Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosenritter

Scientists have calculated that 95% of all species that ever existed are now extinct. If God made all the animals one has to wonder why he allowed so many creatures of his creation to go extinct? It makes no sense. But if you consider Evolution, survival of the fittest, it makes sense that species that could not adapt to world changes, were replaced by new species that were more fit to survive. Stronger species replaced unfit species in various life niches on our planet.

If you assume that God's purpose was for man to serve the planet, it makes no sense.

If you assume that God's purpose was for the planet to serve man, then it does make sense.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Please tell me that you're intelligent enough to answer your own borrowed question? Would you behave any more rationally if I respond kindly? Actually, my patience is so worn out with this recycled objection because I'm amazed that anyone would consider the argument worthy to waste the keystrokes to use it as an objection.

In Genesis 2:19, does it say that it is the FIRST time that God ever created animals? Use your brain please. The logical part that deals with language, ordinal, and so forth. IT says that God created animals in front of Adam so that he could name them. Obviously these are not animals to populate the entire planet. That part was already done, as it so well stated in Genesis 1:20-25 that you already mentioned.

There isn't any contradiction in that passage to begin with. Are your reading skills that poor, or are you just copying and pasting arguments from the www.atheists.com website?

Good point.

redfern

By composing a point-by-point response? :AMR:

You are quite right. I need to be more selective in what I respond to. Accordingly, most of the fluff you post I will simply let dry up and blow away.

The challenge isn't vague. In fact, it isn't even a challenge. Your demand for a reason for belief can provide nothing of substance.

There is something in the Bible that I have heard called the great commission – in which Christ tells his followers to go into the world and teach others. I figured if 6days actually had something that proved to him that the Bible was “absolute truth”, then that is the kind of thing that should be equally convincing to others (even me). When I asked him what it was that proved the Bible was absolutely true, he said:
How do you determine any historical book or manuscript is true? Is it internally consistent? Is it supported by external sources? Is there archaeology that supports it?

I don’t see any difference between that and what a huge number of non-fiction book authors do, they try to diligently stick to what is known. But few authors would declare that assures their products are absolutely truth. Anytime you rely on people, for geographical information, for historical data, for any kind of data, there is the human element involved.

But if 6days has some more convincing argument – one that eliminates the limitations of human memory and judgement – I wonder why he didn’t put it forth in answer to my question. For years I (and a whole lot of others) have endeavored to measure what we know against the evidence, and generally do the things 6days mentions.

Maybe you and he just aren’t so much interested in spreading the good word after all.

With 6days, this is kinda like his recent silliness about perfect moon orbits, when pressed for specifics, he mumbles a little bit and then goes silent.

It's a worthless question founded on a logical fallacy.

Stripe is also the guru of logical fallacies? – nah, that is some of that fluff that I will ignore.

It doesn't matter what his reason for believing is; what matters is: Is it testable? Is it falsifiable?

Guru of logic? Nope, more fluff.

However, Darwinists love an argument over framing, because they can stay away from the evidence.

They might have a pill you can take each morning to alleviate your irrational fixation on Darwinism.

redfern

There's a movie I've seen a couple times. "Life is Beautiful." It's about a Jewish family under the reign of Italy's Nazi regime. I recommend it. You may have to read the English subtitles unless you speak Italian. Regardless, my point is that the Nazi propaganda was MASSIVELY Darwin, one of the historical details that is quite prevalent as within that movie. How does anyone get the idea that Nazi was not Evolutionist?
In all of this attention to the ways that Darwin’s ideas have been (mis)used in recent history, I fail to see that has anything to do with whether or not his ideas were essentially correct in explaining how life diversified in the past.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is something in the Bible that I have heard called the great commission – in which Christ tells his followers to go into the world and teach others.
Nope.

But nice try.

I figured if 6days actually had something that proved to him that the Bible was “absolute truth”, then that is the kind of thing that should be equally convincing to others (even me).
That was dumb of you.

When I asked him what it was that proved the Bible was absolutely true, he said:
Darwinists love "he said, I said" arguments. They hate going to the evidence.

Maybe you and he just aren’t so much interested in spreading the good word after all.
How about you engage rationally? The reason he believes has no effect on the veracity of what he believes. You're just desperate to maintain that your point is rational when it is clearly not.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is what's so fascinating about this subject and the fundamentalist creationists who engage in it...

Yet, 1) you can't show where rapid speciation is described in the Bible, and 2) your fellow creationist (Stripe) insists speciation never, ever happens.

