What does it mean to be under the Law, Biblically?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Does under the Law mean you obey the Law or that you are condemned by the Law?

Thoughts?

Romans 2:12 NASB - 12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;

Romans 3:19 NASB - 19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;

1 Corinthians 9:20-21 NASB - 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.

Galatians 3:23 NASB - 23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.

Galatians 4:4-5 NASB - 4 But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, 5 so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.

Galatians 4:21 NASB - 21 Tell me, you who want to be under law, do you not listen to the law?

Galatians 5:18 NASB - 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

Romans 6:14-15 NASB - 14 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace. 15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!

way 2 go

Thoughts?
in this present age , condemned by the Law

Rom 7:9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.
Rom 7:10 The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me.
Rom 7:11 For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
What does it mean to be under the Law, Biblically? It means to be Jewish. This is the most simple and factual meaning.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Only if you are a Christian. Judaism is under the law and will be judged by the law.
A person can be Jewish and Christian at the same time. For me, both have been by choice.

My profile says Jewish. I am Christian. I was Christian before I ever said I am Jewish. The new covenant was for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It came about in Jesus Christ, God's Son. Gentiles are included now.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We are not under the law, on the contrary we establish God's law through faith.

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. (Romans 3:31 NKJV)​

The law for us is provided in the NT.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We are not under the law, on the contrary we establish God's law through faith.

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. (Romans 3:31 NKJV)​
Do we know what this means?
The law for us is provided in the NT.
What is God's Law? What is the law of God?

What do you mean the law for us is provided in the NT?

A change of law is spoken of.

I know of the law of Christ.

Consider all that Jesus taught.

1 Corinthians 9:21 NASB - 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.

Galatians 6:2 NASB - 2 Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.

Is the law of Christ different at all from what Jesus taught?

Hebrews 7:12 NASB - 12 For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.

I have said the Law of Moses is God's Law.

What is the Law of Moses?

Certainly God's Law came to the nation of Israel (directly from God) and through the prophet Moses.

By NT you mean New Testament which is the writings or scripture named after the new covenant (of which it speaks). The new testament is synonymous with the new covenant. The new covenant was promised in the Old Testament or the TaNaKh, specifically Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB, and Jesus brought the new covenant to the nation of Israel. Gentiles have been included. It is called the new covenant because of the covenant which came before, which is now called the old covenant. That was the covenant God made with the nation of Israel when they came out of Egypt.

Jeremiah 31:32 NASB - 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD.

There was nothing wrong with the Law. It came from God. I say the Law of Moses is and was the Law of God.

Hebrews 8:13 NASB - 13 When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

Remember,

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

The following two passages speak about the Law and what Jesus accomplished.

Ephesians 2:14-22 NASB - 14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, 15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace, 16 and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity. 17 AND HE CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO YOU WHO WERE FAR AWAY, AND PEACE TO THOSE WHO WERE NEAR; 18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Colossians 2:13-14 NASB - 13 When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, 14 having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

So then we are faced with what place the Law has, whether for Jew or for Gentile. The nation of Israel has God's Law and the nations have learned from it. We have the new covenant, but we also have nothing against God's Law. God's Law came from God. There is no reason to argue with it. Not all people have God's Law.

1 Corinthians 9:16-21 NASB - 16 For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel. 17 For if I do this voluntarily, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have a stewardship entrusted to me. 18 What then is my reward? That, when I preach the gospel, I may offer the gospel without charge, so as not to make full use of my right in the gospel. 19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more. 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.

There is a warning that the law ought to be used lawfully. It is for the unbeliever and the sinner.

1 Timothy 1:5-11 NASB - 5 But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, 7 wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions. 8 But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.

That's the same Law as God's Law with the old covenant.

In light of Matthew 5:17-20 NASB, what is the law of Christ? Is there such a thing as new covenant law? Would it be the law of Christ? The law of Christ is found in this verse. Is the new covenant law the same as the law of Christ?

Galatians 6:2 NASB - 2 Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.

I don't know that God is finished with His Law. Hebrew 8:13 NASB was the verse we must look at on that.

Is the law a tutor to individuals to lead them to Christ, or must we say that it was a tutor to lead people to Christ? For we have been led to Christ.

Galatians 3:23-29 NASB - 23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.

We are justified by faith.

The covenant with Abraham and the faith he had while uncircumcised is for those who are uncircumcised to have faith in God as well.

