Town Quixote's

Sigh

is this how to post now? So bizarre. Especially after reading the last five or so posts of Towns! My head is spinning. You know, apparently if you leave this place and try functioning in the real world (or mine anyway) and then come back here it feels a bit like being dropped in the middle of the mix master - a crazy high speed mulitlaned race track with multiple on off entrances and exits intended only for the very fastest masquerading as a freeway in Dallas. Smiling big now, I think I wrote a funny! Hi Town and all.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
is this how to post now? So bizarre. Especially after reading the last five or so posts of Towns! My head is spinning. You know, apparently if you leave this place and try functioning in the real world (or mine anyway) and then come back here it feels a bit like being dropped in the middle of the mix master - a crazy high speed mulitlaned race track with multiple on off entrances and exits intended only for the very fastest masquerading as a freeway in Dallas. Smiling big now, I think I wrote a funny! Hi Town and all.
Hi Sigh !! What was your name before, I forgot.

Sigh

Also, what does thanking me mean? Money? Food? Reputation? Sincerely glad I came here feeling all squirrelly in a big dog park?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
HI Patrick, as the saying goes if I'm that easy to forget, I'd rather throw things at you than tell you. But did someone say Rusha is MIA? Has anyone checked on her?
Yes, we send her msg's and some gals email her. You are not being fair to me Sigh

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
HI Patrick, as the saying goes if I'm that easy to forget, I'd rather throw things at you than tell you. But did someone say Rusha is MIA? Has anyone checked on her?
Rusha is fine. She simply had enough of some of the wanna be Inquisition types around here and took her talents to South Beach...well, somewhere else anyway. At least for the foreseeable. She's fine.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
on Friday

Talked disorders with anna...
...I read somewhere...I think it was on the Mayo Clinic website, that schoolyard bullies have much higher incidences of that particular disorder.

To be diagnosed the individual has to be 18, but the the personality traits and impairments have to be stable across time and consistent across situations, so it's reasonable to see a history of adolescent conduct disorder.
So then...hold the Mayo then. :eek:

After I said that I'd never really warmed to Cruz, a contrary wackadoodle opined...

Kinda hard to "warm" up to someone who stands for Godly values isn't it?
No, but it's hard to find someone in Washington who appears to live up to all that standing around...On Cruz, it's hard to warm up to a man who sells his principles for gain and/or expediency...a man who genuflects to a fellow who insulted his wife. That sort of thing.

You're about two posts away from making ignorant into a verb. :plain:

And then, oddly...
I would have never known that prior to Ted Cruz's endorsement of Donald Trump (yesterday) that you were a Ted Cruz fan.
What part of "I never warmed to Cruz" appeared to you, in a flash of insight, to indicate that I'd ever been a fan. :plain:

Continued to discuss Hillary with rm...
So you assert the above for her resume certainly not for any positive achievement,
No, that wouldn't be accurate. Any number of actions she took and things noted on that list are demonstrably positive achievements...if you feed, clothe and help those in need and your inner man is all about being seen doing that, well, it doesn't erase the good you do, it only robs you of any greater reward, depth and understanding.

My problem with Hillary is similar to Trump. I get the impression that when she does the right thing it's often calculated for the leverage it can buy her and the impression it can make. I think that, like her opponent, she is arrogantly hypocritical and I don't trust her to do what's best when it matters. I trust her to do what's expedient. That's not presidential timber, to my mind.

anything the woman has ever done has been for herself or the almighty dollar, and she was willing to do anything by hook or crook to make it happen.
The same was said of LBJ. And it seemed, often enough, to be true. He came from a corrupt political background. As did Truman, comes to that. And both did really remarkable things that served the nation anyway.

And...
...]Funny you bring up LBJ because that is exactly who she reminds me of politically speaking and if expanding the welfare state and keeping minorities on the public dole instead of empowering them with education and employment opportunities is what you call a win or a great work than LBJ was your guy or Hillary is your gal, that in and of itself is racism & oppression.
LBJ saw to the passage of the first The Civil Rights Act. That was an uncommon good that marked the beginning of the slow, but steady dismantling of a systematic oppression and a national, moral evil. Within a year of its signing 60% of segregated schools in the South and border states were in compliance. Even more important was the Voting Rights Act that followed. The 68 Act followed that, to end in housing what had begun to end in education.

