Christ is the end of the law (religion) for righteousness...

Robert Pate

Banned
"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.

The reason that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness is because he fulfilled it then he abolished it.

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in the ordinances" Ephesians 2:15.

"Blotting out the handwriting of the ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us , and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross" Colossians 2:14.

"For as Many as are of the works of the law are under a curse" Galatians 3:10.

"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God" Galatians 3:11.

The words law and religion mean the same thing. When one is doing their religion they are doing the law. When one is doing the law they are doing their religion. The law covers every facet of ones life. The Jews took the commandments and the ordinances and came up with over 600 rules for holy living which they called the Torah. Jesus condemned them for doing that.

Paul said the Galatians that wanted to live by the law, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law DO YOU NOT HEAR THE LAW?" Galatians 4:21. The law demands perfection. James said that if you fail in one point of the law you have failed the whole thing, James 2:10. Those that want to live according to the law and the commandments believe that they can please God by their obedience and their works. This kind of thinking is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. We are saved by being "In Christ". In the judgment if you are not found to be "In Christ" you will perish. To be "In Christ" means that you are trusting in his righteousness and in his atonement for your sins and not in your doctrine or your religion.

genuineoriginal

Ephesians 2:11-16
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:​

It is the enmity between Jews and Gentiles that was abolished.

Any enmity against the Law is enmity against the giver of that Law, God Himself.

Robert Pate

Banned

Ephesians 2:11-16
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:​

It is the enmity between Jews and Gentiles that was abolished.

Any enmity against the Law is enmity against the giver of that Law, God Himself.

It doesn't say that. What it says is that the law was abolished.

genuineoriginal

It doesn't say that. What it says is that the law was abolished.
You need to go back to school.

zoolander6.jpg

0:4.

The reason that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness is because he fulfilled it then he abolished it.

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in the ordinances" Ephesians 2:15.

n.

i wonder what Bible you use? or should i say "what bible you use" because something about these psgs you site doesn't sound exactly right. I will try to check them in my own Bible, but putting all that aside 4 now

Why do you always address this issue of religion? Ever wondered about the psychology behind that? Why do you spend your time trying to destroy what u derisively call Religion??

hmmmm... I wonder what your Rorschach test results look like... hmmmm

:think:

Robert Pate

Banned

i wonder what Bible you use? or should i say "what bible you use" because something about these psgs you site doesn't sound exactly right. I will try to check them in my own Bible, but putting all that aside 4 now

Why do you always address this issue of religion? Ever wondered about the psychology behind that? Why do you spend your time trying to destroy what u derisively call Religion??

hmmmm... I wonder what your Rorschach test results look like... hmmmm

:think:

Religion is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ.

I love the Gospel because it is the Gospel that saved me.

I will defend it until the day that I die.

Bociferous

But in another thread don't you note we're saved by what we believe? Does belief factor into eternal or temporal salvation?

CherubRam

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.

"Blotting out the handwriting of the ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us , and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross" Colossians 2:14.

"For as Many as are of the works of the law are under a curse" Galatians 3:10.

"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God" Galatians 3:11.

The words law and religion mean the same thing. When one is doing their religion they are doing the law. When one is doing the law they are doing their religion. The law covers every facet of ones life. The Jews took the commandments and the ordinances and came up with over 600 rules for holy living which they called the Torah. Jesus condemned them for doing that.

Paul said the Galatians that wanted to live by the law, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law DO YOU NOT HEAR THE LAW?" Galatians 4:21. The law demands perfection. James said that if you fail in one point of the law you have failed the whole thing, James 2:10. Those that want to live according to the law and the commandments believe that they can please God by their obedience and their works. This kind of thinking is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. We are saved by being "In Christ". In the judgment if you are not found to be "In Christ" you will perish. To be "In Christ" means that you are trusting in his righteousness and in his atonement for your sins and not in your doctrine or your religion.

[FONT=&quot]Enmity means "hostility."[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Romans 8:7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[h=1][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Romans 10:4 NIV[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Christ is the [/FONT][FONT=&quot](culmination / fulfillment)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.[/FONT][/h] [FONT=&quot]
Ephesians 2:15
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Ephesians 2:16
And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

James 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hostility towards the laws of God is what has been abolished.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Christians often refer to Ephesians 2:15 in the N.I.V. as proof that the commandments have been done away with.

Ephesians 2:15 N.I.V.: by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations.

Ephesians 2:15 King James. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Note:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The word [enmity] in the K.J. means hostility.

(Ephesians 2:15 (a modern translation.) by abolishing in his flesh the hostility of the law with its commandments and regulations.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:17: Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

genuineoriginal

Hostility towards the laws of God is what has been abolished.

Christians often refer to Ephesians 2:15 in the N.I.V. as proof that the commandments have been done away with.

Ephesians 2:15 N.I.V.: by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations.

Ephesians 2:15 King James. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;.

Note: The word [enmity] in the K.J. means hostility.
Too many people stop there, as if Paul was not known for making many side remarks before getting to the point.

The point is "for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;" which shows that the enmity is between the two groups of people, Jews and Gentiles, not between man and the commandments.

Robert Pate

Banned
[FONT="]Enmity means "hostility."[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]
[B]Romans 8:7[/B]Because the carnal mind is [B]enmity[/B] against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="] [/FONT]
[h=1][FONT="][B]
[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="]Romans 10:4 NIV[/FONT][FONT="][B]
[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="]4[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][/SUP][FONT="]Christ is the [/FONT][FONT="](culmination / fulfillment)[/FONT][FONT="] of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.[/FONT][/h] [FONT="]
[B]Ephesians 2:15[/B]
Having abolished in his flesh the [B]enmity[/B], even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

[B]Ephesians 2:16[/B]
And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the [B]enmity[/B] thereby:

[B]James 4:4[/B]
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is [B]enmity[/B] with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT="]Hostility towards the laws of God is what has been abolished.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT="]

Ephesians 2:15 King James. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;.[/FONT]
[FONT="]
[/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=black][FONT="]Note:[/FONT]
[/B][FONT="]The word [enmity] in the K.J. means hostility.

[B](Ephesians 2:15 (a modern translation.)[/B] by abolishing in his flesh the hostility of the law with its commandments and regulations.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:17: Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets...[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="][/FONT]

To be under the law is to be under condemnation.

This is why Jesus abolished the law. It is contrary to us, no one can keep it or do it.

"Blotting out the handwriting of the ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way , nailing it to his cross" Colossians 2:14.

keypurr

To be under the law is to be under condemnation.

This is why Jesus abolished the law. It is contrary to us, no one can keep it or do it.

"Blotting out the handwriting of the ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way , nailing it to his cross" Colossians 2:14.

Jesus NEVER abolished the Ten. The Law is written in our hearts and kept in the spirit.

The handwritten laws were abolished. The 600+

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
:thumb: Yes, Jesus had no authority to abolish his Father's commandments. That would have been rebellion.