Paul's gospel was a mystery!

andyc

:chuckle:

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.

Acts 9:19-20
Then Saul spent some days with the disciples at Damascus. Immediately he preached the Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God.

So we know that Paul had the gospel explained to him, but he didn't give man the credit for the revelation. Likewise he didn't take the credit for others receiving God's word.

Danoh

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.

Acts 9:19-20
Then Saul spent some days with the disciples at Damascus. Immediately he preached the Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God.

So we know that Paul had the gospel explained to him, but he didn't give man the credit for the revelation. Likewise he didn't take the credit for others receiving God's word.

Nice bit of verse with verse prooftexting there, andyc not the obvious :chuckle:

You see this, o clueless one...

Acts 9:19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

You see those TWO passages in verse 19?

In BETWEEN them is this....

Galatians 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

In other words, o incompetent one, Acts 9:19 is UNDERSTOOD as follows...

Acts 9:19A - And when he had received meat, he was strengthened.

Galatians 1:16B - ...immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Acts 9:19B - Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

Duh-uh.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The Gentiles to whom Paul was first sent were in the promise (Glatians 3:29 KJV).

The Gentiles to whom Paul was later sent were strangers from the covenants of promise (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

One group had a hope while the other had none! The Bible believer has no problem seeing that these things that are different are not the same, yet you do. That's your problem.

Made up.

Act 19

1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

So much for the Ephesians being different.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Nice bit of verse with verse prooftexting there, andyc not the obvious :chuckle:

Acts 9:19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

Galatians 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Galatians 1:16B - ...immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Acts 9:19B - Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

Duh-uh.

That only takes care of this part of Andy's statement.....

"So we know that Paul had the gospel explained to him,"

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Ephesians 2:11 Ephesians 2:12 Ephesians 2:13 Ephesians 2:14 Ephesians 2:15-22

Way to go out on a limb.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Galatians 6:15
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Way to go out on a limb.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Galatians 6:15
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
The Ephesians were without God, without hope in the world -

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, all families of the earth will be blessed through Abraham.
The Gentiles in the promise of Genesis 12:3 KJV were in the synagogue of the Jews (Acts 14:1 KJV, Acts 17:1-4 KJV, Acts 18:4 KJV) when Paul preached there. Their blessing came in the form of the mystery gospel of Christ (Acts 13:38-39 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Romans 16:25-27 KJV) as Paul was committed a dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV).

Only a mystery time and truth can explain how these Gentiles like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter could have salvation! Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV as a dispensation of the grace of God was given to Paul (Ephesians 3:1 KJV).

Last edited:

God's Truth

1 John 3:4 (NIV)
Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

By your token of reasoning, Christians don't need to repent as Law has been removed. Christians are thus unable to sin. Apparently you don't know what the Bible says.

I have no idea how you got that from anything that I say. I think everyone here but you knows that I preach that we have to repent of our sins. In addition, I believe there is a new law, a New Covenant, and its guidelines must be followed.

Last edited:

beloved57

The Gentiles in the promise of Genesis 12:3 KJV were in the synagogue of the Jews (Acts 14:1 KJV, Acts 17:1-4 KJV, Acts 18:4 KJV) when Paul preached there. Their blessing came in the form of the mystery gospel of Christ (Acts 13:38-39 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Romans 16:25-27 KJV) as Paul was committed a dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV).

Only a mystery time and truth can explain how these Gentiles like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter could have salvation! Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV as a dispensation of the grace of God was given to Paul (Ephesians 3:1 KJV).

False statements!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Joh 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Act 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Jud 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
Jud 1:2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

andyc

You're all heart.

Paul had just seen a vision that changed his life. He'd spent a few days blind. And he'd just been filled with the Holy Spirit.
What do you suppose he talked about with the other disciples? The weather?

Duh-uh.

Oh come on.
Paul was talking about the vision he had concerning his calling to preach to the gentiles.

Acts 26:12-21
.......as I journeyed to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, "at midday, O king, along the road I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining around me and those who journeyed with me. "And when we all had fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ "So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. ‘But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. ‘I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, ‘to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ "Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, "but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Duh-uh.

You'll have to pardon Andy, he just came back from traveling on "Benny Hinn's All-Star Medicine Show" and he's all tuckered out.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Males who were circumcised were counted as Jews without regard to nativity, there was one law only for the circumcised.

Exodus 12:48 And when a stranger dwells with you and wants to keep the Passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised and then let him come near and keep it and he shall be as a native of the land. For no uncircumcised person shall eat it.

The law makes distinction between two types of males: circumcised and uncircumcised. Circumcised Gentiles were Jews, not by nativity but by choice.

Paul's definition of Jew and Gentile was consistent with the law for Israel.

If a male was circumcised he was a Jew and could keep the Passover. This included Paul who was born in Tarsus, Cilicia, a Gentile city.

If a male was not circumcised he was regarded by law as a foreigner, i.e., a Gentile and prohibited from eating the Passover.