Those were actual, definable and good measures. What particular measures and programs do you lay at his feet in the negative? Beyond that question, LBJ was every bad thing I noted prior. That's not an ends/means advance, but it is an illustration that imperfect people can sometimes surprise you, profoundly. So the man who was willing to allow slavery ended slavery and a politician who for decades had sneered at a movement became a patron saint of equality before the law.

That may be the only hope in this election, whichever way it falls.

Then a continental wombat was back with...
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
So we can both agree that Ted Cruz's stance on traditional marriage and keeping child molesting drag queens out of women's restrooms had an impact on you?
No...In fact, I've had problems with the restroom business and been against the idea here and elsewhere, for a number of actual reasons that don't have anything to do with name calling. Traditional marriage is just a large circle pretending not to be what it so obviously is, a nod to religious orthodoxy that cannot govern the law in a secular republic.

I bet that you get even more frustrated when someone laughs in your face (kinda like what I'm doing now).
I don't believe anyone ever has...though a few have talked about it from a distance. :plain: You know, the internet he-men club. ;)

Meanwhile, in the BLM thread...
If black on white crimes are justified,
Which no one here is arguing.

then white on black crimes are justified
Which no one here has concluded.

- and if one isn't justified then neither is the other.
Right. Welcome to rational ground zero. Try building something on this foundation.

Jz tried a well worn bit of misdirection...
Yes, white lives do matter. But they do not matter any more or less than any other lives. #alllivesmatter
Like suggesting, when someone points out an endangered species, that the most heavily populated species also has value. Sure, but it doesn't have the other problem, the actual point of protest.

Tried to address two birds with one post...
I will believe what my own eyes see and agree with angel.
That's not uncommon. People rely on the anecdotal all the time to establish bias or confirm it. It's bad science that begs for mistaken conclusion, but it's understandable. I'm not trying to take a shot at Angel or anyone I think is missing the mark here. I'm less interested in the politics of personality and more interested in discussing the thing people who spend most of their time deriding the movement rarely even note, the point and the reason it came into being in the first place and what the response to it should be...

Cruc brought back a tarnished oldie...
BLM...have never one time done something without illicit antics, ever.
What the Sam Hill is that even supposed to mean? Illicit antics? Is this your way of slathering something in negativity by insisting any action be valued according to some subjective metric you don't fully articulate? :plain:

You could call civil, peaceful protest an illicit act if it runs afoul of the traditional, without it actually crossing a single ethical or legal line.

One is simply being dishonest when they imply that the overwhelming majority of them aren't just trouble makers with no good cause.
I don't think anyone has been talking about "trouble making" which is another subjective litmus and one with a rich history where race is concerned. The Civil Rights Movement caused all sorts of trouble for racists...I think that was a good thing. If this movement causes abusive and inequitable practice to be dealt with that will be a worthwhile outcome for the Republic too, even if it upsets a few people. If you don't think addressing inequity in the application of law as it involves blacks is a good cause, then you're a bigot. If you think the laws of the land should be applied without regard for race and that ending practices that move the margin otherwise is a good idea, you have a problem in your rhetoric and thinking (as expressed above).

Either way it isn't going well for you.

Tomorrow? Fighting words, old horses and fish singing in the morning tides (really). :)

ClimateSanity

old horses and fish singing in the morning tides..

By TH

Nothing comes up in a Google search. If it's original with you, what does it mean?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
On Friday's Wrap and associated...

Watch it aCW, Town is 6'6" and full of muscle -
6'3" and change and fifteen stone.

I don't follow this thread
He wrote...in the thread. :plain:

Does he always talk to himself?
I take intelligent conversation where I find it. So, as long as you're the option, probably yes.

old horses and fish singing in the morning tides. Nothing comes up in a Google search. If it's original with you, what does it mean?
Foreshadowing. What usually happens is this runs sequentially. That's why it ends, "Tomorrow?" Sometimes there's a funny buried in it. The old horse is to figure. The singing fish is actually literal and will probably be in the next one. I read about it in a science journal and posted it in one of anna's threads.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'll address this and then leave you to your muttering:

No...In fact, I've had problems with the restroom business and been against the idea here and elsewhere, for a number of actual reasons that don't have anything to do with name calling.

So you're really not hip on the "T" in the LGBT acronym. You know that transvestites and genital mutilators have rights too (according to the LGBTQ movement). Take for instance a 'married' homosexual couple where the 'wife' (who is a male) dresses in women's clothing and plays the role of a female. Which restroom, locker room and fitting room should that terribly confused individual use?

Traditional marriage is just a large circle pretending not to be what it so obviously is, a nod to religious orthodoxy that cannot govern the law in a secular republic.

Besides talking about the nucleus of a society (which traditional marriage is, i.e. everything revolves around the traditional family) we're talking about people (homosexuals) who sometime in their life became psychologically, physically and spiritually damaged due to a traumatic incident or incidents (sexual molestation, abusive parent, etc.). A sane society helps these lost souls with their moral confusion, it doesn't allow them to redefine an institution as important as marriage.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'll address this and then leave you to your muttering:
Man, do you stink at not reading me. :eek: Well, if you're not going to answer I'm not going to waste any more time reading beyond the intro.

So you also stink at being read. :e4e: Though to be fair, the place to answer or continue the discussion is in the actual thread where it was taking place and I wouldn't have continued it here anyway.

Friday's Wrap repeat:

[FONT=&quot]The Wrap
on Friday[/FONT]

Talked disorders with anna...
...I read somewhere...I think it was on the Mayo Clinic website, that schoolyard bullies have much higher incidences of that particular disorder.

To be diagnosed the individual has to be 18, but the the personality traits and impairments have to be stable across time and consistent across situations, so it's reasonable to see a history of adolescent conduct disorder.
So then...hold the Mayo then. :eek:

After I said that I'd never really warmed to Cruz, a contrary wackadoodle opined...

Kinda hard to "warm" up to someone who stands for Godly values isn't it?
No, but it's hard to find someone in Washington who appears to live up to all that standing around...On Cruz, it's hard to warm up to a man who sells his principles for gain and/or expediency...a man who genuflects to a fellow who insulted his wife. That sort of thing.

You're about two posts away from making ignorant into a verb. :plain:

And then, oddly...
I would have never known that prior to Ted Cruz's endorsement of Donald Trump (yesterday) that you were a Ted Cruz fan.
What part of "I never warmed to Cruz" appeared to you, in a flash of insight, to indicate that I'd ever been a fan. :plain:

Continued to discuss Hillary with rm...
So you assert the above for her resume certainly not for any positive achievement,
No, that wouldn't be accurate. Any number of actions she took and things noted on that list are demonstrably positive achievements...if you feed, clothe and help those in need and your inner man is all about being seen doing that, well, it doesn't erase the good you do, it only robs you of any greater reward, depth and understanding.

My problem with Hillary is similar to Trump. I get the impression that when she does the right thing it's often calculated for the leverage it can buy her and the impression it can make. I think that, like her opponent, she is arrogantly hypocritical and I don't trust her to do what's best when it matters. I trust her to do what's expedient. That's not presidential timber, to my mind.

anything the woman has ever done has been for herself or the almighty dollar, and she was willing to do anything by hook or crook to make it happen.
The same was said of LBJ. And it seemed, often enough, to be true. He came from a corrupt political background. As did Truman, comes to that. And both did really remarkable things that served the nation anyway.

And...
...]Funny you bring up LBJ because that is exactly who she reminds me of politically speaking and if expanding the welfare state and keeping minorities on the public dole instead of empowering them with education and employment opportunities is what you call a win or a great work than LBJ was your guy or Hillary is your gal, that in and of itself is racism & oppression.
LBJ saw to the passage of the first The Civil Rights Act. That was an uncommon good that marked the beginning of the slow, but steady dismantling of a systematic oppression and a national, moral evil. Within a year of its signing 60% of segregated schools in the South and border states were in compliance. Even more important was the Voting Rights Act that followed. The 68 Act followed that, to end in housing what had begun to end in education.

Those were actual, definable and good measures. What particular measures and programs do you lay at his feet in the negative? Beyond that question, LBJ was every bad thing I noted prior. That's not an ends/means advance, but it is an illustration that imperfect people can sometimes surprise you, profoundly. So the man who was willing to allow slavery ended slavery and a politician who for decades had sneered at a movement became a patron saint of equality before the law.

