ECT water baptism

whitestone

In Matthew Jesus sent the Apostles to the nations not just to Israel.

Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

"block that kick,block that kick",,,lol that’s a punt if I ever saw one,,,

why did Peter think they(gentiles) needed to fulfil an Jewish rite and the turn around and throw it into the letter they wrote in Acts 15 "abstain from things strangled,drinking blood ect.,,,oh yea,and follow the law and be washed because we decided no man can forbid them water"

Seems like a 180degre turn from the statement in Acts 15:24 KJV 's statement that "certain went out from us" and "fulfil the law"...

DAN P

"block that kick,block that kick",,,lol that’s a punt if I ever saw one,,,

why did Peter think they(gentiles) needed to fulfil an Jewish rite and the turn around and throw it into the letter they wrote in Acts 15 "abstain from things strangled,drinking blood ect.,,,oh yea,and follow the law and be washed because we decided no man can forbid them water"

Seems like a 180degre turn from the statement in Acts 15:24 KJV 's statement that "certain went out from us" and "fulfil the law"...

Hi and does not know HOW to Punt and does not know what the Greek word ETHNOS / NATION means , so I just returned his fumble and scored a Touch down !!

The Greek word NATIONS / ETHNOS has many meaning and can be TRANSLITERED by the following English words , like :::

Race
Gentile
Heathen
Jewish nation , how about that , so do you want a verse ??

Well here it is in John 11:48 , 50 and 51 !!

Just try to FIT the word NATION or GENTILES in John 11:48 , 50 and 51 and see how it sound and reads !!

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
1. NO one can earn their salvation.

2. Salvation is provided through and by Jesus.

3. God requires repentance. You don't repent you are not saved . It really is that simple.

4. Salvation is a gift from God when we place our faith in HIS finished work.

5.You cannot ignore what scripture teaches twist Paul's teachings from scripture and do as you please. Like it or not God requires repentance and faith to receive GRACE. You don't repent and have faith you will not receive GRACE from God you will receive WRATH and that is what scripture teaches.

MAD is truly MEN ADVOCATING DECEPTION.
The wild religious zealot does not even respond to what people write!
He just goes off on diatribe.
Baptizo does not mean water.

SimpleMan77

Actually "Baptizo" essentially means "to wash by submersion in water". The fact that it is used symbolically doesn't change the definition.

In common language, it would be said "I baptizo my hands before dinner", or "I baptizo the dishes before setting the table".

It definitely is used symbolically at times, but that doesn't affect its natural definition.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

DAN P

Actually "Baptizo" essentially means "to wash by submersion in water". The fact that it is used symbolically doesn't change the definition.

In common language, it would be said "I baptizo my hands before dinner", or "I baptizo the dishes before setting the table".

It definitely is used symbolically at times, but that doesn't affect its natural definition.

Hi and if that is true , then tells us what Heb 9:10 means " divers Washing " means ??

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
1Pe 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
1Pe 2:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

Jud 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
Jud 1:2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

DAN P

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
1Pe 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
1Pe 2:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

Jud 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
Jud 1:2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Hi and you posted yourself IN Heb 6:1 to LEAVE the teaching of Christ and verse also means BAPTIZO !!

Good post on Heb 6:1 and 2 !!

dan p

dodge

Typical religious zealot, don't even READ what people post.

YOU said that baptizo ALWAYS means WATER. Look at the TEXT of the VERSES that I quoted.

FOUR baptizo's and NO WATER.... it was a baptizo of DEATH!

Well duh ! Did they end up a little dead are all the way dead ? Same with water baptism do you get a little wet or immersed ?

YOU made my point for me ! Thanks.

dodge

I was helping my 7 year old grand daughter with her home work, which is much more edifying than trying to get those walking in the flesh ( MAD ) to see the meaning of scripture instead of following Darby and other deceived folks.

whitestone

well then lets just all agree on a happy medium and say that it means we take a pot of water and stick our right hands in it and then take it out and sprinkle water on our left hands,then their all washed and clean ...then the meat as to whether it is fulfilment of the law...

dodge

well then lets just all agree on a happy medium and say that it means we take a pot of water and stick our right hands in it and then take it out and sprinkle water on our left hands,then their all washed and clean ...then the meat as to whether it is fulfilment of the law...

lol, That is not how they bury folks. They do not just throw a little dirt on them and call it buried. No they dig a hole and put their body in the hole and then completely cover the dead person. Like scripture describes baptism.

