User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Disscusion thread for: Does Abraham's faith disprove Unconditional Election?

  1. #16
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    6,052
    Thanks
    3,287
    Thanked 2,996 Times in 1,800 Posts

    Blog Entries
    143
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147672
    Nang's latest post points out the progress to date: "We are one week into our two-week opportunity to hash over these theological differences, but instead of "hashing," all you are doing is bashing. Why?"

    Aj has yet to present any cogent arguments from Scripture to support his position. Instead he is clearly on the defensive and wastes his efforts with ad hominems versus substantive discussion. Who can blame him, for he obviously has nothing to add and prefers to stand on Nang's back hoping he can gather a few crumbs to feed from. Nang won the debate with the death blows of her previous post. Now we are witnessing the hapless AJ twitching as he gasps his last. Someone pass him some oxygen, please, in hopes that he can recover and actually discuss his position versus transparent attempts to wail on Nang's.
    Last edited by Ask Mr. Religion; February 27th, 2008 at 02:26 AM.
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the many embedded links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.



    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    ó Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  2. #17
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,276
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 7,657 Times in 6,026 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147793
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 8th, 2016)

  4. #18
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    6,052
    Thanks
    3,287
    Thanked 2,996 Times in 1,800 Posts

    Blog Entries
    143
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147672
    Once more, AJ's latest is a combination of personalizations and lack of exegesis, form over substance.

    Accuses Nang of deceit!
    Asks for apology?
    Actually claims he is doing 'deep diving'

    In 'More Cobbles' AJ employs the powerful exegetical technique of boldface in Scripture citations. Wow, that is 'deep diving' exegesis.
    AJ concludes with a call for deep diving!

    Note to Nang: Maybe more boldface will convince AJ? Apparently exegesis is a simply a skill in formatting text.
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the many embedded links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.



    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    ó Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  5. #19
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,276
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 7,657 Times in 6,026 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147793
    I prefer a single bible verse with a bolded section to a list of references that don't say anything.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 8th, 2016)

  7. #20
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    6,052
    Thanks
    3,287
    Thanked 2,996 Times in 1,800 Posts

    Blog Entries
    143
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147672
    Nang's latest post here cannot be used by AJ to falsely claim once again that she is not directly dealing with the issues. Nang's restraint, by not responding to AJ's ad hominems, is an example for us all. AJ has filled his posts with personal criticisms, negative smilies, etc., yet witness in Nang's post critical attention to the topic at hand while never taking any baiting from AJ. This is exactly the behavior anyone in a serious discussion should strive to emulate.

    Kudos, Nang!
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the many embedded links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.



    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    ó Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  8. #21
    Over 500 post club Memento Mori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    506
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    144
    I'll be amazed if anyone alters their position from this debate.
    Calvin: (after a long pause) I canít tell if thatís funny or really scary.
    Anti-Death

    2024 Life by Delmar: Homosexuality legal in all states; Government healthcare with abortion; Outlawing Bible by broadcast by hate crime laws

  9. #22
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,276
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 7,657 Times in 6,026 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147793
    Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
    I'll be amazed if anyone alters their position from this debate.
    Lots of people come to TOL without any idea that the debate even exists. Of course some people will be changed by what they read.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 8th, 2016)

  11. #23
    Black Rifles Matter Nick M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    16,832
    Thanks
    648
    Thanked 9,136 Times in 6,308 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147791
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    It is clear who is doing the heavy lifting (Nang) with Scriptural support and actual exegesis....Nang is cleaning AJ's clock Scripturally, while AJ fumbles around trying to ignore Nang's Scriptural arguments. The first person in any discussion who resorts to personal attacks is always the person on the defensive.
    It is amazing hom many numbskulls think you are well written and make good points. It is usually by those that don't actually read the Bible.

    In order for election of a few before the world to began to mean what you want it to mean, you have to throw out much of the Bible.

    1. God wants all men to be saved.

    2. God will withold blessings.

    These are undeniable. The only conclusion you can draw is that salvation is conditional.

    Her long essays are like atheist/philosophical drivel, with out logic and leaving out the key parts to make your point. Your act is growing old too.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

    Titus 1

    For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

    Ephesians 5

    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 8th, 2016)

  13. #24
    Over 1000 post club RobE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,256
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    It is amazing hom many numbskulls think you are well written and make good points. It is usually by those that don't actually read the Bible.

    In order for election of a few before the world to began to mean what you want it to mean, you have to throw out much of the Bible.

    1. God wants all men to be saved.

    2. God will withold blessings.

    These are undeniable. The only conclusion you can draw is that salvation is conditional.

    Her long essays are like atheist/philosophical drivel, with out logic and leaving out the key parts to make your point. Your act is growing old too.
    It's interesting to see that you have closed the book on the argument when the one point which Nang has made has already been conceded.

    The point being that all events are monergistically brought about.

    Thousands of words have been spent on the subject, yet AJ fails to recognize the damage it does to his and apparently your position.

    I, who am not a SupraLapsarian, but a free will theist must readily concede Nang's argument as valid.

    Is God the source of man's faith? Are you able to defend your own position?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    1. God wants all men to be saved.
    Then how is it that all men will not be saved? Is God unable to accomplish His own desires?
    His purpose was greater than suffering! GIT
    God could know everything in the future, if He wanted to, but He doesn't.
    Three! Two! One! Cue the Rooster! from Open Theism Apologetics

  14. #25
    Journeyman penofareadywriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    KC MO
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    113

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    It is clear who is doing the heavy lifting (Nang) with Scriptural support and actual exegesis, while AJ seems to be stuck trying to merely wax insubstantially eloquent and insert oblique ad hominems whenever possible. Just typical behavior for those who prefer to appeal to the masses versus dealing substantively with the subject matter. Kudos to Nang for not taking AJ's obvious baiting tactics to heart and responding in kind.

    Nang is cleaning AJ's clock Scripturally, while AJ fumbles around trying to ignore Nang's Scriptural arguments. The first person in any discussion who resorts to personal attacks is always the person on the defensive.
    What do you think about open theism?

  15. #26
    Journeyman penofareadywriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    KC MO
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    113

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by RobE View Post
    It's interesting to see that you have closed the book on the argument when the one point which Nang has made has already been conceded.

    The point being that all events are monergistically brought about.

    Thousands of words have been spent on the subject, yet AJ fails to recognize the damage it does to his and apparently your position.

    I, who am not a SupraLapsarian, but a free will theist must readily concede Nang's argument as valid.

    Is God the source of man's faith? Are you able to defend your own position?



    Then how is it that all men will not be saved? Is God unable to accomplish His own desires?
    I love it!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us