That may be the only hope in this election, whichever way it falls.

Then a continental wombat was back with...
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
So we can both agree that Ted Cruz's stance on traditional marriage and keeping child molesting drag queens out of women's restrooms had an impact on you?
No...In fact, I've had problems with the restroom business and been against the idea here and elsewhere, for a number of actual reasons that don't have anything to do with name calling. Traditional marriage is just a large circle pretending not to be what it so obviously is, a nod to religious orthodoxy that cannot govern the law in a secular republic.

I bet that you get even more frustrated when someone laughs in your face (kinda like what I'm doing now).
I don't believe anyone ever has...though a few have talked about it from a distance. :plain: You know, the internet he-men club. ;)

Meanwhile, in the BLM thread...
If black on white crimes are justified,
Which no one here is arguing.

then white on black crimes are justified
Which no one here has concluded.

- and if one isn't justified then neither is the other.
Right. Welcome to rational ground zero. Try building something on this foundation.

Jz tried a well worn bit of misdirection...
Yes, white lives do matter. But they do not matter any more or less than any other lives. #alllivesmatter
Like suggesting, when someone points out an endangered species, that the most heavily populated species also has value. Sure, but it doesn't have the other problem, the actual point of protest.

Tried to address two birds with one post...
I will believe what my own eyes see and agree with angel.
That's not uncommon. People rely on the anecdotal all the time to establish bias or confirm it. It's bad science that begs for mistaken conclusion, but it's understandable. I'm not trying to take a shot at Angel or anyone I think is missing the mark here. I'm less interested in the politics of personality and more interested in discussing the thing people who spend most of their time deriding the movement rarely even note, the point and the reason it came into being in the first place and what the response to it should be...

Cruc brought back a tarnished oldie...
BLM...have never one time done something without illicit antics, ever.
What the Sam Hill is that even supposed to mean? Illicit antics? Is this your way of slathering something in negativity by insisting any action be valued according to some subjective metric you don't fully articulate? :plain:

You could call civil, peaceful protest an illicit act if it runs afoul of the traditional, without it actually crossing a single ethical or legal line.

One is simply being dishonest when they imply that the overwhelming majority of them aren't just trouble makers with no good cause.
I don't think anyone has been talking about "trouble making" which is another subjective litmus and one with a rich history where race is concerned. The Civil Rights Movement caused all sorts of trouble for racists...I think that was a good thing. If this movement causes abusive and inequitable practice to be dealt with that will be a worthwhile outcome for the Republic too, even if it upsets a few people. If you don't think addressing inequity in the application of law as it involves blacks is a good cause, then you're a bigot. If you think the laws of the land should be applied without regard for race and that ending practices that move the margin otherwise is a good idea, you have a problem in your rhetoric and thinking (as expressed above).

Either way it isn't going well for you.

Tomorrow? Fighting words, old horses and fish singing in the morning tides (really). :)

Sigh

What was your name? I won't forget this time. Spitfire?

Ok, let me understand this. The only person actually talking to me is the one who has no idea who I am? Pardon me but that's a bit troubling, yeah? Spitfire? Is she MIA? I can't hardly navigate with this tinyteenytweeny phone and this unfamiliar setup. Only one thing can be said : Sigh.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Ok, let me understand this. The only person actually talking to me is the one who has no idea who I am? Pardon me but that's a bit troubling, yeah? Spitfire? Is she MIA? I can't hardly navigate with this tinyteenytweeny phone and this unfamiliar setup. Only one thing can be said : Sigh.
Hi rainee !!!! :wave2:

Sigh

I remember rainee, she was my favorite poster of all times !!

Dear Patrick, I appreciate that you mightve wanted to pull my leg like you didn't know who I was but in truth we still don't know each other. And thank you for the compliment. Should we get mad at each other at least know I'm here because I got nowhere else to go. My mom's in a serious way in hospital and when she comes home I hope to help care for her. Dad's with her now. So Patrick, compliments or fights it's all just coming here cuz it's where I came before, like an old horse... but don't call me nag, not yet anyway.