Is the USA headed for doom?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well yes, but not all of it, nor is it soon.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

This is because the nation is not fully proud, and is not yet destroying the faithful Christians within it.

While many think the western nations will lose out in the middle east soon, the opposite is actually true.

However it is a trap to bring upon the eventual destruction of the western nations, as their pride rises to such great heights, and many believers get caught up in it, perhaps to never escape Babylons punishments. Rev.ch 18.

Jer 50:1 The word that the LORD spake against Babylon and against the land of the Chaldeans by Jeremiah the prophet.
Jer 50:2 Declare ye among the nations, and publish, and set up a standard; publish, and conceal not: say, Babylon is taken, Bel is confounded, Merodach is broken in pieces; her idols are confounded, her images are broken in pieces.
Jer 50:3 For out of the north there cometh up a nation against her, which shall make her land desolate, and none shall dwell therein: they shall remove, they shall depart, both man and beast.

Jer 50:8 Remove out of the midst of Babylon, and go forth out of the land of the Chaldeans, and be as the he goats before the flocks.
Jer 50:9 For, lo, I will raise and cause to come up against Babylon an assembly of great nations from the north country: and they shall set themselves in array against her; from thence she shall be taken: their arrows shall be as of a mighty expert man; none shall return in vain.
Jer 50:10 And Chaldea shall be a spoil: all that spoil her shall be satisfied, saith the LORD.
Jer 50:11 Because ye were glad, because ye rejoiced, O ye destroyers of mine heritage, because ye are grown fat as the heifer at grass, and bellow as bulls;
Jer 50:12 Your mother shall be sore confounded; she that bare you shall be ashamed: behold, the hindermost of the nations shall be a wilderness, a dry land, and a desert.
Jer 50:13 Because of the wrath of the LORD it shall not be inhabited, but it shall be wholly desolate: every one that goeth by Babylon shall be astonished, and hiss at all her plagues.
Jer 50:14 Put yourselves in array against Babylon round about: all ye that bend the bow, shoot at her, spare no arrows: for she hath sinned against the LORD.
Jer 50:15 Shout against her round about: she hath given her hand: her foundations are fallen, her walls are thrown down: for it is the vengeance of the LORD: take vengeance upon her; as she hath done, do unto her.
Jer 50:16 Cut off the sower from Babylon, and him that handleth the sickle in the time of harvest: for fear of the oppressing sword they shall turn every one to his people, and they shall flee every one to his own land.
Jer 50:17 Israel is a scattered sheep; the lions have driven him away: first the king of Assyria hath devoured him; and last this Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon hath broken his bones.
Jer 50:18 Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will punish the king of Babylon and his land, as I have punished the king of Assyria.

Dan 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

LA

CherubRam

Well yes, but not all of it, nor is it soon.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

This is because the nation is not fully proud, and is not yet destroying the faithful Christians within it.

While many think the western nations will lose out in the middle east soon, the opposite is actually true.

However it is a trap to bring upon the eventual destruction of the western nations, as their pride rises to such great heights, and many believers get caught up in it, perhaps to never escape Babylons punishments. Rev.ch 18.

Jer 50:1 The word that the LORD spake against Babylon and against the land of the Chaldeans by Jeremiah the prophet.
Jer 50:2 Declare ye among the nations, and publish, and set up a standard; publish, and conceal not: say, Babylon is taken, Bel is confounded, Merodach is broken in pieces; her idols are confounded, her images are broken in pieces.
Jer 50:3 For out of the north there cometh up a nation against her, which shall make her land desolate, and none shall dwell therein: they shall remove, they shall depart, both man and beast.

Jer 50:8 Remove out of the midst of Babylon, and go forth out of the land of the Chaldeans, and be as the he goats before the flocks.
Jer 50:9 For, lo, I will raise and cause to come up against Babylon an assembly of great nations from the north country: and they shall set themselves in array against her; from thence she shall be taken: their arrows shall be as of a mighty expert man; none shall return in vain.
Jer 50:10 And Chaldea shall be a spoil: all that spoil her shall be satisfied, saith the LORD.
Jer 50:11 Because ye were glad, because ye rejoiced, O ye destroyers of mine heritage, because ye are grown fat as the heifer at grass, and bellow as bulls;
Jer 50:12 Your mother shall be sore confounded; she that bare you shall be ashamed: behold, the hindermost of the nations shall be a wilderness, a dry land, and a desert.
Jer 50:13 Because of the wrath of the LORD it shall not be inhabited, but it shall be wholly desolate: every one that goeth by Babylon shall be astonished, and hiss at all her plagues.
Jer 50:14 Put yourselves in array against Babylon round about: all ye that bend the bow, shoot at her, spare no arrows: for she hath sinned against the LORD.
Jer 50:15 Shout against her round about: she hath given her hand: her foundations are fallen, her walls are thrown down: for it is the vengeance of the LORD: take vengeance upon her; as she hath done, do unto her.
Jer 50:16 Cut off the sower from Babylon, and him that handleth the sickle in the time of harvest: for fear of the oppressing sword they shall turn every one to his people, and they shall flee every one to his own land.
Jer 50:17 Israel is a scattered sheep; the lions have driven him away: first the king of Assyria hath devoured him; and last this Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon hath broken his bones.
Jer 50:18 Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will punish the king of Babylon and his land, as I have punished the king of Assyria.

Dan 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

LA

The passage you are quoting for Babylon is literal.

RBBI

I used to think that my grandchildren would be lucky to live out their lives in a free country. Now I know my kids won't even get to do it. The collapse of this country is not an if, but a when.

Even if you only take into consideration all of the natural circumstances predicting it, it's a given. Add the spiritual into the mix and it's a slam dunk. If HaShem does not judge the sins of this country and it's people, He will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah and I don't see that happening, do you? Peace

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
2017 is a bad year for the USA.
It's 2016. :AMR:

We've been good Roman soldiers
soldat.gif
for the Vatican. :eek:linger:

:bowser: :bowser: Big wonders to come (Ex 34:10, Mal 4:5-6). :popcorn:

headed for doom? That's ridiculous. We are already in Doomsday

When the Constitution goes, it all goes. We are no better than Uganda or wherever, once the Constitution gets shredded, as the Democrats (and "social democrats") would just love to do. With Scalia gone, yes, we are very doomed unless the Republicans can keep a Sup Ct nominee from being considered until January, 2017

:(

looks like our economy is already doomed, 18 trillion debt, and twice that if Sanders gets elected. Anyone who says we are not already doomed hasn't been paying attention, and of course most people have not. We are run by low-info people with no moral-ethical compass to speak of

Jose Fly

How does our national debt doom us to financial ruin, especially since we owe most of it to ourselves?

Looks to me like this thread is mostly conservative Christians bemoaning the fact that things aren't going their way (e.g., they're losing their special privileges), they aren't as influential as before, and the demographic trends suggest these trends will only continue (each successive generation is less Christian and more secular).

I see those as good things. :up:

How does our national debt doom us to financial ruin, especially since we owe most of it to ourselves?

Looks to me like this thread is mostly conservative Christians bemoaning the fact that things aren't going their way (e.g., they're losing their special privileges), they aren't as influential as before, and the demographic trends suggest these trends will only continue (each successive generation is less Christian and more secular).

"the devil appears as an angel of light"

genuineoriginal

If HaShem does not judge the sins of this country and it's people, He will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah
Abraham bargained with God about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, and God agreed to spare the cities if 10 righteous men were found within them.

Genesis 18:23-32
23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
26 And the Lord said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.​

Are you claiming that there are not even ten righteous men in all of America?
If not, then you have no business saying God should apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah for anything.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Abraham bargained with God about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, and God agreed to spare the cities if 10 righteous men were found within them.

Genesis 18:23-32
23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
26 And the Lord said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.​

Are you claiming that there are not even ten righteous men in all of America?
If not, then you have no business saying God should apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah for anything.

Actually there ought to have been ten righteous men there , but 5 fell away, which is why Abraham stopped at ten.

Check it out.

Anyway there were none there when Lot left, and he did not go to Heaven either, but into another town preserved for him.

Luk 17:28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
Luk 17:29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
Luk 17:31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
Luk 17:32 Remember Lot's wife.
Luk 17:33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
Luk 17:34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
Luk 17:35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Luk 17:36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Luk 17:37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

LA

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
headed for doom? That's ridiculous. We are already in Doomsday...Anyone who says we are not already doomed hasn't been paying attention, and of course most people have not. We are run by low-info people with no moral-ethical compass to speak of

How do we differ? Yes, we are doomed. We have gone to every war that the Vatican has asked us to go to. :eek:linger: Is 40:17

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Nations who get into debt by making war, eventually choose a leader like Hitler though in this case more cunning, who will go after the righteous within, and further the religious efforts of the compromising believers, which first of all makes them proud to the extreme before God defeats them through nations who never knew God in the first place.

Its all here--

Isa 10:1 Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed;
Isa 10:2 To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless!
Isa 10:3 And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far? to whom will ye flee for help? and where will ye leave your glory?
Isa 10:4 Without me they shall bow down under the prisoners, and they shall fall under the slain. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
Isa 10:5 O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.
Isa 10:6 I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.
Isa 10:7 Howbeit he meaneth not so, neither doth his heart think so; but it is in his heart to destroy and cut off nations not a few.
Isa 10:8 For he saith, Are not my princes altogether kings?
Isa 10:9 Is not Calno as Carchemish? is not Hamath as Arpad? is not Samaria as Damascus?
Isa 10:10 As my hand hath found the kingdoms of the idols, and whose graven images did excel them of Jerusalem and of Samaria;
Isa 10:11 Shall I not, as I have done unto Samaria and her idols, so do to Jerusalem and her idols?
Isa 10:12 Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks.
Isa 10:13 For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man:
Isa 10:14 And my hand hath found as a nest the riches of the people: and as one gathereth eggs that are left, have I gathered all the earth; and there was none that moved the wing, or opened the mouth, or peeped.
Isa 10:15 Shall the axe boast itself against him that heweth therewith? or shall the saw magnify itself against him that shaketh it? as if the rod should shake itself against them that lift it up, or as if the staff should lift up itself, as if it were no wood.
Isa 10:16 Therefore shall the Lord, the Lord of hosts, send among his fat ones leanness; and under his glory he shall kindle a burning like the burning of a fire.
Isa 10:17 And the light of Israel shall be for a fire, and his Holy One for a flame: and it shall burn and devour his thorns and his briers in one day;
Isa 10:18 And shall consume the glory of his forest, and of his fruitful field, both soul and body: and they shall be as when a standardbearer fainteth.
Isa 10:19 And the rest of the trees of his forest shall be few, that a child may write them.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Christians need to get bold like the secular world has against them. That is why this country is heading down a bad path.

A lot of supposed Christians, instead of holding to their God, really just want the government to be such. The Bible says that those who will not work, shall not eat- all these sort of virtues and Godly living are filtered out. They want to put their trust in the world rather than God to take care of their problems.

iamaberean

Christians need to get bold like the secular world has against them. That is why this country is heading down a bad path.

A lot of supposed Christians, instead of holding to their God, really just want the government to be such. The Bible says that those who will not work, shall not eat- all these sort of virtues and Godly living are filtered out. They want to put their trust in the world rather than God to take care of their problems.

We need revival. Has God done anything for you recently?

john w

Hall of Fame
you-cant-help-but-think-right-now-about-the-most-infamous-businessweek-cover-of-all-time.jpg

Aug. 1979.

Eventually, Christ rejector LALaw will be right, as a broken clock is twice, every 24 hours.

Jose Fly

Nations who get into debt by making war, eventually choose a leader like Hitler

So every nation in history that goes to war and funds it via debt has elected a "leader like Hitler"? Any actual....you know....support for that claim?

though in this case more cunning, who will go after the righteous within, and further the religious efforts of the compromising believers, which first of all makes them proud to the extreme before God defeats them through nations who never knew God in the first place.

Let me see if I have this straight...
Going to war, financing it via debt....

--leads to---

electing a Hitler-esque leader....

--leads to--

the leader siding with "compromising believers"

--leads to--

the compromising believers becoming overly proud

--leads to--

God using nations that don't believe in God to conquer the overly proud nation with the Hitler-esque leader.​
Um.....yeah. Thanks. :kookoo: