Father kills one daughter, injuring another

exminister

A South Carolina father told police he was attempting to “make his gun safe” when he accidentally fired the weapon Thursday evening, killing his 2-year-old daughter and injuring her 4-year-old sister.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...national:homepage/card&utm_term=.13bc40fc612c

How did he not know how to unload a gun or at the very least DON'T point a gun at anything you don't intend to injure or kill?

And he has another kid on the way. :shocked:

How could something like this be prevented or 2nd amendment unfettered with no regrets?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Involuntary manslaughter

#3 is missing.

Elements of the Offense
Three elements must be satisfied in order for someone to be found guilty of involuntary manslaughter:
1.Someone was killed as a result of act by the defendant.
2.The act either was inherently dangerous to others or done with reckless disregard for human life.
3.The defendant knew or should have known his or her conduct was a threat to the lives of others.
http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/involuntary-manslaughter-overview.html

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
#3 is missing.

Elements of the Offense
Three elements must be satisfied in order for someone to be found guilty of involuntary manslaughter:
2.The act either was inherently dangerous to others or done with reckless disregard for human life.
3.The defendant knew or should have known his or her conduct was a threat to the lives of others.
http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/involuntary-manslaughter-overview.html
I think this crime fits all 3

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
#3 is missing.

Elements of the Offense

So you ignore what the Bible says and go with U.S. law, which says babies can be dismembered, because it is convenient for your narrative.

How did he not know how to unload a gun or at the very least DON'T point a gun at anything you don't intend to injure or kill?

Your subtil misdirection is noted. There are a few things wrong with your post. 1st, guns are pointed at people without shooting daily. Literally many times a day when an officer has to draw because of violent suspects. It is a show of force, and it should be practiced.

]How could something like this be prevented or 2nd amendment unfettered with no regrets?

This has nothing to do with the second amendment. And you know this.

Why? Unless he was drunk or high on drugs when he was cleaning the guy, why should the father, who will grieve for the rest of his life, be put in prison?

Back to this imbecile.

28 “If an ox gores a man or a woman to death, then the ox shall surely be stoned, and its flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall be acquitted. 29 But if the ox tended to thrust with its horn in times past, and it has been made known to his owner, and he has not kept it confined, so that it has killed a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned and its owner also shall be put to death.

Do you understand this? Probably not. That is negligent homicide. You knew it could happen. Having a ox that can gore is fine. You keep him tied up. Kind of like drunk driving. Another wildly unjust law. If you kill while driving drunk, you should be executed.

exminister

Explain the part that I put in bold.

Why? Unless he was drunk or high on drugs when he was cleaning the guy, why should the father, who will grieve for the rest of his life, be put in prison?

Price of gun ownership without periodic training or even testing. I dive and it requires training. It enhances the experience and tells me how to safely enjoy it and handle emergencies. I expect there are many conscientious gun owners here who do go to shooting ranges and appreciate training. I did in years past when I actively was using guns. I feared accidents and put much care into learning about safety because I had two little girls. Some people need training to respect guns. Others it comes naturally.

This guy needed something like that, regular reminders like DON'T point your gun at someone when trying to "make my gun safe".

Why put anyone jail?
Negligent Homicide. If he left the kids in his car and they died should he not be punished?

exminister

Your subtil misdirection is noted. There are a few things wrong with your post. 1st, guns are pointed at people without shooting daily. Literally many times a day when an officer has to draw because of violent suspects. It is a show of force, and it should be practiced.

This has nothing to do with the second amendment. And you know this.

Back to this imbecile.

28 “If an ox gores a man or a woman to death, then the ox shall surely be stoned, and its flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall be acquitted. 29 But if the ox tended to thrust with its horn in times past, and it has been made known to his owner, and he has not kept it confined, so that it has killed a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned and its owner also shall be put to death.

Do you understand this? Probably not. That is negligent homicide. You knew it could happen. Having a ox that can gore is fine. You keep him tied up. Kind of like drunk driving. Another wildly unjust law. If you kill while driving drunk, you should be executed.

How many times did you point your gun at someone today? When you clean your gun do you intentionally point it at someone?

Cops are trained and they do have intent to kill if the violent person doesn't obey.
Thanks for supporting my point.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

#3 is missing.

Elements of the Offense
http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal...-overview.html

So you ignore what the Bible says and go with U.S. law, which says babies can be dismembered, because it is convenient for your narrative.

Yet you'll be voting for a pro abortion President (Donald Trump) in the upcoming election.

Seriously Nick, seek psychological help.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Price of gun ownership without periodic training or even testing.

Do you feel that way about other God-given constitutional rights such as the freedom of religion and freedom of speech, i.e. should American citizens pass some sort of 'test' before they're allowed to worship God or speak in public?

exminister

Do you feel that way about other God-given constitutional rights such as the freedom of religion and freedom of speech, i.e. should American citizens pass some sort of 'test' before they're allowed to worship God or speak in public?

Has anyone unexpectedly killed their kids with either of those?

If not then no test is required.

Arthur Brain

The father obviously should know the difference between a loaded or unloaded gun. He also knows not to point a weapon at any person, ever. He was blatantly negligent and put his children in harm's way, endangering children would be another charge.

Yup.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

Has anyone unexpectedly killed their kids with either of those?

If not then no test is required.
Unexpectedly? No, the vast majority of the time it's premeditated. The body count is currently around 58 million.

Fc36ueI1L3jRtxTiZyvPyppLM0x2GTsHqqSxFUFZd_82qtCSWbftKyxIchZGdftscDykn5pAtU5c4c1I8oaXJA6mlqIcNSR9uu6xxCt9Lz31Eg=w426-h285

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p...c4c1I8oaXJA6mlqIcNSR9uu6xxCt9Lz31Eg=w426-h285

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane

The father obviously should know the difference between a loaded or unloaded gun. He also knows not to point a weapon at any person, ever. He was blatantly negligent and put his children in harm's way, endangering children would be another charge.

"...Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott his department is the “preliminary stages of this investigation” and his office is working with the 5th Circuit prosecutor’s office, the paper reported."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...national:homepage/card&utm_term=.972e16bf2358

Let the Sheriff's Dept. and the Prosecuting Attorney's Office complete their investigation before you boyz go forming a lynch mob.