Creation vs. Evolution II

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear pops,

The reason that there is an Old Testament and a New Testament is because the New Testament is the NEW way that God would forgive sins. By sending His own Son, which begins as a baby being born of the virgin Mary, who had known no man, but was still pregnant with the Lord's Baby Jesus. It was Jesus who taught us that the New Testament replaced the Old Testament as the New Covenant between God and man. The Old Testament referred to the Old Covenant. Jesus taught in parables so that the 'wise' men of the time could not understand what He spoke of. He wanted it instead to be given to innocent, humble men, who would understand what He said in those parables after He was gone from them.

Just like a painting becomes more valuable after the death of it's artist, so did the parables become more valuable after Jesus died. The disciples were able to reflect back at which parable Jesus spoke and realize what He meant by each one. The first book of the New Testament was Matthew, and it was Matthew who wrote the book, recalling by the Holy Spirit, all that the Lord had taught him as a disciple. He found the right words because the Holy Ghost caused him to recall them and record them for generations to come. God is able to speak through to Matthew about how it was that Jesus was born and raised. The same with Mark, Luke and John. Their books are similar because they corroborate what actually happened to each of them, and that all four of them record the same thing, giving us a reliable story about what actually happened to them.

I don't know how to explain this any better to you right now. The apostle Paul remembered word for word what Jesus spoke to him when He appeared to Paul on his way to Damascus. Paul was a murderer, but he did it only after orders he received to do those murders by Roman rulers. Okay, I'm going to have to hope this does it for you. The New Testament is the way in which God can reconcile Himself again to His people, the children of God. That's us.

Praise God!!

Michael

popsthebuilder

No sir, I was asking because you said GOD had confounded me, so I asked why he would confound one who sincerely and earnestly seeks HIM.

You corrected yourself by replying that he would not.

I don't question why GOD scattered the faithful and divided their languages.

Nor do I question HIS reasons behind the flood. These things are expounded on within scriptures.

Thank you for your reply.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Dear pops,

The reason that there is an Old Testament and a New Testament is because the New Testament is the NEW way that God would forgive sins. By sending His own Son, which begins as a baby being born of the virgin Mary, who had known no man, but was still pregnant with the Lord's Baby Jesus. It was Jesus who taught us that the New Testament replaced the Old Testament as the New Covenant between God and man. The Old Testament referred to the Old Covenant. Jesus taught in parables so that the 'wise' men of the time could not understand what He spoke of. He wanted it instead to be given to innocent, humble men, who would understand what He said in those parables after He was gone from them.

Just like a painting becomes more valuable after the death of it's artist, so did the parables become more valuable after Jesus died. The disciples were able to reflect back at which parable Jesus spoke and realize what He meant by each one. The first book of the New Testament was Matthew, and it was Matthew who wrote the book, recalling by the Holy Spirit, all that the Lord had taught him as a disciple. He found the right words because the Holy Ghost caused him to recall them and record them for generations to come. God is able to speak through to Matthew about how it was that Jesus was born and raised. The same with Mark, Luke and John. Their books are similar because they corroborate what actually happened to each of them, and that all four of them record the same thing, giving us a reliable story about what actually happened to them.

I don't know how to explain this any better to you right now. The apostle Paul remembered word for word what Jesus spoke to him when He appeared to Paul on his way to Damascus. Paul was a murderer, but he did it only after orders he received to do those murders by Roman rulers. Okay, I'm going to have to hope this does it for you. The New Testament is the way in which God can reconcile Himself again to His people, the children of God. That's us.

Praise God!!

Michael
I appreciate your insight. But it didn't really address the question. As per 6days testimony; if the OT in the written form is and was perfect then why was a new testament needed?

Thank you friend

Peace

gcthomas

6Days, PopsTB: Any chance of sticking to the Creation vs Evolution topic here? DO we really need to carry the thread hijacking from the old to the new thread?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear patrick jane,

I'm getting pretty sick of this. Close your thread. If you don't, I will ask Sherman to do it for you. If I have to wait until Monday to do that, I shall. If I have to talk to Knight, I will. There aren't going to be two Creation vs. Evolution threads on here. It's just not going to fly, Patrick. And now we've got bad blood. We will be glad if we ever get back to being friends again. I, frankly, cannot believe you are trying to do this. It's just not going to happen, patrick. If you get any posts to your thread, it's just by accident because everyone sometimes posts on your thread by accident. They don't always know what is going on. Hopefully they will see that soon enough.

Also, God Sees Everything You Do,

Michael

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Dear patrick jane,

I'm getting pretty sick of this. Close your thread. If you don't, I will ask Sherman to do it for you. If I have to wait until Monday to do that, I shall. If I have to talk to Knight, I will. There aren't going to be two Creation vs. Evolution threads on here. It's just not going to fly, Patrick. And now we've got bad blood. We will be glad if we ever get back to being friends again. I, frankly, cannot believe you are trying to do this. It's just not going to happen, patrick. If you get any posts to your thread, it's just by accident because everyone sometimes posts on your thread by accident. They don't always know what is going on. Hopefully they will see that soon enough.

Also, God Sees Everything You Do,

Michael
OK I'll close it -

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
This person could not have been the only female around at the time, since the last common male ancestor did not live in the same age as the last common female ancestor. There was a complete population around at the time this theoretical 'Eve' was born, and had been for a long time before, so the science does not in any way support the biblical tale of origins. Mitochondrial eve is the theoretical last common female ancestor, not the 'first' ancestor.

What exactly are you calling a "common" ancestor?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
6Days, PopsTB: Any chance of sticking to the Creation vs Evolution topic here? DO we really need to carry the thread hijacking from the old to the new thread?

Dear gcthomas,

I see what you mean. It is frustrating. He has told me that he will close the bogus Creation thread. Now we can get back on track with the things at hand. Thanks so much, gct, for being patient during this transition. I wish it had never had to happen, but it's okay.

Warmest Wishes & Cheerio, Mate,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I appreciate your insight. But it didn't really address the question. As per 6days testimony; if the OT in the written form is and was perfect then why was a new testament needed?

Thank you friend

Peace

Dear popsthebuilder,

The OT was perfect, but additional circumstances and a new story happened so that a New Testament was needed. The New Testament is the New Covenant which God made with us. The Old is in the past and the New is for the salvation of men and women. We are all brothers under Adam and Eve, and under Noah and his family. We are ALL descendants of their family. Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father passed out drunk and naked, and he asked his brothers to go and cover him. Well, when Noah woke up, he realized what had been done and it wasn't necessary. So Noah said, 'Cursed be Canaan, a servant of his brethren shall he be.' This is why the black people who were Canaan's ancestors had become our servants/slaves for so very, very long. God has only recently freed Canaan from that decree. See Gen. 9:25KJV. You can decide for yourself what you want to believe.

Man's sinning was so great that no man should be saved, for the devil said, all of men's souls are mine, since they keep my ways instead of God's. So a new way of Salvation was needed. This is why Jesus, who was our own God, coming in the flesh like man, and was killed so horribly. So that we could be saved by believing in Him and what He did for us. Those who believe, the same shall be saved. And we will join God and Christ in Heaven forevermore. I know some of this is hard for you all to believe, but it is what happened. I'll shut up for now and let you speak.

Much Love, Pops, In Jesus Christ's Example,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Interplanner,

I didn't mean to offend you and I hope that I didn't. Please forgive me and continue to be a part of this conversation here. It's just that a mitochondrial Eve is ridiculous. That's why I answered the way I did. It is total heresy, not true.

Praise The Lord,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear pops,

Jesus spoke in parables so that his disciples, in the future, would understand his message. He did it so that the wicked and Pharisees would not be able to understand, lest they be saved out of necessity because they would repent. The Lord didn't want the Pharisees and Sadducees to understand, because the Lord didn't want them to be saved in their lifetimes. I know it's hard to understand and I can't go into specifics because that would be a long post indeed. Maybe some other time. Hope this helps.

May God Watch Over You From Above And Guide Your Path,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

Things have not resulted from some Big Bang. It is preposterous. Do you actually think one big bang would be so resounding as to create different galaxies, and comets, and meteors, and planets, and stars?? And black holes, etc. It would have to be one hell of a bang, and it just did not happen that way. It doesn't matter how strong the big bang was to be creating all of the distant galaxies, and planets, and stars. God is the one creating all of the Universe. He expands it as He sees fit, so that mankind can never see the edge of it. Big bang is a big joke. God has had 6,000 years to increase the size of His universe since the simpler one that was during when He first created the host of Heaven. If He could create a Heaven in an instant, by uttering it with His word, surely He can enlarge it with each day that passes after the initial Heaven. This is hard to explain, but there is no bang big enough to cause all of these galaxies, etc. and supernovas, and black holes, to boot. There's no bang that could be that big. Can you understand. It just didn't happen that way, as nice as it is to believe and rationalize it. Man will never find the edge of the Universe. God will see to it. It doesn't matter how big of a bang it would take. It is impossible.

Also, if God can create an aged man named Adam, He certainly can create an aged Earth and Universe. Don't sell Him short! He also created aged trees and flora, and aged creatures and creeping things. They were all created as old, with their seeds within them. He created trees that bore fruit, not saplings that would take years to grow fruit. God planted a garden and it was an aged garden within an instant, just by His command and saying it into existence. He created aged trees, etc.

With The Patience Of The Lord,

Michael

6days

popsthebuilder said:
As per 6days testimony; if the OT in the written form is and was perfect then why was a new testament needed?
Pops... not sure which 'testimony' you are referring to, or what your question really is.
I think you would agree that God's Word is perfect / inerrant? Wouldn't you agree that each book in the Bible is part of the complete unit? *

gcthomas said:
<stick 2 topic>
Trusting what the creation account vs various manifestations of evolution IS the topic.*