ECT What Madists never preach.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Madists teach that it is sufficient only to believe Christ died for their sins 2000 years ago in order that they are saved.
The gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)! Why don't you believe it is the power of God to save you (Romans 1:16 KJV)?

musterion

Paul said he knew nothing among the Corinthians except Christ and Him crucified, which he preached as good news. He did not present Christ according to the flesh (as recorded in M/M/L/J), and so did not reiterate the sermon on the mount, the beatitudes, etc. What he DID do was preach Christ according to the revelation of the musterion which he alone received directly from God.

In early Acts, on the other hand, Peter, James and John did not preach Christ's death as good news for mankind. They were still operating under a different good news at that point, one still focused on getting national Israel to repent before her Messiah and fulfill the role they promised to fulfill under Moses.

MAD wins again.

Interplanner

Paul said he knew nothing among the Corinthians except Christ and Him crucified, which he preached as good news. He did not present Christ according to the flesh (as recorded in M/M/L/J), and so did not reiterate the sermon on the mount, the beatitudes, etc. What he DID do was preach Christ according to the revelation of the musterion which he alone received directly from God.

In early Acts, on the other hand, Peter, James and John did not preach Christ's death as good news for mankind. They were still operating under a different good news at that point, one still focused on getting national Israel to repent before her Messiah and fulfill the role they promised to fulfill under Moses.

MAD wins again.

Artificial madness in theology again.

Simply compare the sermon in Acts 13 with Acts 2&3 (or with Gal 3) and you'll see that there is seamless agreement.

There is of course an effort to get Israel to be missionaries of the same world-targeting Gospel. That is why Pentecost happened (in spite of unbelief about the Gospel)--those people would return home with a message which they might not even have believed, but if they reported it, it was the Gospel and it was for the nations. That is what Christ and the apostles wanted Israel to speak and to be, as can be seen all through Acts.

It is not in conflict with the drift of the prophets but is exactly what they meant. They never meant a restored theocracy. They were always a step beyond or away from that.

Rom 10:14+ is probably the best single indication of this. It is clear that the one Gospel is for all the world (from the preceding) and clear that Paul wanted as many of his fellow Jews to be missionaries of it, because of the 'how beautiful...' line from Isaiah, and the disappointment of v16.

When we read 'God's salvation has been sent...' at the end of Acts, it is not without a generation of appealing to Israel to be the missionaries of it. It now becomes an effort mostly led by Gentiles. There are no mind-games with Israel where the shift was going to happen anyway; they just weren't getting it. God wanted to use any of them and did use any of them that he could.

Interplanner

No mistake: the promises to the fathers were for the whole world and fulfilled in Christ's Gospel. That's in Acts 2, 3, 13, 26, Rom 3, 4, Gal 3, 4.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul said he knew nothing among the Corinthians except Christ and Him crucified, which he preached as good news. He did not present Christ according to the flesh (as recorded in M/M/L/J),

Mad hogwash.

Jesus Christ (after His baptism of both water and Spirit) was presented in the gospels as the Son of God, not a man of the flesh.

and so did not reiterate the sermon on the mount, the beatitudes, etc. What he DID do was preach Christ according to the revelation of the musterion which he alone received directly from God.

You do not reiterate the sermon on the mount because not only you disregard them but they never describe you, poor man.

You speak a pack of porkies, which keeps you from receiving the Holy Spirit.

The good news has always been of the coming Kingdom of God on earth and the need for Christs death to atone for mans sin, so the repentant can live in it.

It is all part and parcel of the same good news.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not speaking to the gentiles nor the Body of Christ. Once again, you're
wrong. What else is new.

Mar 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mar 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
Mar 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mar 8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Mad hogwash.

Jesus Christ (after His baptism of both water and Spirit) was presented in the gospels as the Son of God, not a man of the flesh.

You do not reiterate the sermon on the mount because not only you disregard them but they never describe you, poor man.

You speak a pack of porkies, which keeps you from receiving the Holy Spirit.

The good news has always been of the coming Kingdom of God on earth and the need for Christs death to atone for mans sin, so the repentant can live in it.

It is all part and parcel of the same good news.

LA

You're lost. You poor soul. Any death predictions for today?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
John W does not believe the Lord either.

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
Luk 14:29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
Luk 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
Luk 14:32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
Luk 14:35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Written to the twelve tribes of the House of Israel. Not the Body of Christ.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're lost. You poor soul. Any death predictions for today?

As with all evil doers, you never bring up the evil things you said which bought those responses from Gods word.

Psa 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
Psa 7:12 If he turn not, He will whet his sword; He hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
Psa 7:13 He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; He ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
Psa 7:15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.
Psa 7:16 His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.

LA

Interplanner

Written to the twelve tribes of the House of Israel. Not the Body of Christ.

There are no such distinctions when he said that or when it was written down. The battle-planning imagery was directed at the zealots, and Christ gave them the benefit of the doubt of having half the strength of the Roman army, which of course they did not--to make his point even more clear. The body of Christ was not going to fight Rome anyway.

This Charming Manc

Dont limit that to Maddists, Christians believe that :)

Mad preaches, as also I believe and Peter believed and taught--

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

However Madists here never preach the words of Christ----

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
Luk 14:29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
Luk 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
Luk 14:32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
Luk 14:35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Yet Paul preached the same things--

Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Madists teach that it is sufficient only to believe Christ died for their sins 2000 years ago in order that they are saved.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There are no such distinctions when he said that or when it was written down. The battle-planning imagery was directed at the zealots, and Christ gave them the benefit of the doubt of having half the strength of the Roman army, which of course they did not--to make his point even more clear. The body of Christ was not going to fight Rome anyway.

Don't have a clue what you're talking about. Don't try to explain
further, I'm not interested in what you have to say pal.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
As with all evil doers, you never bring up the evil things you said which bought those responses from Gods word.

Psa 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
Psa 7:12 If he turn not, He will whet his sword; He hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
Psa 7:13 He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; He ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
Psa 7:15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.
Psa 7:16 His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.

LA

You're one of the oddest posters on TOL. Glad to not know you personally.