ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Danoh

That's starting down another irrational path from the truth. The DofJ has no affect on the A&S show-of-sacrifice issue. The money from those sales funded the mission to all the nations, which is what God's interest was. Money was needed right away to get the mission out, and it did reach from Spain to India in that generation.

In general the apostles believed the end of the world in judgement was 'right after' (Mt24:29) the DofJ. There were some allowances for delay, and it was delayed. But for most of that generation, there was a call to throw everything at the mission in that generation.

Good to see that you at least see what Tet and M1 refuse to - that those in those passages I cited did just what those passages assert - they sold ALL their possessions as instructed by the Lord.

And what had He told them as to where they could lodge as a result, had been...

Matthew 10:11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.

Mark 6:10 And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place.

Luke 9:4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.

Just as had been His Own practice...

Luke 19:5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.

Luke 24:29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.

As a result, when things later changed, they ended up "the poor saints at Jerusalem."

For they had not made it "past the cities of Israel" when things changed.

Matthew 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Acts 8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

Judaea and Samaria (formerly the Hasmonean, and then the Herodean Kingdoms of Israel) having been where some from various of the Twelve Tribes were.

But because both the focus and thus, the direction of things changed, and with it "the mission" midway thru the events accounted in Acts (Gal. 2:7-9, etc.) we read...

Romans 15:25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints. 15:26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem. 15:27 It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

Of course, you will see some of this...differently.

Danoh

Who is the book of Romans written "to"?

Members of the Body of Christ...

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

As with Corinthians...

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Or, say, as with the...

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Right Divider

Body part
Who is the book of Romans written "to"?
:juggle: Always trying to redirect back to your short list of "now I got him"'s

Romans was written directly to the Romans and indirectly to us, since Paul is our apostle per Gods calling.

Rom 1:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:13) Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.

So we see that the audience is primarily Gentiles. Are you able to follow along so far?

At times Paul directs his writing in Romans to be about other people, like in Rom 2:17 where he is writing about the Jews.

Paul also wanted his epistles to be distributed between the various churches that he founded. He clearly says that about these two epistles.

Col 4:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:16) And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the [epistle] from Laodicea.

Some books in the Bible are directed at specific groups that are more narrow. I know that this gives some folks like you really bad heart-burn, but that's too bad. Like this one:

Jas 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

It's pretty clear that James limits his intended audience.

So crazy Tet tries to tell me that Romans is not to me because it's to the Romans, BUT THEN Tet tells me that James is for the church which is His body that I belong to.... even though my church has no tribes.

Danoh

:juggle: Always trying to redirect back to your short list of "now I got him"'s

Romans was written directly to the Romans and indirectly to us, since Paul is our apostle per Gods calling.

Rom 1:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:13) Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.

So we see that the audience is primarily Gentiles. Are you able to follow along so far?

At times Paul directs his writing in Romans to be about other people, like in Rom 2:17 where he is writing about the Jews.

Paul also wanted his epistles to be distributed between the various churches that he founded. He clearly says that about these two epistles.

Col 4:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:16) And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the [epistle] from Laodicea.

Some books in the Bible are directed at specific groups that are more narrow. I know that this gives some folks like you really bad heart-burn, but that's too bad. Like this one:

Jas 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

It's pretty clear that James limits his intended audience.

So crazy Tet tries to tell me that Romans is not to me because it's to the Romans, BUT THEN Tet tells me that James is for the church which is His body that I belong to.... even though my church has no tribes.

Yep :thumb:

And throwing his fool question back at him - who was Deuteronomy written ABOUT and TO?

Again, let's just simply ask the Scripture...

Deuteronomy 4:1 Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you. 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

4:5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it. 4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. 4:7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for? 4:8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day? 4:9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;

Romans 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, 2:18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

But neurotic Tet,
Ever has...to fret.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Well, the truth is, you're a Preterist who believes Christ already returned to earth in 70AD. You also submit that all the Biblical prophesies came to a conclusion in that same year,70AD. It's difficult, if not impossible to argue with someone who isn't being logical. So, why try?

Well you believe in the crackpot idea of a 'rapture', so :idunno:

Right Divider

Body part
:rotfl:

So, now it's "indirectly to", instead of just "to".

Who was 1 Peter written "to", and "indirectly to"?
:juggle:
It's good that you consistently, in every one of your posts, show what an complete idiot that you are.

1 Peter was ALSO written to the TWELVE TRIBES scattered aboard. No big surprise there.

Also, thanks for completely IGNORING the VAST majority of my POST and fixating on YOURSELF.

Attempting to converse with you is just like trying to converse with a spoiled little child brat with their fingers in their ears.

Danoh

(Rom 4:1 KJV) What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

Was Abraham the father of the Romans?

It is clear, you incompetent and slanderer - it is clear not only from what Romans 4:1 implies, but from what the whole of Romans 4 lays out...

It is clear that Paul is referring to Abraham in both aspects - as the SPIRITUAL "father" of the Gentiles - who have believed as he did - "when he was in UNcircumcision" AND as the PHYSICAL Patriarch "of the Circumcision ALSO" - this latter having been AFTER "he recieved the sign of Circumcision."

And as RD showed in another post - that Paul's letters were circulated among the assemblies - that having been the case; the Romans were already aware of this TWO-FOLD ASPECT as to Abraham.

Thus, his wording in Romans 4:1.

Right Divider

Body part
(Rom 4:1 KJV) What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

Was Abraham the father of the Romans?
I guess that you've only done random searches through Romans. Your gross ignorance is just amazing.

Paul speaks to and about different people in different parts of MANY of his epistles (if you would actually read them.... and with a little understanding).

Rom 2:17-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:17) Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, (2:18) And knowest [his] will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; (2:19) And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, (2:20) An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. (2:21) Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? (2:22) Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? (2:23) Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? (2:24) For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

And, of course, you know that Abraham is the father of MANY nations (Israel was his grandson, so Israel is NOT the only nation which has Abraham as their father after the flesh).
Rom 4:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:17) (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, [even] God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Ok, .... waiting for the next idiotic rant from Tet.... 3...2...1...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I guess that you've only done random searches through Romans. Your gross ignorance is just amazing.

Paul speaks to and about different people in different parts of MANY of his epistles (if you would actually read them.... and with a little understanding).

Rom 2:17-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:17) Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, (2:18) And knowest [his] will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; (2:19) And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, (2:20) An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. (2:21) Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? (2:22) Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? (2:23) Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? (2:24) For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

And, of course, you know that Abraham is the father of MANY nations (Israel was his grandson, so Israel is NOT the only nation which has Abraham as their father after the flesh).
Rom 4:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:17) (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, [even] God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Ok, .... waiting for the next idiotic rant from Tet.... 3...2...1...

TeT just throws anything against the TOL wall hoping something will stick. He doesn't have the ability to "Rightly Divide" the Bible as you can plainly see.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
:juggle:
It's good that you consistently, in every one of your posts, show what an complete idiot that you are.

1 Peter was ALSO written to the TWELVE TRIBES scattered aboard. No big surprise there.

Also, thanks for completely IGNORING the VAST majority of my POST and fixating on YOURSELF.

Attempting to converse with you is just like trying to converse with a spoiled little child brat with their fingers in their ears.

He just sits at his Laptop and giggles as he posts his "imbecilic" comments. He's what they call a :troll:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Posters like TeT, AndyCnotruth, and Crucible, I really don't take seriously. Therefore, I just love to "Toy" with them. They are basically, "Incorrigible Curmudgeons." They just happen to be lost, as well. And, they don't want to be found.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Abraham WAS a Gentile, however, at least one poster on TOL pointed out a Scripture verse that stated he was a Hebrew. Well, it seems the word "HEBREW" actually can also mean: One who crosses over the River Euphrates or Jordan and a sojourner in a foreign land. Just in case somebody argues with you about Abraham.