Could Hugh Hefner & Donald Trump Be Homosexual?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Women need to be infantilized, and their lies believed, to feel equal.
Nothing in that is true as a statement of anything other than your trolling thesis.

@Town Heretic seems to be about as confident as Bigfoot in a minefield.
I'm confident that you're trolling.

For those playing at home, Cruc has championed: misogyny, white nationalism, and the fetus as something other than a person.

That's the pattern. Do the math.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That makes sense.

Sure.

If a heterosexual man began to rape men, what would that mean?
That the rape is either completely about something other than sex or that the man was not, in fact, heterosexual.

So:
Why would a man who could have any number of willing sexual partners instead choose to have sex with an unwilling partner?

If sex is the thing itself that doesn't make sense.

If, however, he takes satisfaction on an emotional and mental level by coupling the purely physical gratification with something else, it begins to make a sad sort of sense.

If sex is serving that other thing first, so that he's willing to risk jail and personal humiliation along with the inevitable financial ruin, then that other thing demands more notice and discussion.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Desperation, obsessing over sex, etc. are not weak forces. A rapist is one whose desire overpowers their respect for consent, a serial rapist is one who has found it easy to do so.

It's that simple. Rapist rape because it's sex, if they wanted violence or dominance they could just mop the floor with a woman.
You missed the point I was making. There's what we do and why we do it. You can sate the impulse without violating the law. So if you choose instead to go that course something other than sex is driving the act.

Contrary to what many may think, money or fame doesn't give one a free selection on who they want as a sexual partner
It gives them a fairly large, fairly diverse and eager population. Now if a man says, "Yes, there's food here, but I'm hungry for caviar, or what that fellow is having" then it isn't hunger that guides him, though he may well be hungry.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You missed the point I was making. There's what we do and why we do it. You can sate the impulse without violating the law. So if you choose instead to go that course something other than sex is driving the act.

Makes you wonder why sexual sin exists at all, huh? Who knew adultery was an act of violence. Are pedophiles in it to 'dominate'? Have you ever seen one single episode of Dateline :AMR:

You're trying to downplay the extent that lust can go, and failing :wave2:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yeah, sure you do

i assume you're responding to this:

artie: Anyone who's been raped is a victim, but of course you know this.

me: yes artie, i do

yes, artie, i sure do

anybody who's been raped is a victim

now that we've gotten past that, how about answering my question?

can you tell which specific victims anna thought gj had forgotten?

glassjester

Do you find that so surprising, considering how many women know who their attacker is?

And the reason was that they wanted power?

(I take by your non-answer that you haven't talked to any women who've been raped.)

I have, but only one woman I knew actually spoke in a detailed way about it.
It's not like if someone brings something like that up, I would press them for more information.

So in the only anecdotal example I have, the man and woman were in the middle of consensual sex. She decided to stop because it became physically uncomfortable. He didn't want to stop, and continued for a few minutes until, well, you know.

So what was he after?
Power? Doesn't seem so.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
She decided to stop because it became physically uncomfortable.

He didn't want to stop

and continued

So what was he after?
Power? Doesn't seem so.

So who had the power and used the power to get what he wanted? He did. That you can't see that he used power to get what he wanted (at the expense of his partner, and on many different levels) is nothing short of disturbing.

I think our part of this conversation is finished. This is probably the second or third time (I think third) that I've told you I wasn't interested in carrying the conversation forward, so it isn't about the subject matter. I'm just finished.

glassjester

Dude, you just broke about 10000 irony meters right there...

*Cough* Beyonce *Cough*

:plain:

Like you have heaps of evidence for your claim about musical tastes being totally out of one's own control?

Maybe it deserves its own thread.
"Could Arthur Brain Ever Enjoy Beyonce's Music?"

Arthur Brain

Like you have heaps of evidence for your claim about musical tastes being totally out of one's own control?

Maybe it deserves its own thread.
"Could Arthur Brain Ever Enjoy Beyonce's Music?"

How much did you have for arrogantly insisting that I could 'choose' to find bland commercial pap enjoyable? None is what but it didn't stop you from maintaining such a self righteous position even though I went into detail as how it couldn't be and as to how it blatantly isn't a choice. You haven't even had a refutation to my last on that.

glassjester

How much did you have for arrogantly insisting that I could 'choose' to find bland commercial pap enjoyable? None is what but it didn't stop you from maintaining such a self righteous position even though I went into detail as how it couldn't be and as to how it blatantly isn't a choice. You haven't even had a refutation to my last on that.

Really, I do not remember our last exchange on that topic. Something about automatically liking a particular piece of music, maybe?

You'll notice I don't even bring it up, except in response to your own posts about it.
You seem to want to discuss this more.

Like I said, it may deserve it's own thread.

Start one, if you want.
I assure you, I'll participate fully.

Arthur Brain

Really, I do not remember our last exchange on that topic. Something about automatically liking a particular piece of music, maybe?

You'll notice I don't even bring it up, except in response to your own posts about it.
You seem to want to discuss this more.

Like I said, it may deserve it's own thread.

Start one, if you want.
I assure you, I'll participate fully.

Ok, I'll do just that...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not something other than sex. Something in addition to sex.

Asexuals don't rape people.
If it isn't sex it's other. Something other than sex is controlling and perverting the impulse--or even generating it. It can't reasonably be, "I want sex/and so I rape" because the latter isn't a reasonable extension of the other. The sexual impulse can be satisfied any number of ways, with willing partners or without. So what we're talking about with a rapist is something else.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Makes you wonder why sexual sin exists at all, huh?
No, it really doesn't. Why would you think that?

Who knew adultery was an act of violence.
EDIT: I misread earlier. Adultery isn't rape. Next.

Are pedophiles in it to 'dominate'?
A pedophile is just another sort of rapist. But I haven't reduced the "other" to one thing, though dominance is reasonably a part of it.

Have you ever seen one single episode of Dateline :AMR:
No. Have you ever read a book that was peer reviewed?

You're trying to downplay the extent that lust can go, and failing
You're trying to argue without arguing and judge what you can't apparently argue against.

Last edited: