ECT Words have meaning unless of course you have bit into the lie of MAD.

dodge

I didn't pull them out, "Jesus" did.

G.M.. I don't think so !

Luk 9:26
For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

dodge

I see nothing wrong with taking Communion. So far as water baptism goes, I'll refer you back to what John the Baptist said in Matthew 3:11.

And I will refer you to what Jesus said HE said to teach and BAPTIZE the NATIONS.

Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:"

The pronoun "he" refers to Jesus Christ who baptizes us in water and with fire.

In 1 Corinthians 3:13 Paul explained that Jesus Christ will test each person's work by fire.

In 1 Corinthians 3:15 Paul said, "If anyone’s work is burned he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire."

A person's work being burned is less than optimal.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The pronoun "he" refers to Jesus Christ who baptizes us in water and with fire.

In 1 Corinthians 3:13 Paul explained that Jesus Christ will test each person's work by fire.

In 1 Corinthians 3:15 Paul said, "If anyone’s work is burned he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire."

A person's work being burned is less than optimal.

:chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And I will refer you t what Jesus said HE said to teach and BAPTIZE the NATIONS.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Pertaining to the House of Israel and "The Kingdom Message."

dodge

What does "Repentance" mean to you, Dodge?

Turning from sin and obeying God in whatever I was and or am sinning in.

Literally sin in scripture means missing the mark so wherever I miss the mark whether in the sin of omission or commission to turn to where and what God wants.

dodge

Pertaining to the House of Israel and "The Kingdom Message."

Nope ! That message from Jesus applies to all that name His name.

Got ya, ALL NATIONS only means Israel.

World only means Israel.

You don't see a problem changing what Jesus taught ?

dodge

Before I open the Bible to read/study, I pray a simple prayer. "Father, please give me wisdom and knowledge for what I'm about to read." It's the Holy Spirit that helps us understand what God desires us to comprehend. Never open the Bible without praying beforehand for guidance.

I do the same most of the time ! You are correct that if the Holy Spirit does not give the understanding of God's word one will not get the understanding.

That is good advice.

Danoh

Did Paul teach that each person's work will be tested?

And he was talking about what sort of doctrine or teaching, each will be found having built on the foundation given Paul...to lay down.

Jesus Christ...yes.

But...according to the revelation of the mystery...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The "Kingdom Message" which Christ and His Apostles preached to the "Lost Sheep of Israel" included faith and works. Paul preached, "Faith alone without works" to the Gentiles. The Gentiles were NEVER under the Law and were NEVER given the Law. Today, water baptism isn't necessary for anyone. John the Baptist stated in Matthew 3:11 "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:"

However you have never been baptized with the Holy Ghost and with fire.

Neither have you repented.

LA

Danoh

In the past few days I was told "today" does NOT mean "today", which of course is WRONG.

Ref. Today you will be with me in paradise as Jesus told the crucified thief next to Him.

Tonight I was told "world" does not mean "world" but it means the lost sheep of Israel.

Ref. Jn.:3:16

If I was in a group ANY group that started changing the meaning of words in scripture I would find a church that preached the scripture without changing scripture to fit a particular doctrine.

There are more words changed by MAD to make their beliefs work, but you get the general idea.

John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

What "world" John?

Do you mean ancient North America, like the Mormons say?

Do you mean ancient China - what world are you talking about, John?

1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

So, He came into the world...of His own, many of...His own....received Him not, but as many of the ancient North Americans, and ancient Chinese as received Him gave He power to become the sons of God.

Got it; John.

No. Dodge.

You don't.

John is talking about the world of Israel - the world of...His own brethren: Israel.

Hebrews 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

What "the people"?

Guess who that phrase often refers to when Israelites speak of their world...of their...people.

The thing is to explore these kinds of things as to their various shades and hues.

Does this or that word always mean the same thing? What determines that?

And so on...

Only ignorance - right off dismisses a thing that does not fit within its' narrow approach.

Ignorance being the unawareness of a thing and or of how it works.

Willfull, or otherwise.

Last edited:

marhig

Nope ! That message from Jesus applies to all that name His name.

Got ya, ALL NATIONS only means Israel.

World only means Israel.

You don't see a problem changing what Jesus taught ?

How can world only mean Israel?

Jesus said to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature, that's everyone!

marhig

Today means that day, the world in the context of preach to every creature/ all creation means everyone, heaven means heaven, not sky, and there is one gospel for all of us and Jesus preached it and told his apostles including Paul to spread it to everyone. I can't believe how much the gospel is getting twisted!

Wick Stick

Do you assume every word in the bible is "figurative" ? OF course there is some figurative language but NOT ALL of Scripture is figurative there are also literal words in scripture.

If you think the OP is Malarkey feel free not to post in this OP , NO problem.
I didn't claim it all was figurative. You were the one stamping for literal interpretation of things that aren't literal.

The Bible contains a number of extended metaphors, which may properly be considered an apocryphon. One of those metaphors, which you apparently have not decoded, has to do with the heavens and the earth.

Yes, heavens and earth are used to refer to Israel. Earth refers to the people. Heavens refers to the government. It goes further. 'Sun and moon' refer to the rulers of the nation - the king and high priest. Stars refer to the lesser leaders, the clan chiefs and Sanhedrin.

It's not just that way in one book. It's all throughout the Old Testament prophets, and the New Testament gospels, and Revelation.

Seriously, find a better teacher.

Right Divider

Body part
Did Paul teach that each person's work will be tested?
Yes, but he did NOT teach this:

Matt 6:14-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:14) For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: (6:15) But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Though he did teach this:

Eph 4:32 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:32) And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

I'll bet that you cannot tell the difference.