Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

KingdomRose

God the Father came as a Son.

Many scriptures say Jesus is God.

1 Timothy 6:15
which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

Now read this next scripture, it says that the Lamb, Jesus Christ, is the Lord of lords and the kings of kings.

Revelation 17:14
They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

So if Jesus is not God the Father, how then is there TWO different King of kings and Lord of Lords?

That is ridiculous. God the Father stayed in heaven while His Son came to the earth. Didn't you realize that Jesus prayed to the Father who was IN HEAVEN? The Father said, FROM HEAVEN, that Jesus was His beloved Son...how could Jesus BE the Father? (Matthew 3:16,17)

Where do you get this idea that GOD is the rider on the white horse at Revelation 19:11-16? It says he is "the Word of God," not God.

Also....and it takes spiritual maturity to understand this....both Jehovah and Jesus are called "King of kings & Lord of lords" because Jehovah (the Father) is the Most High and therefore superior to everyone. Jesus is given those titles also because he is the Father's means of ruling the earth for a thousand years, having all people in subjection to him as King and Lord. The Father GAVE him that position.

When the Millennial Rule is over, the scripture says: "Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as kind until God has put all enemies under his feet....When all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One [the Father] who subjected all things to him, that God [the Father] may be all things to everyone." (I Corinthians 15:24-28)

Got it? Jesus is not the Father.

God's Truth

That is ridiculous. God the Father stayed in heaven while His Son came to the earth.

There are three.

Didn't you realize that Jesus prayed to the Father who was IN HEAVEN? The Father said, FROM HEAVEN, that Jesus was His beloved Son...how could Jesus BE the Father? (Matthew 3:16,17
Who do you want God the Man to pray to?

Where do you get this idea that GOD is the rider on the white horse at Revelation 19:11-16? It says he is "the Word of God," not God.

Okay, so you bring up the Rider on the horse. I would like to talk about that intently.

My next post will be to you to discuss the Rider on the horse with me.

God's Truth

The sword of the Spirit is the word of God; see Ephesians 6:17

“Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”

Again, the SWORD is the Word of God who is Jesus.

The Spirit is holding the Sword. The Spirit is the Rider on the Horse. Jesus is that Rider, and the Rider is called the Word of God.

Jesus is the Word of God. See John 1:1.

Jesus and the SWORD are called the WORD OF GOD, and so is the Rider.

The WORD of God is God; see John 1:1.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus’ name is the Word of God, see Revelation 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

HE, JESUS, the Word of God is wearing the robe dipped in blood, he is the Rider on the horse and that Rider is the SPIRIT.

Remember, the SWORD is JESUS (the Word of God) coming from the RIDER (the Spirit) who is JESUS, the Word of God.

Revelation 19:15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

John 6:63 The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

Jesus' words are full of the Spirit.

The Sword is the Word of God and is full of the Spirit.

God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit are all the same.

God's Truth

Since there is ONLY ONE DIVINE SPIRIT, and the SPIRIT IS GOD, and since the Rider on the horse is the Spirit, who is Jesus Christ---that makes it clear that Jesus is God the Father.

God's Truth

There is only one Spirit. Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

KingdomRose

Reply to post #5284 by GodsTruth:

So you're supporting your outrageous idea that Jesus is the Father with John 1:1? Don't you do research? Haven't you learned yet that John didn't write in Greek that "the Word was God"? The rules for translating from Greek to English are specific and well-known. Translators use the indefinite article consistently throughout Scripture except at John 1:1c. Greek doesn't contain indefinite articles, so we have to put in "a" or "an" to make the sentence conform to what the writer meant. Instead of "Snoopy is dog," in English we would say "Snoopy is a dog." So instead of "the Word is god," (where there is no definite article like there is in John 1:1b) we have to say "the Word is a god." Do some research on definite and indefinite articles and how they are used in translating the Bible.

There was no problem with people in John's audience understanding what he meant by saying "the Word was a god." That title was assigned to many important and powerful individuals, including judges, kings, governors, and angels. When the Pharisees accused Jesus of claiming to be God, he refuted them by reminding them of the fact that powerful individuals were called "gods" so what was the big deal, and besides that, he said that he was, not God, but God's Son. (John 10:34-36)

So leaning on John 1:1 will get you nowhere. It doesn't mean what you think it does, because you don't know anything about translating from Greek to English.

Jesus never taught that the Father, the Holy Spirit and himself were all the same. Show where he says that he is the same as all three of the Trinity, clearly. Such a strange doctrine would have been such a big deal to the people of that time that it would be taught very plainly and emphatically, not vaguely.

KingdomRose

The sword of the Spirit is the word of God; see Ephesians 6:17

“Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”

Again, the SWORD is the Word of God who is Jesus.

The Spirit is holding the Sword. The Spirit is the Rider on the Horse. Jesus is that Rider, and the Rider is called the Word of God.

Jesus is the Word of God. See John 1:1.

Jesus and the SWORD are called the WORD OF GOD, and so is the Rider.

The WORD of God is God; see John 1:1.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus’ name is the Word of God, see Revelation 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

HE, JESUS, the Word of God is wearing the robe dipped in blood, he is the Rider on the horse and that Rider is the SPIRIT.

Remember, the SWORD is JESUS (the Word of God) coming from the RIDER (the Spirit) who is JESUS, the Word of God.

Revelation 19:15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

John 6:63 The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

Jesus' words are full of the Spirit.

The Sword is the Word of God and is full of the Spirit.

God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit are all the same.

The Word of God is the sword of the spirit. Yes. But that is referring to the Scriptures, not Jesus. We have to understand the context of the verse. We read the Bible and use it to witness to others. The Bible is the "sword of the spirit." There are thousands of other scriptures that go against your idea that Jesus is the Father, and I have posted a few of them, which you have not responded to.

God's Truth

You are an accuser. You accuse the brethren that they don't obey like you do.

Ah come on now friend. You know you put me down all the time, and I still love you.

Show me where I accuse the brothers because they don't obey like I do.

If you feel convicted it is because of the Holy Spirit.