Romans 4:1-25 NASB - 1 What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, has found? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? "ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS." 4 Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due. 5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness, 6 just as David also speaks of the blessing on the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works: 7 "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN,AND WHOSE SINS HAVE BEEN COVERED. 8 "BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE SIN THE LORD WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT." 9 Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also? For we say, "FAITH WAS CREDITED TO ABRAHAM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS." 10 How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised; 11 and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them, 12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised. 13 For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14 For if those who are of the Law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise is nullified; 15 for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, there also is no violation. 16 For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all, 17 (as it is written, "A FATHER OF MANY NATIONS HAVE I MADE YOU") in the presence of Him whom he believed, even God, who gives life to the dead and calls into being that which does not exist. 18 In hope against hope he believed, so that he might become a father of many nations according to that which had been spoken, "SO SHALL YOUR DESCENDANTS BE." 19 Without becoming weak in faith he contemplated his own body, now as good as dead since he was about a hundred years old, and the deadness of Sarah's womb; 20 yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform. 22 Therefore IT WAS ALSO CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS. 23 Now not for his sake only was it written that it was credited to him, 24 but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead, 25 He who was delivered over because of our transgressions, and was raised because of our justification.

All have sinned. Romans 3:23 NASB, Romans 6:23 NASB.

James 2:10 NASB - 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.

There is nothing wrong with the Law.

Galatians 5:3 NASB - 3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law.

Those who are zealous for the law do good to accept it.

The issue with circumcision was about what some were teaching leading others astray. Remember, Paul had Timothy circumcised, but not Titus.

Romans 15:8 NASB - 8 For I say that Christ has become a servant to the circumcision on behalf of the truth of God to confirm the promises given to the fathers,

1 Corinthians 7:19 NASB - 19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God.

Galatians 5:2-3, 6, 11 NASB - 2 Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. ... 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love. ... 11 But I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? Then the stumbling block of the cross has been abolished.

Galatians 6:15 NASB - 15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

Philippians 3:2-3 NASB - 2 Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the false circumcision; 3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh,

Colossians 2:11 NASB - 11 and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ;

Colossians 4:11 NASB - 11 and also Jesus who is called Justus; these are the only fellow workers for the kingdom of God who are from the circumcision, and they have proved to be an encouragement to me.

Titus 1:10 NASB - 10 For there are many rebellious men, empty talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision,

Acts 16:1-3 NASB - 1 Paul came also to Derbe and to Lystra. And a disciple was there, named Timothy, the son of a Jewish woman who was a believer, but his father was a Greek, 2 and he was well spoken of by the brethren who were in Lystra and Iconium. 3 Paul wanted this man to go with him; and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in those parts, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.

Paul had turned to the Gentiles.

Galatians 2:1-10 NASB - 1 Then after an interval of fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, taking Titus along also. 2 It was because of a revelation that I went up; and I submitted to them the gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but I did so in private to those who were of reputation, for fear that I might be running, or had run, in vain. 3 But not even Titus, who was with me, though he was a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised. 4 But it was because of the false brethren secretly brought in, who had sneaked in to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, in order to bring us into bondage. 5 But we did not yield in subjection to them for even an hour, so that the truth of the gospel would remain with you. 6 But from those who were of high reputation (what they were makes no difference to me; God shows no partiality)--well, those who were of reputation contributed nothing to me. 7 But on the contrary, seeing that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised 8 (for He who effectually worked for Peter in his apostleship to the circumcised effectually worked for me also to the Gentiles), 9 and recognizing the grace that had been given to me, James and Cephas and John, who were reputed to be pillars, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, so that we might go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. 10 They only asked us to remember the poor--the very thing I also was eager to do.

Acts 13:46 NASB - 46 Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly and said, "It was necessary that the word of God be spoken to you first; since you repudiate it and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles.

In the big scheme of things the gospel came to the Gentiles first through Peter, but then through Paul. Consider his missionary journeys, bringing (Jews first) Gentiles to faith and obedience in God and Christ in Gentile lands.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Acts 5:31 NASB - 31 "He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18 NASB - 18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."

2 Timothy 2:25 NASB - 25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,

RBBI

You answered your own question here.....

Romans 3:19 NASB - 19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;

Notice how it doesn't say, that only the Jews are accountable to HaShem via being under the law? Peace

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It means that you think you are a Jew.

I am not under the Law. But as I understand it, being under the Law or not would not or does not affect one's status as a Jew.

