ECT As Son of God, Jesus reveals what God is like . .

Cross Reference

As Son of God, Jesus reveals what God is like (John 14:9 KJV); as Son of Man, He mirrors what the human race will be like on the basis of Redemption __ a perfect oneness between God and man “Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:” “That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him”. “For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.” (Ephesians 4:13: Ephesians 1:10 KJV; Hebrews 2:10 (KJV)

Jesus, His oneness of His flesh with the Father could not but reveal what man was intended to be from the beginning and will become because matured allegiance. The consummate Man..

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 (KJV)

Jesus lived by the very Faith of the Son of God.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 (KJV)

Jesus lived by the very Faith of the Word of God.

Bradley D

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us...(John 1:14).

Jesus was the Word/Logos of God. We are to have faith in Jesus.

Cross Reference

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us...(John 1:14).

Jesus was the Word/Logos of God. We are to have faith in Jesus.

Indeed, Jesus was the Word of God and then He emptied Himself, became flesh and lived His life by the Life of the indwelling Word He was given to protect throughout His human experience.. Guess what? He succeeded!

Bradley D

Jesus was still the Word of God in the flesh. He humbled Himself by becoming flesh. Even more by being born in humble settings. And by dying a death of humiliation as we deserve.

Cross Reference

Jesus was still the Word of God in the flesh. He humbled Himself by becoming flesh.

That is true. The Word of The Godhead Who submitted Himself to the Will of God, entrusted Himself to human flesh, a body prepared for Him, that when the testing/proving was over Jesus, the man, would be glorified and the Word of the Godhead would forever remain, human but now Glorified, Flesh.

. . . and subjected himslf to every weakness of man. His weakness as man, constantly being influenced by the world around Him, was the reason He only did what He saw His Father doing. That is what learning the wways and means of the Father is all about, isn't it?

Even more by being born in humble settings.

Being born of heavenly conception was the only way into the world a sinless human being could ever enter into Adam's race to redeem it and be called "the Last Adam".. Being born of Adam's seed [Mary] was the human vehicle in which His human sinlessness could achieve the human mission He was given that only by protecting the Godhead, being emptied of it, could it be achieved:

"9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me."

Hebrews 2:9-13 (KJV)

And by dying a death of humiliation as we deserve.

You mean Adam deserved and you and I are part of his penalized vain posterity that when understanding comes we are to repent of it and by taking in His Life, learn [as He learned] to abide in Him.

As Son of God, Jesus revealed what God is like as son of man, who walked out His sonship in the Father.

Last edited:

Bradley D

. . . and subjected himslf to every weakness of man. His weakness as man, constantly being influenced by the world around Him, was the reason He only did what He saw His Father doing. That is what learning the wways and means of the Father is all about, isn't it?

Christ although having a body of flesh remained sinless. Christ was filled with and led by the Spirit. However, Christ coming in the flesh enabled us to have a high priest in heaven who understands our situation. What do you mean by "He only did what He saw His Father doing?" God the Father is in heaven. God sent Jesus to represent Him here on earth by teaching and being a perfect sacrifice.

You mean Adam deserved and you and I are part of his penalized vain posterity that when understanding comes we are to repent of it and by taking in His Life, learn [as He learned] to abide in Him.

Adam represents the sin of all human beings. "You shall be as gods" (Gen. 3:5). The temptation to be our own masters. Many want to enjoy worldly/fleshly things, ignore the word, and also want to go to heaven.

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet he did not sin" (Hebrews 4:15).

Cross Reference

Christ although having a body of flesh remained sinless. Christ was filled with and led by the Spirit. However, Christ coming in the flesh enabled us to have a high priest in heaven who understands our situation. What do you mean by "He only did what He saw His Father doing?" God the Father is in heaven. God sent Jesus to represent Him here on earth by teaching and being a perfect sacrifice.

Adam represents the sin of all human beings. "You shall be as gods" (Gen. 3:5). The temptation to be our own masters. Many want to enjoy worldly/fleshly things, ignore the word, and also want to go to heaven.

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet he did not sin" (Hebrews 4:15).

So what did I say you feel needs correcting? What part did I get wrong?

Bradley D

"He only did what He saw His Father doing"

I wanted to know what you meant by the above statement. I see it as Jesus only did what He saw God the Father doing. What are you referring to?

Cross Reference

I wanted to know what you meant by the above statement. I see it as Jesus only did what He saw God the Father doing. What are you referring to?

I agree and add that we are purposed to have the same relationship.

My question was from wondering if you agreed with my remarks or were attempting to bring correction or addition to them.

I do have a question though. If Jesus was God at this point in time, as tradition has it, how is it the scriptures say He only did what He saw His Father doing? How could Jesus be God yet have a lesser position in the Godhead at this point in time? This is no trick question but has a legitmate reasoning that I believe when understood, other parts of the gospel can be more easily understood for our benefit.

Bradley D

Jesus could only do what His Father guided Him to do. As for the Trinity and trying to create three Gods. I have a problem with that. The OT/First Commandment there is only one God. The Nicene Creed reads of Jesus being of "being of one substance with the Father." Jesus had the Spirit of God in Him unlike anyone has or ever will. God gave Jesus dominion over all believers.

In the end after Jesus has completed His God given mission as revealed in Revelation. Jesus will hand all back to God.

"Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power" (1 Cor. 15:24).

I agree that after the kingdom is handed back over to God than all Christians will be at one with God. Faith will become reality! And I believe that man was intended to be like that from the beginning. But man fell. Man fell because free will allowed him to rebel against God by wanting to be a god.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I agree and add that we are purposed to have the same relationship.

My question was from wondering if you agreed with my remarks or were attempting to bring correction or addition to them.

I do have a question though. If Jesus was God at this point in time, as tradition has it, how is it the scriptures say He only did what He saw His Father doing? How could Jesus be God yet have a lesser position in the Godhead at this point in time? This is no trick question but has a legitmate reasoning that I believe when understood, other parts of the gospel can be more easily understood for our benefit.

Jesus followed His Father's commands during His earthly ministry

Cross Reference

Jesus could only do what His Father guided Him to do.

Not quite right in your understanding: Jesus ONLY did what He saw His Father doing. If He was ever compelled it was because He loved His Father to the point He was in union with Him.

"For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren," Hebrews 2:10-11 (KJV)[/B] . . . And "Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;" Hebrews 5:8-9 (KJV) Jesus had to submit to the same kind of testings purposed for Adam.

As for the Trinity and trying to create three Gods. I have a problem with that. The OT/First Commandment there is only one God. The Nicene Creed reads of Jesus being of "being of one substance with the Father." Jesus had the Spirit of God in Him unlike anyone has or ever will. God gave Jesus dominion over all believers.

Easy with that accusation. Nothing I write and post should ever have you conclude I believe in 3 Gods. If you think I do, check yourself as to why you don't understand, "These three are One".

In the end after Jesus has completed His God given mission as revealed in Revelation. Jesus will hand all back to God.
"Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power" (1 Cor. 15:24).

And God will install the now Glorified Jesus Christ as Head over all:

". . . . . . and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever." Isaiah 9:6

When was Jesus Christ, while in His mission on earth, ever called by those titles?

"He planned for the maturity of the times and the climax of the ages to unify all things and head them up and consummate them in Christ, [both] things in heaven and things on the earth." Eph 1:10 (AMP)

"And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."[/I] Phil. 2:8-11 (KJV)

"I agree that after the kingdom is handed back over to God than all Christians will be at one with God. Faith will become reality! And I believe that man was intended to be like that from the beginning."

Indeed he was.
But man fell. Man fell because free will allowed him to rebel against God by wanting to be a god.

Not necessarily. How 'bout he just loved Eve more than He loved God to obey Him?

Here: "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:26-27 (KJV)

Can you see how that passage can apply to Adam and his relationship with God and why the test purposed to reveal his allegiance to Him?

Bradley D

Not necessarily. How 'bout he just loved Eve more than He loved God to obey Him?

Nothing really indicates that to me. I believe it was the serpents temptation of being a god.

Can you see how that passage can apply to Adam and his relationship with God and why the test purposed to reveal his allegiance to Him?

Although nothing explicitly says it was a test of God. God could have by allowed the serpent to tempt to test Adam and Eve. I

Cross Reference

Nothing really indicates that to me. I believe it was the serpents temptation of being a god.

Everything indicates it be that and no need for anything else from Satan. Adam loved his wife. Vanity, per Rom.8:20 KJV), was now an issue 'injected' into his human nature for him to deal with. God made the attraction between husband and wife a necessary emotion based upon love.. In his temptation-testing, having been given a command to obey, the issue of his love to Eve vs his love to God was presented Adam as a choice he now had to make. That is why this verse from Jesus:

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple."
Luke 14:26-27 (KJV)

Although nothing explicitly says it was a test of God. God could have by allowed the serpent to tempt to test Adam and Eve. I

Really?? You mean a command is never a test for obedience, show of allegiance/love?? What Bible you reading? You are or were a sailor who had to follow commands. Why?

Danoh

Seems like Cross Reference is doing just that - cross referencing an autobiography out of those passages :chuckle: