Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Semi-pelagian/pelagian arminians are delusional control freaks. They have bought the lie that they are the masters of their own fate, they are the captain of their own ship, they are sovereign over their own lives and that if someone is saved, it is because while unregenerate, they, as a conscious act of their will, do the righteous thing to decide to do good and choose God, thus, they are in control and their salvation is determined by and dependent on them as an act of their unregenerate will doing the righteous thing to choose God. And thus they reject the Divine Sovereign Free Will of God in Election to choose whom He will have mercy on before the foundation of the cosmos.

It's funny how Pelagianism was universally deemed heretical, but the Catholic Church along with these Arminian inspired sects are definitively 'semi-Pelagian'- they don't mind being 'semi-heretical' :AMR:

That's basically the point of view a Calvinist sees them, which they refuse to acknowledge.

theophilus

Christ and His Disciples ONLY preached "The Kingdom Message" to the House of Israel.

Please help me understand...

...if what you have said is true, then

1. Why are these things (essentially the Gospels) even in MY New Testament?

when

2. No Jew or Israelite would EVER be caught dead reading this same New Testament for fear of incurring the wrath of God?

Is God hiding something from His chosen people by hiding them where they would never look?

Doesn't that make Him some kind of cosmic Trickster?

:idunno:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I find that nauseating.

You find it 'nauseating' that the moon and stars reflect God's glory but not His elect who are the apple of His eye?

Good to know.

The truth is that those as yourself simply hate wisdom and thought- you are brainwashed by your own narrow falsehood.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Please help me understand...

...if what you have said is true, then

1. Why are these things (essentially the Gospels) even in MY New Testament?

when

2. No Jew or Israelite would EVER be caught dead reading this same New Testament for fear of incurring the wrath of God?

Is God hiding something from His chosen people by hiding them where they would never look?

Doesn't that make Him some kind of cosmic Trickster?

:idunno:

Figure it out for yourself.

Rosenritter

If you actually took the time to study Calvin's literature, you'd realize how little you know about the scriptures to be perfectly honest. With the way you all go about it, it's apparent that your beliefs are utterly arbitrary.

I've read some of Calvin's literature. An English translation from the French. He was halfway raging and didn't seem to have any shame at how biased his arguments were. For example, when arguing against something, he admitted that he never bothered to read his opponents or ask them what they actually thought. He just launched attacks against them anyway. But I have to say, that seems to be consistent between Calvin then and practiced Calvinism that I see today.

Rosenritter

Complete conjecture.

Read.

Matthew: 23. 13. But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

But isn't that the essence of Calvinism? Shutting up the kingdom of heaven against men, entering not in themselves (because they feel no love or compassion for mankind as God wills, and they will not repent unless they think God makes them) and not suffering those who would want to enter in?

Rosenritter

This one scripture refutes Arminianism:

Mark 14:22 While they were eating, He took some bread, and after a blessing He broke it, and gave it to them, and said, “Take it; this is My body.” 23 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, and they all drank from it. 24 And He said to them, “This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many."

Right our of our Savior's mouth.

1. What is Arminianism?
2. How does that passage refuse Arminianism?
3. Why is Arminianism relevant? The subject was Calvinism.

Rosenritter

Can you name one person in the Bible who came to God on their own accord?

None of them chose of their 'free will' to be of God- He either rolled up on them, or had others through His providence bring them forward :wave2:

Does it count if I don't know their names? Here's TWO examples.

Matthew 8:1-10 KJV
(1) When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him.
(2) And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
(3) And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
(4) And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

That's ONE.

(5) And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,
(6) And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
(7) And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
(8) The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
(9) For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
(10) When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

That's TWO.

Both came to God of their own accord. The leper worshiped him. Jesus marveled at the faith of the centurion. What were their names? Can't tell you. Jesus knows their names. That's enough.

Rosenritter

So the entire earth was engulfed in famine in the days of Claudius Caesar? (Acts 11:28).

Exactly how tall was that mountain atop which Our Lord stood to see the entire globe at once? (Matthew 4:8)

And so Caesar Augustus conducted a registration of the entire earth? (Luke 2:1)

Must have been crowded during our Lord's Triumphal Entry when all the planet came out to see Him. (John 12:19)

:AMR:

AMR

Must be that only the elect were engulfed in famine!

Must be that Jesus could only see a few scattered houses of the view from the mountain!

Caesar must have ordered a registration of only every fifth person in his domain!

Wow, it's amazing at how stupid some of these Calvinist defenses can get. The word "world" is inclusive within all possible reach. It's not "Where's Waldo." AMR would be smarter than this if this were about any other subject other than religion.

Rosenritter

Not one scripture says that the word world means all humanity. Please show me the scripture that says that.

Psalms 9:7-8 KJV
(7) But the LORD shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment.
(8) And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

( See also 2 Timothy 4:1, 1 Peter 4:5 )

Hebrews 12:22-23 KJV

(22) But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
(23) To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

World means all men. God shall judge the world, God shall judge the quick and the dead, God is the judge of all.

Rosenritter

You don't believe that Jesus is God?

Jesus said, "For if you believe not that I am he (God) you will die in your sins" John 8:24.

Revelation 1:17-18 KJV
(17) And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
(18) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 21:5-7 KJV
(5) And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
(6) And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
(7) He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Revelation 22:13-16 KJV
(13) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
(14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
(15) For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
(16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Isaiah 44:6 KJV
(6) Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Marhig, Jesus directly calls himself God using the most potent titles in the Old Testament. He says he is the LORD your God, he says that he will be the God of those that overcome. There is no other God. Regardless of what impressions you may have had earlier, or what analogies were used, when Jesus speaks here He is direct and absolute.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Does it count if I don't know their names? Here's TWO examples.

Matthew 8:1-10 KJV
(1) When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him.
(2) And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
(3) And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
(4) And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

That's ONE.

(5) And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,
(6) And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
(7) And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
(8) The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
(9) For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
(10) When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

That's TWO.

Both came to God of their own accord. The leper worshiped him. Jesus marveled at the faith of the centurion. What were their names? Can't tell you. Jesus knows their names. That's enough.

Good post

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I've read some of Calvin's literature. An English translation from the French. He was halfway raging and didn't seem to have any shame at how biased his arguments were. For example, when arguing against something, he admitted that he never bothered to read his opponents or ask them what they actually thought. He just launched attacks against them anyway. But I have to say, that seems to be consistent between Calvin then and practiced Calvinism that I see today.

That's because he was too busy burning them at the stake.

beloved57

Psalms 9:7-8 KJV
(7) But the LORD shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment.
(8) And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

( See also 2 Timothy 4:1, 1 Peter 4:5 )

Hebrews 12:22-23 KJV

(22) But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
(23) To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

World means all men. God shall judge the world, God shall judge the quick and the dead, God is the judge of all.

Again, not one scripture says world means all humanity. Those scriptures have nothing to do with Salvation, who Christ died for. Thats the context of my statement.