I can say my religion is Jewish as I practice Jewish things even being in the new covenant. I have said I am Jewish (and Christian) but I was not born a Jew. For me saying I am Jewish reflects my religious practice even though I do not keep all of the old covenant law. For example, I keep the Ten Commandments. This is one thing that not all Christians do. I also keep kosher which means I eat only kosher, or Biblically clean, foods. It is my understanding that salvation is not found in doing these things, but that they can be good for me. If I say I am a Jew I do not know how well that will go over with others in that I was not born a Jew. My parents are not Jewish. But I say, or have said, that I am.

No one needs to be Jewish to be a Christian. But the new covenant was for the house of Judah and the house of Israel. Now Gentiles have been included, in that Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah, brought the new covenant. After Jews were saved following His death, burial, resurrection, appearing to many, and ascension, Gentiles were saved also.

Do you understand or know if or that you have broken God's Law?

Everyone has. But that does not make the Law bad. It simply points out our sin.

Are you a Christian? God's commands are about love. Love of God and love (of our fellow) man.

They are for our obedience.

What do you know about the new covenant?

What do you know about the law of Christ?

Christians ought to be under the law of Christ even unto unbelievers who are without God's Law. That is, we are not without the law of God. We are to bear one another's burdens and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.

PureX

I am not under the Law. But as I understand it, being under the Law or not would not or does not affect one's status as a Jew.

I can say my religion is Jewish as I practice Jewish things even being in the new covenant. I have said I am Jewish (and Christian) but I was not born a Jew. For me saying I am Jewish reflects my religious practice even though I do not keep all of the old covenant law. For example, I keep the Ten Commandments. This is one thing that not all Christians do. I also keep kosher which means I eat only kosher, or Biblically clean, foods. It is my understanding that salvation is not found in doing these things, but that they can be good for me. If I say I am a Jew I do not know how well that will go over with others in that I was not born a Jew. My parents are not Jewish. But I say, or have said, that I am.

No one needs to be Jewish to be a Christian. But the new covenant was for the house of Judah and the house of Israel. Now Gentiles have been included, in that Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah, brought the new covenant. After Jews were saved following His death, burial, resurrection, appearing to many, and ascension, Gentiles were saved also.
I respect that you understand your position and beliefs.
Do you understand or know if or that you have broken God's Law?
Not being a Jew, I am not subject to Jewish ideas about "God's laws". I do not believe that God has imposed any "laws" on anyone, except by the 'laws of nature'.
Are you a Christian? God's commands are about love. Love of God and love (of our fellow) man.
Those are not really "commands". Jesus referred to them as such because he was being asked, at the time, for some sort of rule to follow, by someone who did not understand the idea of 'living by the spirit'.
They are for our obedience.
No, not really. They are illuminations of a spiritual way of life, that if we will choose to live it, comes with a promise of redemption. The term "obedience" is misleading, I think, because it implies a blind adherence to someone else's rules, when in reality what Jesus was talking about was an enlightened way of being … human. It's not about following rules, it's about achieving a divine spiritual state.
Christians ought to be under the law of Christ even unto unbelievers who are without God's Law. That is, we are not without the law of God. We are to bear one another's burdens and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.
You are trying to force your Jewish beliefs on all Christians. Which is bizarre when even the Jews, themselves, don't do that. Jesus never suggested that anyone should become a Jew if they were not one, already. And to this day the Jews do not promote adherence to Judaism for anyone but the Jews.

So why are you?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I respect that you understand your position and beliefs.
Not being a Jew, I am not subject to Jewish ideas about "God's laws". I do not believe that God has imposed any "laws" on anyone, except by the 'laws of nature'.
Those are not really "commands". Jesus referred to them as such because he was being asked, at the time, for some sort of rule to follow, by someone who did not understand the idea of 'living by the spirit'.
No, not really. They are illuminations of a spiritual way of life, that if we will choose to live it, comes with a promise of redemption. The term "obedience" is misleading, I think, because it implies a blind adherence to someone else's rules, when in reality what Jesus was talking about was an enlightened way of being … human. It's not about following rules, it's about achieving a divine spiritual state.
You are trying to force your Jewish beliefs on all Christians. Which is bizarre when even the Jews, themselves, don't do that. Jesus never suggested that anyone should become a Jew if they were not one, already. And to this day the Jews do not promote adherence to Judaism for anyone but the Jews.