Nevertheless, you keep repeating yourself as if nothing was wrong.

Yet you can't say what "genetic information" is or how to measure it.

Nevertheless, you keep repeating yourself as if nothing were wrong.

Dear Jose,

I think what 6days is trying to say is that God 'Created' separate species in a matter of minutes, as He formed all, fauna and flora combined. That's what I gather that he meant as far as 'speciation' even goes. I don't think that "speciation" is even a word.

Let God Reign In Your Heart, Instead Of The Devil,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you assume that God's purpose was for man to serve the planet, it makes no sense.

If you assume that God's purpose was for the planet to serve man, then it does make sense.

Dear Rosen,

You're doing an excellent job here, as well as Stripe and 6days! It's good to have someone help out. There are many hungry wolves, so us lambs have to be strong and undaunted! I don't know what I would do without you guys!! Thanks for being there for each other and for me!!

May God Always Fill Your Hearts With Love And Understanding,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope.

But nice try.

That was dumb of you.

Darwinists love "he said, I said" arguments. They hate going to the evidence.

How about you engage rationally? The reason he believes has no effect on the veracity of what he believes. You're just desperate to maintain that your point is rational when it is clearly not.

Dear Stripe,

It's good that you are keeping things in check! I'll try and see what I can do. Thanks for holding down the fort!! It's really good to have you working so hard! Gets frustrating, eh?

May Jesus Join You Very Soon!! He's Coming For Us Sheep!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Cadry:

Can you search FB for his e-mail address, full name and home city. You might be able to find something that way to help us know more.

Dear Stripe,

Sorry to get back to you so late on this. Sometimes I miss posts because you all post much, but I am just one person to read EVERYONE'S posts and to answer what I can. I will try to go back and see what else I can answer. It's already 4a.m. here. But I am a night owl. Still, I like to get to bed by dawn, or much sooner, if possible. Stripe, Alwight's info is private per your request.

God Bless You So Much For Caring!!

Michael

Last edited:

6days

In all of this attention to the ways that Darwin’s ideas have been (mis)used in recent history, I fail to see that has anything to do with whether or not his ideas were essentially correct in explaining how life diversified in the past.
Wow Red..... You have such a very blind faith.
Please consider.....
Darwin was wrong about natural selection
Darwin made the mistake of unbounded extrapolation. He said "Slow though the process of selection may be, if feeble man can do much by his powers of artificial selection, I see no limit to the amount of change...by natures power of selection". (Breeders understand there are limits to selection) Funny and sad, but Darwin believed given enough time nature could change a bear into a whale.
Lynn Margulis, evolutionary biologist and one time wife of Carl Sagan explained that natural selection can elimininate...it can not create.
Anyways... Darwin was wrong about what selection can do. It helps to preserve life forms but can't create.

Darwin was wrong about the tree of life
In 2009, the cover of New Scientist says "Darwin was Wrong...cutting down the tree of life"
The latest research shows Darwin's tree is collapsing.
One of the scientists interviewed in that article W.F.Doolittle was also published in Scientific American (Feb 2000) saying the imagined tree of life is a tangled mess.

Darwin was wrong about Nature of Life.
Darwin thought life was simple..(.it 'ain't'. A single cell* can be compared to a huge city with manufacturing plants, busy highways, side streets., workers etc. Its information system is like the internet. A single cell has an energy system like a city's energy grid. And... This 'city' has a design that allows rapid duplication.).... Darwin said "But if we could conceive in some warm little pond, with all sorts of ammonia and phosphoric salts (These are all over the world) light, heat, electricity ETC...that a protein (Ha, Darwin had no idea how complex a protein is) compound was chemically formed ready to undergo still more complex changes"
Darwin said "If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down. But I can find out no such case"
Darwin was wrong because he didn't know anything about genetics or modern biology.

Darwin was wrong about Science
Darwin was mostly a philosopher, not a scientist. Darwin was not an experimental scientist. (some experiments with worms and ants because he wanted to explain human behavior through naturalism). **Darwin's only degree was in theology and he*was committed to philosophical naturalism...not the scientific method. He started with a pre-determined position. Darwin's conclusions were usually based on extrapolations of huge amounts of time.

Darwin was wrong about Geology
Darwin wrote that the Santa Cruz river valley was formed by small amounts of water over vast amounts of time.* He used this valley to support his belief in deep deep time. (He sort of took that belief and said humans evolved one mutation at a time, over almost endless time). But the Santa Cruz river valley leads down from the Andes Mountains, glaciers and glacial lakes and the valley was almost certainly a result of catastrophic flooding of a galacial lake at the end of the ice age.

Darwin was wrong about the fossils
Actually.... Darwin was at least partially correct about the fossil record because he said it essentially falsified the ToE
Darwin said...
Re Cambrian explosion "To the question why we do not find rich fossiliferous deposits belonging to these assumed earliest periods prior to the Cambrian system I can give no satisfactory answer..." Darwin understood the sudden emergence of diversity of life did not fit his model.
Re Stasis, Darwin said that the most eminent paleontologists and geologists (Cuvier, Agassiz, Barrande Lyell, Sedgewick and more) argue for the immutability of species.
That is not to say that animals don't change...but they remain the same kind. Darwin admitted animals remain same kind by saying "Why then is not every geological stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps is the most obvious and serious objection which can be urged against the theory."
Darwin was wrong when he suggested that more time and more fossils would support his theory.* Billions of fossils have now been collected to give us a fairly accurate picture. The transitionals Darwin hoped for are missing.
Stephen Jay Gould says "The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret pf paleontology...."
Or from a couple other famous evolutionists...
Eldredge and Tattersall "...120 years of paleontological research later, it has become abundantly clear that the fossil record will not confirm this part of Darwin's predictions..."

Darwin was also wrong about God
Darwin turned his back on God, rejecting Him and blaming God for evil.
Darwin said "A being so powerful and so full of knowledge as a God...it revolts the understanding to suppose that his benevolence is not unbounded, for what advantage can there be in the sufferings of millions of the lower animals throughout almost endless time" . (Autobiography of Charles Darwin 'Religious Belief')
Darwin was influenced by evolutionary teaching of his grandfather, church and school to accept that there was death, pain, suffering and evil before the fall. Or, rather it is a rejection of the Bibles account of the fall

Darwinism is a toxic, blind faith system that has hindered science and harmed millions of people.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dear Stripe,

Sorry to get back to you so late on this. Sometimes I miss posts because you all post much, but I am just one person to read EVERYONE'S posts and to answer what I can. I will try to go back and see what else I can answer. It's already 4a.m. here. But I am a night owl. Still, I like to get to bed by dawn, or much sooner, if possible. Stripe, Alwight's info is below. I've had the info for a long time now.

Alwight's email address is:

His full name is and he livesd. I know a lot more, but nothing that would help except he just quit posting me back suddenly, a FEW months after the doctor said he had TWO months to live. We were posting to each other every day until he quit suddenly. I'd like to "err" on the "Life" side, but my wisdom and train of correct thought is that he has passed away. It's been too long for him to still be alive and he was a goner because of that Chemo that he had done. I say they cut out the part of the colon that was cancerous and sewed it up using a colostomy bag. He still had the bag the last time I talked with him. He lived longer than the two months. My Dad died of cancer also and he didn't have a long time with it. I don't suppose Al should be any different.

God Bless You So Much For Caring!!

Michael
:doh:

Dude.

You don't post people's personal details no matter how dead you think they are.

You want to report him dead, look for confirmation. Don't pass it on to me. And go delete those details from your post.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Good Morning, 6days,

I was about to tell redfern that we know the Bible is ALL the ABSOLUTE TRUTH because, if there were anything in error within it, Jesus would have told us and corrected us. And we can know by what is written in Rev. 22:18-19KJV, that not a word is wrong in it. If you want to write your own book explaining your own personal experience with God or angels, you do it in your own book. The only thing that I do is confirm that those things which God said He would do in the latter days have been accomplished. Most everything is accomplished by God already, and nobody realizes it because it was in symbolic Biblical verses. The only thing that hasn't happened yet is that the two witnesses have not died yet, the seventh angel hasn't sounded yet, and certain earthquakes, great hail, more fires, and a localized flood of the L.A./Hollywood area. There is one thing that hasn't happened that I am not at liberty to say. It's God's Trump card. And one other quick situation that I can't mention. That's about it. It is written in Rev. 10:7KJV, 'and the seventh angel sounded' and 'the mystery of God shall be finished, as He hath declared to His servants, the prophets.' Please see those verses for a more complete quote. I am just telling you which Bible verse it is by heart, but I don't have the whole verse memorized. I also know that the Bible is the 'absolute truth' from personal experience that is solid proof, but it is a private matter that I cannot divulge because it is sensitive and incredible. Well, good to chat with you. Hope you get a chance to read this this Saturday!!

Let Us Praise Our Omnipotent God,

Michael

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Come again? Have you read the gospels? The original gospel of Jesus did rely on the Old Testament as its foundation of authority.

Luke 4:17-21 KJV
(17) And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
(18) The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
(19) To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
(20) And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
(21) And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

But not his authority, and the same scripture books were used to reject Jesus by the anal retentive theology lawyers. The Authority of the Son of God was within himself. Jesus chose "truths" from the scriptures and left the errors to die.

“What sign can You show us to prove Your authority to do these things.”

Jesus answered, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again.”

He did and he left and went back to his rightful place. The Jews had false ideas about a Messiah.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No, Jesus used the scripture to reject the Pharisees.

John 10:33-36 KJV
(33) The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
(34) Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
(35) If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
(36) Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Psalms 82:6-8 KJV
(6) I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
(7) But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
(8) Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Jesus always used the scripture as authority, he did not attack the use of scripture or dismiss scripture. In the example above, given that he'd already said that he was the judge of the world (John 5:22, 27) he also used the passage not only to identify himself as God, but also to remind the Pharisees who would be judging whom in the judgment, that they may be "gods" today but they would also die as men.

I do agree in one sense, while the Hebrew Holy men redacted older scripture books and grossly exaggerated their secular history, in doing so they obviously kept many spiritual truths and prophecies. I've always maintained Jesus took what was true and left the rest. John the Baptist even had false ideas about "the coming wrath" or destruction of the world.

I will let the Jews explain to you why they reject Jesus using the so called inerrant word of God in their Bible.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/jewsandjesus/

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:doh:

Dude.

You don't post people's personal details no matter how dead you think they are.

You want to report him dead, look for confirmation. Don't pass it on to me. And go delete those details from your post.

Dear Stripe,

I have done as you ask. I had a pact with Alan that he should post to me every day to let me know he was still alright and alive. He quit, so what am I suppose to expect? And when I die, I don't care who knows my info. It won't matter whatsoever. I've done enough confirmation. Now, I have to get to bed because Morning Has Broken here. Have a wonderful day and Make It Count!!

Thanks, Stripe!

Michael

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Moses (the great reformer) wrote a consistent story for edification of his followers who had many older beliefs.

In Babylon the Hebrew priest revamped and expanded upon Mosses writings for the same reasons, a story for public consumption. They were books for spiritual instruction.

After the return, later generations of the elite priest class derived their authority from the scriptures and taught the common Jew that those books came from God. The Christian church did the same and for the same reason.

Therefore, Bible believers don't look at the facts of the material world and draw conclusions, they first take the Bible as the absolute truth, then sort out, bend and distort findings to fit their agenda.

There is a solution to our impass, just realize that God created life through the proses of experiential, fostered evolution, characterized by "sudden" mutations.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But not his authority, and the same scripture books were used to reject Jesus by the anal retentive theology lawyers. The Authority of the Son of God was within himself. Jesus chose "truths" from the scriptures and left the errors to die.

“What sign can You show us to prove Your authority to do these things.”

Jesus answered, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again.”

He did and he left and went back to his rightful place. The Jews had false ideas about a Messiah.

Dear Caino,

You're nuts to say that Jesus chose truths and left the rest to die. I am tired and have to go to bed. But I will say that the Jews had the right ideas about Jesus' Second Coming, but not His first. So they were wrong in a way. But I will explain later, when I come back to this later today. I will write this post no. down to be sure.

Much Love, In Christ's Example,

Michael

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Actually Jesus chose all scripture from the first prophet to the last in the OT(Luke 11:50,51) Jesus also said that if you reject what Moses wrote...you don't and won't know Him.

Luke 11:50-51English Standard Version (ESV)

"so that the blood of all the prophets, shed from the foundation of the world, may be charged against this generation, from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who perished between the altar and the sanctuary. Yes, I tell you, it will be required of this generation."

That doesn't say what you so desperately want it to say. An honest person can see that. In fact the prophets, just like Jesus, were mistreated by the same kind of priest class that redacted and authored the Bible books.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Dear Caino,

You're nuts to say that Jesus chose truths and left the rest to die. I am tired and have to go to bed. But I will say that the Jews had the right ideas about Jesus' Second Coming, but not His first. So they were wrong in a way. But I will explain later, when I come back to this later today. I will write this post no. down to be sure.

Much Love, In Christ's Example,

Michael

Psalms 2:9

6Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. 7I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. 10Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. 11Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. 12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

And you are right Michael, the Jews (and their Bible) had some things wrong.

You have faith, you are already saved, put your faith squarely in God and realize that anything touched by man can be imperfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.