ECT Qs for Christians

Qs for Christians

• No, He has not yet finished dealing with my sin.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, He has not yet justified me before God.

• His work is finished but not sufficient. My work completes, earns or maintains His work.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

musterion

Is Christ's work for your sin and justification finished? If not, what does He still need to do to deal with your sin and to justify you?

If His work is finished, is it all-sufficient? That is, by itself, has it saved you on His merits alone? Or is there something alongside His finished work (beyond faith) which you must do to be saved?

Lon

Is Christ's work for your sin and justification finished? If not, what does He still need to do to deal with your sin and to justify you?

If His work is finished, is it all-sufficient? That is, by itself, has it saved you on His merits alone? Or is there something alongside His finished work (beyond faith) which you must do to be saved?
I'd expect works related: "You must walk in it."

Ephesian 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

My answer: "I agree, but God prepared them already, how could I not walk in them???" :idunno:

-result of salvation Hebrews 9:14

revpete

Yes, yes and no. 🙌

Pete.

musterion

why isn't everyone saved
if
it is finished and sufficient?

Because without faith it is still impossible to please God. That requirement has been so from the beginning.

Your faith is in your church, which is made up of the men you obey as lords, vital intercessors between you and Christ.