Paul's Struggle With Sin

Robert Pate

Banned
The Christian life is a fight. If you don't struggle with sin like Paul did chances are you don't have the Holy Spirit. The religious are not struggling with sin because they think that they have over come it. The lost are not struggling with sin because they are doing it.

Paul said, "For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not" Romans 7:18.

Here is the worlds greatest Christian confessing that he is a sinner.

Those who are indwelt with the Holy Spirit see themselves as sinners. God does not see us as sinners. God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. The Christian life is never the basis for ones salvation. Due to Catholicism, Pentecostalism, Calvinism, the doctrine of the Christian life has been perverted. Those who posses the Holy Spirit live their lives before the Lord as sinners, saved sinners. They are always in need of the saving work of Jesus Christ. They never reach a point where they can say that they have arrived.

If you are trusting in what you have become or in what you are, to save you, chances are you are a counterfeit. The basis for our salvation is in what Christ has done for us, in our name and on our behalf, that took place totally and completely outside of us. We had nothing, absolutly nothing, to do with our salvation. We were saved over 2000 years ago by the doing and the dying of Jesus, plus nothing. We are justified by faith and by faith alone. The fact that we believe the Gospel is no big thing. We should believe it because it is true.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Paul was using an allegory to compare the natural person with the spiritual person in the next chapter. Paul did not use chapter breaks.

Sin is defined as the transgression of the law.

With regard to the law Paul said, "concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless." (Philippians 3:6 NKJV)

As usual you say one thing and scripture says something else.

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul was using an allegory to compare the natural person with the spiritual person in the next chapter. Paul did not use chapter breaks.

Sin is defined as the transgression of the law.

With regard to the law Paul said, "concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless." (Philippians 3:6 NKJV)

As usual you say one thing and scripture says something else.

Paul was describing his life as a Pharisee in Philippians 3:4-6.

Do you really think that righteousness comes by the law?

Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight. For by the law is the KNOWLEDGE OF SIN" Romans 3:20.

daqq

Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight. For by the law is the KNOWLEDGE OF SIN" Romans 3:20.

So then if you say you have no law then how can you have any true knowledge of the gravity of your own sins and transgressions? Your claim to be a "sinner" in such a context is therefore nothing more than a "copycat" claim which you heard someone else say, (namely Paul) and simply repeated for yourself rather than having learned it through your own experiences. You cannot truly be convicted under the law as a transgressor or a sinner if you have never actually been under the law; neither can you be brought forth out from "under the law" if you were never under the law to begin with. How ironic it is that Paul also states that the Torah is our "schoolmaster" to bring us to Messiah. You have effectively eliminated any reason or need for a Messiah by abolishing the Torah from your heart and mind, (and this I say not just because of what you have posted here but from many other statements you have made previously).

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Romans. 7 describes Paul's struggle before Christ delivered him from that wretched state. Paul the Possul claimed that no sin had dominion over him.

Ben Masada

1 - The Christian life is a fight. If you don't struggle with sin like Paul did chances are you don't have the Holy Spirit. The religious are not struggling with sin because they think that they have over come it. The lost are not struggling with sin because they are doing it.

2 - Paul said, "For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not" Romans 7:18.

3 - Here is the worlds greatest Christian confessing that he is a sinner. Those who are indwelt with the Holy Spirit see themselves as sinners.

4 - God does not see us as sinners. God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. The Christian life is never the basis for ones salvation. Due to Catholicism, Pentecostalism, Calvinism, the doctrine of the Christian life has been perverted. Those who posses the Holy Spirit live their lives before the Lord as sinners, saved sinners. They are always in need of the saving work of Jesus Christ. They never reach a point where they can say that they have arrived.

5 - If you are trusting in what you have become or in what you are, to save you, chances are you are a counterfeit. The basis for our salvation is in what Christ has done for us, in our name and on our behalf, that took place totally and completely outside of us.

6 - We had nothing, absolutly nothing, to do with our salvation. We were saved over 2000 years ago by the doing and the dying of Jesus, plus nothing.

7 - We are justified by faith and by faith alone. The fact that we believe the Gospel is no big thing. We should believe it because it is true.

1 - Yes, Paul did struggle but against repressed sinful feelings which he found out but from reading in the Law that it had been a sinful condition all his life as a Hellenist former Jew.

2 - Right! That was such a sinful condition that hurt him as a thorn in the flesh. That's what he considered himself a wretched man because he wanted to fight against that condition but over and over ended up doing all the same. (Rom. 7:14,24) Before going crazy, he created a special allowance for the special man that he was: To serve the Law in his mind only and continue serving sin in his flesh. (Rom. 7:25)

3 - The point is not that he was a sinner but the kind of a sinner he was. We already know that we are all sinners. All we need is to read Eccles. 7:20.

4 - According to Isaiah, the Lord had already provided for us the method to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red became as white as snow through repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law.(Isa. 1:18,19)

5 - But that was not what Jesus himself said would be the basis of our salvation but to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

6 - It is amazing how Christian preconceived notions operate in the Christian mind. Even Jesus himself is discarded for what he said in disagreement with the gospel of Paul. Jesus himself made it very clear that salvation comes only from listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

7 - That's not according to the gospel of Jesus but of Paul if you read Luke 16:29-31. There is hardly no truth in the gospel of Paul. And last but not least, don't put too much in the Pauline doctrine of justification by faith without the Law because, according to James such a concept is as dead as a body without the breath of life. Dead if you know what James meant.(James 2:26)

Ben Masada

Romans. 7 describes Paul's struggle before Christ delivered him from that wretched state. Paul the Possul claimed that no sin had dominion over him.

Jesus never delivered Paul from that sinful state of his. Besides, Paul never left that sinful state of mind. The opposite is rather true that he made up an allowance for himself to serve the Law though only in his mind while serving sin in his flesh. Read Rom. 7:25.

Last edited:

beloved57

The Christian life is a fight. If you don't struggle with sin like Paul did chances are you don't have the Holy Spirit. The religious are not struggling with sin because they think that they have over come it. The lost are not struggling with sin because they are doing it.

Paul said, "For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not" Romans 7:18.

Those who are indwelt with the Holy Spirit see themselves as sinners. God does not see us as sinners. God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. The Christian life is never the basis for ones salvation. Due to Catholicism, Pentecostalism, Calvinism, the doctrine of the Christian life has been perverted. Those who posses the Holy Spirit live their lives before the Lord as sinners, saved sinners. They are always in need of the saving work of Jesus Christ. They never reach a point where they can say that they have arrived.

If you are trusting in what you have become or in what you are, to save you, chances are you are a counterfeit. The basis for our salvation is in what Christ has done for us, in our name and on our behalf, that took place totally and completely outside of us. We had nothing, absolutly nothing, to do with our salvation. We were saved over 2000 years ago by the doing and the dying of Jesus, plus nothing. We are justified by faith and by faith alone. The fact that we believe the Gospel is no big thing. We should believe it because it is true.

You trust in what you did to save you, so are you counterfeit ?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I don't think so. He said it isn't him, but sin that dwells in his body. We are to consider ourselves crucified and raised up. He said we regard no one according to the flesh because of the sin.

Robert Pate

Banned
I don't think so. He said it isn't him, but sin that dwells in his body. We are to consider ourselves crucified and raised up. He said we regard no one according to the flesh because of the sin.

Its hard to separate sin from the sinner. Sin is not like a disease or like something that can be cured, it is much deeper than that.

Paul refered to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

Spiritually, we are perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
So then if you say you have no law then how can you have any true knowledge of the gravity of your own sins and transgressions? Your claim to be a "sinner" in such a context is therefore nothing more than a "copycat" claim which you heard someone else say, (namely Paul) and simply repeated for yourself rather than having learned it through your own experiences. You cannot truly be convicted under the law as a transgressor or a sinner if you have never actually been under the law; neither can you be brought forth out from "under the law" if you were never under the law to begin with. How ironic it is that Paul also states that the Torah is our "schoolmaster" to bring us to Messiah. You have effectively eliminated any reason or need for a Messiah by abolishing the Torah from your heart and mind, (and this I say not just because of what you have posted here but from many other statements you have made previously).

Christians are not under any kind of laws or rules. To be under the law is to be under condemnation. Where there is no law there is no sin or judgment.

The law brings us to Christ because it shows us that we are sinners. By the law is the knowledge of sin, Romans 3:20. I need Christ to save me from the curse of a broken law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christians are not under any kind of laws or rules.

Yes, you can say that if you ignore scriptural context as you often do.

So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty. (James 2:12 NKJV)​

WeberHome

Christians are not under any kind of laws or rules.

†. 1Cor 14:37 . . If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let
him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the
commandments of the Lord.

†. 1Ths 4:1-2 . .We beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord
Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please
God, so ye would abound more and more. For ye know what commandments
we gave you by the Lord Jesus.

Just for the fun of it one year, I went thru the New Testament, beginning
with Acts, looking for the commandments about which Paul wrote. I found
nearly 500.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Danoh

It did under "the Law for righteousness," Luke 1: 5-6; Rom. 9:31; Rom. 10:5, etc.

daqq

It did under "the Law for righteousness," Luke 1: 5-6; Rom. 9:31; Rom. 10:5, etc.

What about the explanation for Romans 9:31 which is given by Paul himself in Romans 9:32? Rom 9:32 does not render the law inoperable but rather strongly implies that the law should have been observed being mixed with faithfulness. This is a huge difference from what you have implied by quoting Rom 9:31 separate from its surrounding context.