So why are you?

Again, nothing says you need to become a Jew. I was under the understanding for most of my life that a person is only a Jew if they were born a Jew. It is possible to become a Jew, but it is unnecessary. To worship the one true God you do need to love God and love your neighbor. To be saved you need to repent of your sin and put your faith in God. Jesus died for you that your sins would be forgiven. He rose from the dead. Those who obey the gospel are saved, born again, forgiven their sins, and granted the free gift of eternal life.

The point is that a Gentile can also worship the one true God. But you need to recognize that you have sinned and repent. Those who say Jesus is Lord, believing in Him for salvation, do obey Him. No one is perfect, but there is obedience, and there is lack of obedience, non-obedience, disobedience. If you do not obey Him you are likely not saved. The only reasons I say it this way are that one, I am not the judge. Two, salvation is not of works. Three, those who are saved do obey Him. Four, if you say Jesus is Lord you either believe it and obey Him as Lord, or you do not (which makes it difficult to say Jesus is your Lord, either you yourself or someone else about you recognizing the fruit of your salvation). And, lastly, though salvation is not of works, good works accompany those who are saved. So, repent and believe the gospel. Remember, you can't ever add anything to your salvation. Salvation is based on the merit of Christ alone, and what He accomplished for you on your behalf.

Romans 6:23.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You answered your own question here.....

Notice how it doesn't say, that only the Jews are accountable to HaShem via being under the law? Peace
The whole world is accountable to God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It's our agreement with God, our contract.
Is the law of God anything different from the Law of God? If the Law of God is the Law of Moses. The Law of Moses is the Law of God. So then we have the law of God. We have the law of Christ. And we are not without the law of God. Are we without the Law of God?

PureX

Again, nothing says you need to become a Jew. I was under the understanding for most of my life that a person is only a Jew if they were born a Jew. It is possible to become a Jew, but it is unnecessary.
That is my understanding as well. Which is why many things that Jesus said, as a Jew, to his fellow Jews, were not intended for the rest of us. A point that religious Christianity has thoroughly misunderstood, because it was originally founded by Jews. Jews who believed in religious laws, and blood sacrifices, and the need for atonement for sin. And these beliefs got tangled up with Jesus' message of spiritual transcendence. But I'm not Jewish, so I'm free to untangle them.
To worship the one true God you do need to love God and love your neighbor.
Christians don't need to "worship" any gods, necessarily. But Jesus revealed to us that to love God is to love our neighbor (and ourselves), just as to love our neighbor and ourselves is to love God. Because we are all manifestations of God. That was an astonishing revelation that transcended Jewish religious ideology so dramatically that he was killed for revealing it.
To be saved you need to repent of your sin and put your faith in God. Jesus died for you that your sins would be forgiven. He rose from the dead. Those who obey the gospel are saved, born again, forgiven their sins, and granted the free gift of eternal life.
You're viewing this from a religious Jewish perspective. As do most Christians. But I do not. So for me this is not a theological proposition, it's a practical one.
The point is that a Gentile can also worship the one true God. But you need to recognize that you have sinned and repent. Those who say Jesus is Lord, believing in Him for salvation, do obey Him. No one is perfect, but there is obedience, and there is lack of obedience, non-obedience, disobedience. If you do not obey Him you are likely not saved. The only reasons I say it this way are that one, I am not the judge. Two, salvation is not of works. Three, those who are saved do obey Him. Four, if you say Jesus is Lord you either believe it and obey Him as Lord, or you do not (which makes it difficult to say Jesus is your Lord, either you yourself or someone else about you recognizing the fruit of your salvation). And, lastly, though salvation is not of works, good works accompany those who are saved. So, repent and believe the gospel. Remember, you can't ever add anything to your salvation. Salvation is based on the merit of Christ alone, and what He accomplished for you on your behalf..
I think you're grasp of Christianity is so entangled with Judaic theology that you can't understand, and probably won't even contemplate my non-Judaic view of Christianity.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But the new covenant was for the house of Judah and the house of Israel.

The new covenant is for the Hebrew people and will be enacted when Jesus manifests himself to the world.

Our covenant was made with Christ and Abraham a long time ago.

Ben Masada

Thoughts?

Condemned by the Law are only the outlaws aka those who refuse to be under the Law. Those who obey the Law are the Law-abiding-citizens aka those who are under the Law. The third nomination is to be above the Law which only HaShem is.