Salvation Is Yours To Lose

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Is salvation universal in that The Lord Jesus Christ died for all and for all sin and all we need to do is hear, believe and trust.

Is salvation ours to lose by unbelief and/or denying Jesus Christ ? Listen to Paul 1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-15 KJV - Colossians 1:16-17 KJV - Colossians 1:18-19 KJV -

Colossians 1:20-21 KJV - Colossians 1:22-23 KJV - Colossians 1:25 KJV -

Romans 10:17 KJV - Romans 10:9-10 KJV - Romans 10:13 KJV -

Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13 KJV - Ephesians 1:14 KJV -

Robert Pate

Banned
Is salvation universal in that The Lord Jesus Christ died for all and for all sin and all we need to do is hear, believe and trust.

Is salvation ours to lose by unbelief and/or denying Jesus Christ ? Listen to Paul 1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-15 KJV - Colossians 1:16-17 KJV - Colossians 1:18-19 KJV -

Colossians 1:20-21 KJV - Colossians 1:22-23 KJV - Colossians 1:25 KJV -

Romans 10:17 KJV - Romans 10:9-10 KJV - Romans 10:13 KJV -

Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13 KJV - Ephesians 1:14 KJV -

Good post. The scriptures answer the question beyond a shadow of a doubt.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
To an extent I agree with your sentiment, PJ.

Reconciliation is universal, but salvation is conditional.
But isn't anyone that believes and trusts the Lord's work on the cross saved ? Isn't salvation extended to all as a free gift if we only accept ? That's why i said universal, simply meaning we are born saved unless we deny Christ and live in unbelief.

SaulToPaul 2

But isn't anyone that believes and trusts the Lord's work on the cross saved ? Isn't salvation extended to all as a free gift if we only accept ? That's why i said universal, simply meaning we are born saved unless we deny Christ and live in unbelief.

I wouldn't say we are born saved, but I also wouldn't say we are born lost.

1. Born and believes gospel-saved
2. Born and rejects gospel-lost
3. Born and never hears- I don't know

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I wouldn't say we are born saved, but I also wouldn't say we are born lost.

1. Born and believes gospel-saved
2. Born and rejects gospel-lost
3. Born and never hears- I don't know

Yeah, I've always questioned pastors and elders about those that never hear, I have to believe that they are given a chance. Because I believe that Jesus died for those isolated on a remote island or jungle, just like He did for me.

PureX

Salvation Is Yours To Lose?
If by "salvation" you mean "I get into heaven free!" card, then I think you may as well believe whatever you need to believe to give yourself some meaning and value. But if you mean "salvation" from yourself, in this realm of being (as opposed to some other) then I think we have to work for it. Probably all our lives, and even then we'll only be able to obtain a relative degree of transcendence. But what choice do we have besides just doing whatever we feel like even as that path tends to lead us into a horrible, painful, abyss?

Salvation in this life takes work. Salvation in the next is anyone's guess.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If by "salvation" you mean "I get into heaven free!" card, then I think you may as well believe whatever you need to believe to give yourself some meaning and value. But if you mean "salvation" from yourself, in this realm of being (as opposed to some other) then I think we have to work for it. Probably all our lives, and even then we'll only be able to obtain a relative degree of transcendence. But what choice do we have besides just doing whatever we feel like even as that path tends to lead us into a horrible, painful, abyss?

Salvation in this life takes work. Salvation in the next is anyone's guess.

You are saved and sealed by the Holy Spirit who is God, by hearing believing and trusting God. It's very clear in the Bible, it's not anyone's guess. It is salvation in this life and the next, salvation that cannot be lost.

Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV -