person had proved himself capable of swimming, should he be concerned for hiring.
Do you think you'd hire a black person that couldn't swim? Would you not make the same demands of a white person that wanted to be a lifeguard? Obviously you'd want to see ANYONE you're hiring as a lifeguard has the necessary skills.

A high percentage of white men aren't nurses, does that mean you wouldn't hire a trained and qualified white man to be a nurse?

It's hard to believe the two of you are failing civility 101. You judge people as individuals, not as "races".

Alate_One

Doser doesn't assume all blacks cannot swim . You don't have to think every black person you meet cannot swim to not hire them as lifeguard. You would be well within reason to not hire them if a high percentage of blacks cannot swim.
Are you honestly this stupid? If a black person comes to you, shows you he can swim, at a sufficiently high level to be a lifeguard. Would you still not hire him because lots of other black people can't swim?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Changing the subject I see.

defining the terms you're using is changing the subject? :freak:

ummm - no

ala teoni said:
Racist...means you assume someone has particular abilities or lack thereof based on their skin color.

and if those assumptions are based on fact?

for example - do a quick google image search on "olympic swimmers" and tell me how many of them are black

Alate_One

No, that's what you libs do. You don't like the electoral numbers and are wishing them away. :chuckle:

No wishing needed.
Screen-Shot-2016-11-25-at-5.21.19-PM.png
As of the end of November, it's closer to 3 million now.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
C Racist doesn't mean "I think everyone of X race is bad at everything". It means you assume someone has particular abilities or lack thereof based on their skin color.

You are on the wrong side of the debate you nitwit. This is the right wing version. For example, you and other liberals see things through a race filter. You are racist.

Quincy

They're not all racists, but quite a few are. But the election not a mandate in the traditional sense. Trump only got 46% of the vote anyway. And even the votes he got, polls show, don't want him to do a lot of what he is already doing. So there's that.

Obama's election in 2012 was a mandate yet there was resistance to that. Do you expect people will not resist when there isn't a mandate for Trump?

I do believe, even count on people resisting. I think there's several Republicans who will resist him. Sen. Paul, McCain and a few others will be a tough challenge for him. I also don't think he has a mandate, nationwide but for some regions, the people there do believe that he does. If that makes sense. Which is why I think the last stretch of his campaign helped him more than Hillary's mistakes did. He had to take this region in order to win. You should have witnessed it, whether it was TV, radio or internet there were so many ads here from local or state political groups taking things she said out of context and framing it in a way that sold Trump as someone who would fix things. People in this region genuinely believe that he will fix everything from the ACA to the decline of coal. Which, the article you posted seems to verify. I'm only saying that he has a perceived mandate, to people in some regions.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
for example - do a quick google image search on "olympic swimmers" and tell me how many of them are black

Check....the last 40 years of the Olympics and see how many times a white man has won the 100 meter dash. And for the record, there are some really fast white people, that can also jump high. And some tell me they have no interest in track and field. Although when I bumped into Tim Dwight in Kuwait who was signing for the troops, I asked if he can still run and is fast. He acknowledged in the affirmative.

ClimateSanity

Do you think you'd hire a black person that couldn't swim? Would you not make the same demands of a white person that wanted to be a lifeguard? Obviously you'd want to see ANYONE you're hiring as a lifeguard has the necessary skills.

A high percentage of white men aren't nurses, does that mean you wouldn't hire a trained and qualified white man to be a nurse?

It's hard to believe the two of you are failing civility 101. You judge people as individuals, not as "races".

I would not hire a white person who could not swim either. The point is that you cannot make non discriminatory choices without further information if the only information you have is data on a group of people.

I will always hire a white person over a black for lifeguard unless they have been certified as swimmers.

There is not any data out there suggesting white men have a long history of being horrible nurses. Their small numbers are due to other factors other than ability.

There is data out there suggesting black men cannot swim. This justifies my reluctance to hire them as lifeguard.

ClimateSanity

Check....the last 40 years of the Olympics and see how many times a white man has won the 100 meter dash. And for the record, there are some really fast white people, that can also jump high. And some tell me they have no interest in track and field. Although when I bumped into Tim Dwight in Kuwait who was signing for the troops, I asked if he can still run and is fast. He acknowledged in the affirmative.

There is no denying that whites are less suited for 100 meter dash than blacks. This is just fact...not racist.

Arthur Brain

It doesn't make him a racist. Why hire someone from a race with a high percentage of people who cannot swim? Only after a person had proved himself capable of swimming, should he be concerned for hiring.

Um, because the person in question is eminently qualified for the job? If you're going to dismiss a black person from the position simply because you think he's likely unable to swim then that's as racist as it is ignorant, though of course the two usually go hand in hand.

Alate_One

defining the terms you're using is changing the subject? :freak:

ummm - no

and if those assumptions are based on fact?

We're not asking about olympic swimmers, we're talking about hiring lifeguards. Who gets to the olympics is a lot less about raw talent than money and access anyway. Historically, black people were excluded from public pools because whites didn't want them there. There are fewer pools in inner cities.

This is a famous image from 1964, the hotel manager dumped acid into the pool to try and get an interracial family swimming together to leave the pool.
Motel-manager-pouring-acid-in-the-water-when-black-people-swam-in-his-pool-small.jpg

I can do a google search of nurses and find almost all of them are female. Do you think that means men are bad nurses?

I can see that there aren't many white sumo wrestlers.

Perhaps you need to understand that correlation does not equal causation.

Quincy

I will always hire a white person over a black for lifeguard unless they have been certified as swimmers.

why?

There is data out there suggesting black men cannot swim.

Oh, wait wut? You know, I lived in Canada for many years and it was freezing cold there for 7, sometimes 8 months out of the year........

and there were lots of black people, contrary to the stereotype you always hear. Are you sure your information is legitimate?

Arthur Brain

why?

Oh, wait wut? You know, I lived in Canada for many years and it was freezing cold there for 7, sometimes 8 months out of the year........

and there were lots of black people, contrary to the stereotype you always hear. Are you sure your information is legitimate?

Also, why would anyone apply for a position of lifeguard if they can't actually swim?

:freak:

Maybe CS just thinks that a black man would go for such a job as a joke?

:idunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.