Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Life by fives: My testimony

Thanks
    Thanked 4,865 Times in 2,923 Posts

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

....and I'm speechless. I can't imagine any words here to describe or lend to this at all, but I'll try...

First, your life is tragic horror, before Christ that captivates. I cannot imagine any made-for-tv producer turning down the script.

Second, just for the book version, more could be written in details that I think would immediately be a viable book contract for a story that should be told. No, we don't all relate, but I do believe many will and story is important for other's dealing with their own pains. In this story is hope and a promise of deliverance and healing that simply must be told enmass. Talk to TownHeretic (editor). For that, I'd also encourage much more of your relationship with Christ as well. The question begging is "How can Jesus do this for me?" Your further story would help answer that question.

Third, and a bit of extension on #2: your writing style is wholly engaging. You have a natural and God-given talent and are an amazing writer. I envision not only your biography, but other writings. You have a gift for it.

Finally, me. I relate to your story. Mine not nearly this tragic, but tragic just the same, and you've written what I could not (many reasons, but I believe style and ability to be up at the top). Your honesty, openness, and self-reflection echo not just your own story, but many others as well. In it, our own voices are given in a profound way that I believe, again, that God has given you this ability to speak eloquently for those without the strength, courage, or voice. I do agree with others here: Courage is not about being bold without fear, it is about knowing in Whom we have believed and trusting Him to walk forward both in bold firm trust of Him and in trembling trepidatious fear at our own vulnerabilty. Indeed, this is one of the most courageous pieces I've ever seen on the internet. You've allowed people to know you. Truly and really know you.
    Perhaps this will bolden some toward their own stories. When we face them head on and truthfully, there is healing in this. I believe there is an incredible catharsis in writing and openly publishing.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks
    Thanked 8,477 Times in 4,950 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Remarkable...you, your witness...everything about this really. You should slow down the sequence and commit it to a larger narrative, but Lon is right. This should be worked on, out and published. I think it would be a tremendously beneficial work for more people than you might imagine.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible story. It never ceases to amaze me of the different ways that God reaches and heals a person. May he continue to bless you and draw you closer to him.

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Words are inadequate from me.
    "Myths are not lies," Tolkien countered, among the swaying trees of Magdalen Grove. Materialistic progress leads only to the abyss, Tolkien said, but the myths we tell reflect a fragment of the true light. He argued the Christ story functions as a myth, just like the Scandinavian myths they had loved, with one difference: The Christian myth was true.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Girl

Quote Originally Posted by MaryContrary View Post
    Okay, so I'm going to go have a panic attack now. Again, all necessary apologies are freely and sincerely offered.
    Thank God you are here. Love, mercy, forgiveness are alive and well with you. Jesus has healed you. And I send you my love. God bless you. bybee

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of all Gods' miracles the resiliency of the human spirit must surely be preeminent.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no place so low that we can go where God's hands aren't able and willing to save us.

Thank you for sharing.
    fidelis usque ad mortem

Thanks
    Thanked 9,967 Times in 6,976 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chatmaggot View Post
    There is no place so low that we can go where God's hands aren't able and willing to save us.

Thank you for sharing.
    That's a fact, Jack. 1

1 except godrulz
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Thanks
    Thanked 12,963 Times in 8,837 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just came upon this thread through the links in your signature. Powerful stuff. You are living proof that God can change someone's heart.

Thread Information