Is believing in the Lord Jesus ( faith ) an act of work i.e fulfilling the law ? IS repentance as commanded by God an act of work ? Nope.

WHat you have is not scriptural !

Last edited:

whitestone

lol, That is not how they bury folks. They do not just thrwn a little dirt on them and call it buried. No they dig a hole and put their body in the hole and then completely cover the dead person. Like scripture describes baptism.

Is believing in the Lord Jesus ( faith ) an act of work i.e fulfilling the law ? IS repentance as commanded by God an act of work ? Nope.

WHat you have is not scriptural !

before that first man who required an saviour to save him,Adam and me and you came that very saviour,my lord Colossians 1:15-18 KJV salvation is an gift,not an afterthought...

SimpleMan77

water baptism

[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] : Consider this... if Paul was as actively opposed to the works of faith (obedience) as some insist he was, he would have ran as far as he could away from water baptism, knowing the tendency of human nature to affix a high value on anything that was that closely connected with conversion.

Instead, you find him baptizing some, and having others baptized by his assistants. The Bible doesn't record the details of what was taught the night of the earthquake, but something Paul and Silas said convinced the jailer that baptism was so important that paul had him baptized between midnight and dawn.

Paul was a lion-heart. Anyone who would rebuke Peter to his face for sliding back into his law-habits would not hesitate to stand loudly and proudly for truth, as evidenced by him charging on full-speed in the face of prophecies about his ultimate incarceration and death.

Paul promoted baptism for both Jews, Gentiles, and re-baptism for those who had not been baptized in the name of Jesus.

Last edited:

SimpleMan77

SimpleMan77, consider this .....
I'm not one that insists Paul was opposed to good works.
You will have to battle your strawman alone.

So your comfortable with the scripture stating that the brother who started fornicating needed to repent and turn from his fornication so that he could be saved?

Are you comfortable with accepting that baptism was instructed as part of the obedience required to obey the Gospel (it always accompanied conversions in the Book of Acts, both under Paul's ministry and Peter's)?

turbosixx

Actually the reason they do it is because they want so desperately to prove that no obedience is required in order to be saved, and no amount of disobedience can amount to walking away from God (i.e. being lost).

It makes living for God a matter of thinking the thought "I believe", after which time you can live any way you wish. It totally "turns the grace of God into lasciviousness (license to sin)", but of course that scripture was written by Jude, therefore only being applicable to Jews in their view.

They turn any obedience to God into a "work to earn salvation" so they can convince themselves that anything that is easy on their flesh is perfectly ok, and anything that is a "living sacrifice" is poison (lest we try to earn God's grace).

If course they have to also twist Paul's words because he says a lot that doesn't agree with their doctrine, but they are ok with that I guess.

I hate to put it that bluntly, but it is the truth

Excellent summation.

Right Divider

Body part
Actually "Baptizo" essentially means "to wash by submersion in water".
NO, essentially it does not. This is why some of you are so confused. You have bogus definitions that you use do support that story.

The fact that it is used symbolically doesn't change the definition.
WATER baptism ITSELF is SYMBOLIC.

There are SEVERAL water baptisms in the law for the priesthood of Israel. This is why the Hebrews contains "doctrines of baptisms", plural.

Heb 6:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:1) Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, (6:2) Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

God gave Israel more than one water baptism.

That's cute.

Your "definition" is not the "natural definition".

Right Divider

Body part
Baptizo always means immersed in water. Nice try though.

Matt 20:22-23 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:22) But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. (20:23) And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but [it shall be given to them] for whom it is prepared of my Father.

There is NO water in those baptizo's
You're so wise in your own eyes ... and impervious to FACTS and the TRUTH.