Clueless as to what happened 2000 years ago and why

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Choleric had his thread called Satan Inc or something like it. The heretic list judged by what they post. Jesus is not God, rejection of the cross, that sort of thing. It is time to restart it.

No, it means you must stop doing the works of the flesh, as Paul stated in Galatians.

Genuineoriginal-moral, but lost. Clueless as to what happened at the cross and why. This will be ongoing until shut down.

EDIT:

He is really trying to hammer his point home of earning salvation. He said I lied about him then reiterated what I said.

You think you can do the works of the flesh and ignore it, trusting that nothing you do will affect your salvation.

Paul warned against being deceived into thinking that.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Motivating thread.

Motivating in what way?

Titus 1

7 For an elder must be blameless, as a steward of God, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, 8 but hospitable, a lover of what is good, sober-minded, just, holy, self-controlled, 9 holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict.

As you can see, there is a place for those who twist his words. This is not about evangelising, but stopping the wolves here.

Go break a two-by-four.

For what reason?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God's Truth is one of the worst offenders here. Constantly beating the drum of the circumcision.

Paul does NOT preach faith without obedience.

Paul says faith without works, as in the ceremonial/purification works one used to have to do.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can do this just from the ECT.

Zachary B, looks forward to his salvation if he works hard enough at it. He is another who has fallen from grace and is under circumcision.

The distinguished author of Hebrews gives 5 big-time warnings to born-again brethren
(and back in those days, many/most of them were also baptized with the Holy Spirit).
One of the 5 warnings is this intreging passage …

If you draw back from something, you first must have that something!
In this case, if you have something that keeps you out of hell,
and you choose to draw back from it, then you’re on your way to hell again!

Ironically, Zachary quotes Hebrews, even though the author states you cannot come back to repentance if you fall away. The author might have been witness to the events in Acts 5 where they fell away and were exterminated.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lazy Afternoon is also a regular when it comes to working for salvation through circumcision.

Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Tell me what you ever obeyed John W?

LA

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And then there is Meshak and her hat.

Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Tell me what you ever obeyed John W?

LA

And she replied....

These verses are conveniently dismissed by faith only pushers.

john w

Hall of Fame
Nick M will certainly sweep the leg, and get him a body bag? No mercy.

You were noticeably absent yesterday, Mayor. At the corner room of the "Y," or perhaps hangin' out at "The Diner?" Or perhaps you had a case of the "mainge?" I wonder what causes that....

SaulToPaul 2

You were noticeably absent yesterday, Mayor. At the corner room of the "Y," or perhaps hangin' out at "The Diner?" Or perhaps you had a case of the "mainge?" I wonder what causes that....

Yes sir, I took the day off from "the office" and laid around the trailer watching Perry Mason and Rockford Files reruns. It was good rest and recuperation.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes sir, I took the day off from "the office" and laid around the trailer watching Perry Mason and Rockford Files reruns. It was good rest and recuperation.

I wonder why "Jimmy" put up with Angel, Mayor?Maybe cuz Stuart M. lost his recurring role on "Love American Style," and he felt sorry for him? It's a mite curious, as curious as Jim seemingly beating up that cool gold Firebird every week, and Rocky's truck often, and yet, the next episode, they both looked pristine. I wonder what caused that?

SaulToPaul 2

I wonder why "Jimmy" put up with Angel, Mayor?Maybe cuz Stuart M. lost his recurring role on "Love American Style," and he felt sorry for him? It's a mite curious, as curious as Jim seemingly beating up that cool gold Firebird every week, and Rocky's truck often, and yet, the next episode, they both looked pristine. I wonder what caused that?

I suppose that Jimmy knew a good body shop guy from his time in "the joint", who fixed the Firebird and Rocky's truck at cost.

I wonder if Paul Drake ever got anywhere with Ms. Street, as he often called her "Beautiful"?
Smooth. Real smooth.

john w

Hall of Fame
I suppose that Jimmy knew a good body shop guy from his time in "the joint", who fixed the Firebird and Rocky's truck at cost.

I wonder if Paul Drake ever got anywhere with Ms. Street, as he often called her "Beautiful"?
Smooth. Real smooth.

That clears that up, Columbo...I got it, just like the beginning of the Preamble...

genuineoriginal

Genuineoriginal-moral, but lost. Clueless as to what happened at the cross and why. This will be ongoing until shut down.

Here is the false statement you made:
That means you ignore the actions of the flesh. To be carnally minded is to have your mind on the performance of the flesh. You are trying to be justified by the law. You need to review Galatians 5 if you wish to continue.

Here was my reply:
No, it means you must stop doing the works of the flesh, as Paul stated in Galatians.

Galatians 5:17-24
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.​

Your choice to ignore it whenever you find yourself doing the works of the flesh is not crucifying the flesh with the affections and lusts, it is walking after the flesh.

You think you can do the works of the flesh and ignore it, trusting that nothing you do will affect your salvation.

Paul warned against being deceived into thinking that.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.​