New to Forum but not to posting on Christian sites!

MarleneJ

I think I have been looking for this place for a long time! I guess I was searching using the words "Christian" instead of "theology," which is my great interest, along with living and applying that theology.

I know Greek, which I believe is essential to forming doctrines and deeply studying the Bible. (Of course, anyone can be saved and live the Bible without Greek!) I have also studied Hebrew, but not really up to date on it!

Looking forward to reading the posts, and also learning and growing!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I think I have been looking for this place for a long time! I guess I was searching using the words "Christian" instead of "theology," which is my great interest, along with living and applying that theology.

I know Greek, which I believe is essential to forming doctrines and deeply studying the Bible. (Of course, anyone can be saved and live the Bible without Greek!) I have also studied Hebrew, but not really up to date on it!

Looking forward to reading the posts, and also learning and growing!

Welcome to Theolgy Online!

Two things you'll need to get the most our of your time here...

1. An ability to make the argument. Make a habbit of NOT making bald assersions. Not every comment requires an argument to back it up every single time but don't be the guy who goes around making two sentence posts all over the place and never says anything intended to convince a thinking mind.

2. Grow a very very thick skin. If you're not a Calvinist, you'll be lambasted by the Calvinist with a relentless barage of irrational stupidity the likes of which has never been seen prior to the invention of the internet. If you are a Calvinist you'll be lambasted by me! :) (Actually, you'll only be lambasted by me if you refuse to make intellectaully honest arguments - not that I've never lost my temper in error before. :( ) And the same is true of pretty much any theological topic you can think of. Those who agree will be great and many (not all) of those who disagree will be very NOT great.

Being good at point one, makes point two much easier.

I look forward to seeing what you've got to contribute! God bless you!

Resting in Him,
Clete

MarleneJ

Thanks to everyone for their kind welcomes. Sorry I did not get back sooner to reply, but I got quite sick. it turns out I was not getting enough O2 at night. I am now able to remember things and I am not exhausted from morning to night. I am using a CPAP at night,, which I hate but it has really turned things around fr me.

So good to be back and praising Jesus for this answer to prayer!