Taxation Is Theft

Daniel1769

Not so, as shown in my link (which you obviously didn't read). Our forefathers were absolutely brilliant in designing the best form of government ever known to mankind (where rights come from God).

Think about this: Not even the two other institutions that God ordained for the governance of man (the Church and the family) are run by a "sole and absolute ruler".

Be grateful that you live in a representative constitutional republic where you can vote for God fearing men and women into various positions of government and tell them to take a hike if they don't live up to their campaign promises.

The founding fathers designed a government better than God? Why are you on a Christian forum?

Daniel1769

Because when the lesser of two evils is the most good that can be done, sitting there twiddling your thumbs makes you vain.

Do something about the debt, and maybe this country won't dissolve into globalization. It's worth the fat cats getting fatter rather than this world being the joke it's becoming in Europe.

Like the Bible says, pick the lesser evil because because evil is going to win anyway. Right?

Daniel1769

Unlike the freemarket system your money is pooled among a varity of goods and services, some of little concern to the average tax payer. Rather you'd prefer to cherry pick what to pay into and what to exclude. Social duties require all to contribute independe
nt of personal interest.

So you're okay with taking money, at gun point, from people who won't even use the thing you're funding. That's called theft. If you're okay with it, that's up to you. It's still theft.

Daniel1769

Did anyone ever notice that the amount collected in taxes has absolutely no bearing on how much money the government spends? They never say "we have X tax dollars so we can only spend X." The lie is that public projects are funded by taxes. They're funded by debt.

Further, if your ideas are so good, why do you need to force people to join them at gun point?

Notice the use of guns to collect taxes. If it' wasn't theft, they wouldn't use guns to get it. "Theft" may be too gentle of a term. Taxes are armed robbery.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Your ignorance of our nation's history is appalling, even more so your ignorance of Holy Scripture is as well. I'll explain below.

He is not the "sole and absolute" ruler. If the Elders decide that he is not going down the path that they want their church going, they can oust him.

"According to the New Testament, elders are responsible for the primary leadership and oversight of a church."
http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/what-is-the-role-of-an-elder

You just made my point by using the word "parents". While the father is the head of the family, he is not the "sole and absolute ruler" (if your wife doesn't have say in how her family is run, then you need to seek counseling).

Thank you! Our founding fathers feared a democracy, hence the reason they gave us a representative constitutional republic.

Obviously you're ignorant of our nation's founding where are rights come from God and are "unalienable".
http://www.gemworld.com/USA-Unalienable.htm

Perhaps sometime soon I'll start a thread on our nation's Judeo-Christian founding so that the uninformed can understand why we at one time were so blessed to live in the United States of America and can be once again if we return to that form of government.

You have yet to show me where God says in the Bible that any form of government where the people rule (either directly (democracy) or by proxy (republic)) is just. I have given you scripture that indicates that God wants a monarchy, and you have said that a bunch of men came up with something far better. Now, I don't know about you, but I'd take the form of government that God wants over what men could come up with any day. You might be able to guess why.

What you fail to understand is that our government started out as a representative constitutional republic, but within a few years, had become fully democratic. At first, only 1/6th of our government was democratic. But that didn't last because the majority decided that the entire government should be run by representatives of the people, so now it's 100% run by the majority. A representative republic is just one step removed from a democracy.

So please, unless you can show me that Numbers 16 does not clearly show us what God thinks of a representative form of government, I'm going to stick to advocating for a monarchy.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Also, Show how the rules God lays out for a nation's leadership is for anything other than a Monarchy in Deuteronomy 17.

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned
So you're okay with taking money, at gun point, from people who won't even use the thing you're funding. That's called theft. If you're okay with it, that's up to you. It's still theft.

No, I'm okay with my tax money being pooled to provide social services -- services I may or may not need -- for the greater good. That's not to say oversight and regulation are not necessary....nor a gun.

What I'm not okay with is individuals who feel entitled to judge and parse who or what is "deserving" of their personal tax dollars, all in the name of self-serving politics....accordingly, bringing full circle the very imperative for tax enforcement itself.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You have yet to show me where God says in the Bible that any form of government where the people rule (either directly (democracy) or by proxy (republic)) is just. I have given you scripture that indicates that God wants a monarchy,...

And I've given you Scripture showing otherwise.

What are your thoughts on King Herod? You must remember reading about him, he was a monarch that was so jealous of Jesus being born that he sent out troops to murder all boys under the age of two, hoping that Jesus would be one of them.

Just think how history would have changed if your precious monarch had been successful.

Daniel1769

No, I'm okay with my tax money being pooled to provide social services -- services I may or may not need -- for the greater good. That's not to say oversight and regulation are not necessary....nor a gun.

What I'm not okay with is individuals who feel entitled to judge and parse who or what is "deserving" of their personal tax dollars, all in the name of self-serving politics....accordingly, bringing full circle the very imperative for tax enforcement itself.

So an individual is is not "entitled" to decide what happens to their money? But some people ARE entitled to decide, as long as they work for government? And YOU are entitled to decide what happens to someone else's money with your declaration that it must be pooled for social services?

If individuals are not entitled to decide where their money is spent, how can some of those people be elected to decide where OTHER people's money is spent if they don't even have the right to decide where theirs is spent? And how to did YOU get the right to decide that other people can decide where other people's money is spent if YOU don't have the right to decide where your own money is spent?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
i'm not stopping him :idunno:

i'm just pointing out that there's something wrong with you

but most people here have come to that realization

I have to agree with you there res: Me attempting to have a civil conversation with a Libertarian such as yourself does indicate that there is something wrong with me.