What God Requires For Our Salvation

Robert Pate

Banned
Before anyone can be saved God requires two things from us.

1. God requires a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. This life must be pure and without sin from our birth.

2. God requires a perfect sacrifice for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

This is the plight of fallen man, he doesn't have it to offer because he is born into sin, Psalm 51:5. He is born a sinner and lives his whole life as a sinner, This is why Paul wrote, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

No one can say that they are righteous from birth, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

God does not predestinate fallen sinners to eternal life (Calvinism), nor does God accept the works and the obedience of sinners to eternal life (Catholicism).

No one will enter into eternal life that does not posses the righteousness of Christ, nor will anyone enter into eternal life that God does not see as perfect and complete "In Christ". Before God accepts anyone into eternal life they must be justified and seen as perfect "In Christ".

This is why Paul wrote, "That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

What does God require for our salvation? God requires perfection. This is why God must see us as perfect and complete "In Christ". When we stand before God in the Judgment, God will see us in Christ. If you are not "In Christ" you will perish. You will be like the man that arrived at the wedding without a wedding garment on and was cast out into outer darkness, where there was weeping and gnashing of teeth, Matthew 22:11-13. You must be clothed in the righteousness of Christ or you will perish.

How is one found to be "In Christ?" By simple child like faith in Christ and his Gospel. It is not the Gospel plus your religion. It is the Gospel plus NOTHING. The work of salvation has already been done, all that we are called to do is accept it and believe it. When you are able to trust in Christ alone, God will give you his Holy Spirit, which is his mark of ownership.

beloved57

Pates false statement
How is one found to be "In Christ?" By simple child like faith in Christ and his Gospel. It is not the Gospel plus your religion. It is the Gospel plus NOTHING. The work of salvation has already been done, all that we are called to do is accept it and believe it

False statements, promoting salvation by works, by what a person does. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies rejecting God and hating God, because of Christ death Rom 5:10. They were in a right relationship, justified by God, while they hated God.

Robert Pate

Banned
I don't believe we need to live a life of perfect obedience to be saved in Christ. On the contrary I believe that Jesus is coming to call the sinner exclusively. Perhaps it's more of a mindset or understanding you need to have to be able to approach Christ. Only those in need of a doctor go and visit.

You apparently did not read the whole post or you think that God is the minister of sin.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pates false statement

False statements, promoting salvation by works, by what a person does. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies rejecting God and hating God, because of Christ death Rom 5:10. They were in a right relationship, justified by God, while they hated God.

You keep quoting Romans 5:10. Thinking and hoping that God will accept Christ rejecters and enemies into heaven.

WeberHome

-
Babies are not born sinners, that's perverted.

We all know from experience that little children are dishonest. That's one thing nobody has to teach kids how to do because dishonesty comes quite natural to them.

Ps 58:3 . . Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies.

Infants of course are incapable of dishonesty right away because they don't have any language skills at first. But the proclivity to dishonesty is within them and it's only a matter of time before it begins to bloom.

/

Robert Pate

Banned
-

We all know from experience that little children are dishonest. That's one thing nobody has to teach kids how to do because dishonesty comes quite natural to them.

Ps 58:3 . . Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies.

Infants of course are incapable of dishonesty right away because they don't have any language skills at first. But the proclivity to dishonesty is within them and it's only a matter of time before it begins to bloom.

/

When Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10 That included children.

Robert Pate

Banned
Romans 5:10 condemns all false teaching like yours !

You are under the misconception that some scriptures cancel out other scriptures.

You have not been reconciled to God until you receive the offer to be reconciled. This is why Paul said, "We pray you in Christ's stead be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:20.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Belief that Christ is who He said He is.

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

WeberHome

-
And we all know that a boy is not accountable for sin until he is fourteen years old.

It isn't necessary to commit a sin in order to be accounted a sinner. Take for example 1John 3:15

"Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer"

In other words: it isn't necessary to actually kill your brother in order to be accounted a murderer. It's only necessary to have the heart of a murder.

For example: African lions are predators. Now; if one of those lions never once in its entire life ate meat of any kind, it would still be a predator because African lions have the heart of a predator. In other words: their base nature ultimately defines what they are rather than their behavior.

You too. Whether you allow your base nature to dictate your behavior makes no difference. If you have the nature of a murderer, you fall into the murderer category.

There have been times when I wished someone would die and/or wished that I were at liberty to kill them myself. Why do I have those kinds of thoughts? Because I have the heart of a murderer.

"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. (Matt 15:19)

Now, according to Ps 58:3, children are born with a liar's heart. That alone categorizes them as a liar before they're even old enough to tell their very first lie.

At John 3:3-8 Christ testified that nobody is getting into the kingdom of God till they first undergo a special kind of birth. When he uses words like "nobody" I think it's safe to assume he means infants as well as adults: no exceptions.

/

beloved57

You are under the misconception that some scriptures cancel out other scriptures.

You have not been reconciled to God until you receive the offer to be reconciled. This is why Paul said, "We pray you in Christ's stead be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:20.

Lying. Scripture plainly states that they were reconciled to God while being enemies Rom 5:10. That condemns all work salvation like yours !

Robert Pate

Banned
Lying. Scripture plainly states that they were reconciled to God while being enemies Rom 5:10. That condemns all work salvation like yours !

Correct interpretation of Romans 5:10

"For if WHEN we were enemies". Is past tense. It means before we were saved we were enemies of God.

"We were reconciled to God by the death of his Son". This also fits with... "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us".

"Much more being reconciled" Is present tense. It means that we have ALREADY been reconciled to God.

"We shall be saved by his life" This tells us how we have been reconciled unto God. When God accepted the sinless life of Christ, we were accepted in him.

We are saved by the life, death and the resurrection of Jesus. Jesus acceptance into heaven is our acceptance.

beloved57

Correct interpretation of Romans 5:10

"For if WHEN we were enemies". Is past tense. It means before we were saved we were enemies of God.

"We were reconciled to God by the death of his Son". This also fits with... "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us".

"Much more being reconciled" Is present tense. It means that we have ALREADY been reconciled to God.

"We shall be saved by his life" This tells us how we have been reconciled unto God. When God accepted the sinless life of Christ, we were accepted in him.

We are saved by the life, death and the resurrection of Jesus. Jesus acceptance into heaven is our acceptance.

False statements. Those Christ died for were reconciled to God while they were enemies. Rom 5:10. Christ death put them in a right relationship with God while they were enemies hating God.

Robert Pate

Banned
False statements. Those Christ died for were reconciled to God while they were enemies. Rom 5:10. Christ death put them in a right relationship with God while they were enemies hating God.

The scripture says "FOR IF WHEN" Past tense. This is why you are so screwed up. You don't know how to interpret scripture.

beloved57

The scripture says "FOR IF WHEN" Past tense. This is why you are so screwed up. You don't know how to interpret scripture.

You can't wrest scripture with me, I have studied the verse, and posted it here. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies hating God. Rom 5:10! This verse condemns false religions like yours.

Robert Pate

Banned
You can't wrest scripture with me, I have studied the verse, and posted it here. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies hating God. Rom 5:10! This verse condemns false religions like yours.

You are a hopeless case. You change scripture to say what you want it to say.

You are not able to accept correction. Why don't you throw your Bible in the trash, you don't believe it?