ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
But Jesus introduced that unclean was what came out, not what went in.
They weren't talking about what animals they could and could not eat. In fact Jesus never even suggested breaking the Law. This discussion was related to additions to the law, by the religious elite.

So Peter was a space cadet, what about that does not make sense?
He was a space cadet because he had never eaten anything unclean?

Is there a reason you ignored the issue of God doing something futile?

I notice you didn't answer my question.
About the animals? That wasn't rhetorical?

Right, I know you do not believe in baptism. Baptized unto means dedicated to...you say I follow Paul. So what? You miss the point.

Paul says not to do either.
"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ."
- 1 Cor. 11:1 KJV

Last edited:

God's Truth

You made that up-winged it.

Wow! The old reliable "Why don't you believe Jesus ?" stumper.

Raise the dead. Sell all you have.

Why don't you believe Jesus ?

See how that works?

Sophistry. Deceit. Knock off your grade school scam.

Try this one-go to Jerusalem 3 times/year, to keep "the appointed times."

Don't you believe God?

Fun!

Jesus does NOT say everyone will raise the dead .

Jesus does NOT say everyone must sell all they have.

You throw out all Jesus says because you do not understand what he is saying.

God's Truth

They weren't talking about what animal the could andcould not eat. In fact Jesus never even suggested breaking the Law. This discussion was related to additions to the law, by the religious elite.

He was a space cadet because he had never eaten anything unclean?

Is there a reason you ignored the issue of God doing something futile?

About the animals? That wasn't rhetorical?

"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ."
- 1 Cor. 11:1 KJV

Paul is saying FOLLOW ME and do as I do and FOLLOW CHRIST.

Think about it some more.

God's Truth

Paul rebukes people for saying, "I follow Paul", because following one apostle over another shows no understanding; it shows worldliness and confusion. Paul does say follow me and follow Christ...do right like Paul and follow Christ.

Danoh

Paul says plainly not to say I follow Paul. Danoh says he follows Paul. Paul says plainly you were not baptized unto him. Danoh says he was baptized unto Paul.

GT revealed that GT does not understand what Paul meant by "baptized unto Moses."

And GT may or may not realize by now that Danoh does not always hold to understandings on some things in the same way that some MAds on TOL do.

God's Truth

GT revealed that GT does not understand what Paul meant by "baptized unto Moses."

And GT may or may not realize by now that Danoh does not always hold to understandings on some things in the same way that some MAds on TOL do.

I understand both things.

Danoh

Most Mads do not subscribe to the practice of water baptism.

Some, however; do.

Most Mads do not hold to Calvinism.

Some, however; do.

Some hold to Open Theism; most hold to neither the Calvinist, nor the Open view.

Just as most Mads are neither Calvinist, nor Armenian.

That last one really throws anyone weaned on "where is this or that in my endless books 'about'?" :chuckle:

God's Truth

Here is yet another water baptism...

1 Peter 3:20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

Danoh, what WATER did Paul have?

DAN P

Madists do not believe that they have to be water baptized. Excuse me if you are not a Madist.

Hi and if you read Mark 16;15-18 and in verse 17 , the verb SHALL FOLLOW and NAME SHALL THEY, and thenverb IT SHALL NOT HURT THEM are all in the FUTURE TENSE , so explain why the Future tense id used ??

And take off the PENTECOSTAL GLASSES OFF !!

DAN P

God's Truth

Hi and if you read Mark 16;15-18 and in verse 17 , the verb SHALL FOLLOW and NAME SHALL THEY, and thenverb IT SHALL NOT HURT THEM are all in the FUTURE TENSE , so explain why the Future tense id used ??

And take off the PENTECOSTAL GLASSES OFF !!

DAN P

I am not a Pentecostal...AND, Jesus used future tense because they were not to do it at that very moment.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

1 Peter 3:20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

What group of people was Peter speaking to?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Was Paul sent to baptize?

John baptized with water, but with what did Jesus baptize?

john w

Hall of Fame
...then why does Paul say they were BAPTIZED?

Walking through the sea is about water, as is the cloud.

You missed it, as usual...dry land....dry ground...identification....

The clueless one of TOL-you.

"Baptism is the outward symbol seen by man....." and all that jazz.

"Traditional" Christianity has it backward, since they refuse to rightly divide this word of truth. After being justified by being baptized into Christ, and being new creatures in Christ, with eternal life, having been raised, ascended, and seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus(up), "religion" wants to "bury" you(down) you under the element of water , which, as part of the earth, is under a curse, by being dunked until the tadpoles know your social security number.

Water baptism, throughout the OT/NT, was never viewed as "Death/Burial/ & Resurrection."

Baptism - changing the condition, identity, of something because of an action that was performed.; placing or putting something into another substance and performing an action so that it will change the state of the item from its previous condition-it's condition, status, or identity is changed!

Baptism- the idea of being placed into something (the Lord Jesus Christ's death in this dispensation), and an action is performed, so that when we come out we are changed from our previous condition. It is all about our identification; God takes what we are in Adam and places us into the Lord Jesus Christ, and God's action (crucifying the old man) changes our condition- now we are" in Christ." We are no longer what we were in Adam, because God has done something to us and in us. Our previous condition has been changed because of what God has done:

" Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead." Colossians 2:12 KJV

Buried with Him-not like Him.

" Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: {6} Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." Romans 6:3-6 KJV
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
Again:Baptism- 'to change the nature, identity, condition, status, and to IDENTIFY something with its purpose.. For example, Homer, in his book "The Odyssey", describes the tempering of a sword. When the hot metal was plunged into water, the sword was "baptized" , and thus the change in the condition of the sword was from soft to hard metal. As another example, when a piece of cloth was placed into a dye vat for coloring, there was a change in the condition of the piece of cloth upon emergence from the vat-it had a new color.

Where is the water?

" But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. " Mt. 20:22-23 KJV

"And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with shall ye be baptized". Mk 10:38-39 KJV

"And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:" Luke 12:50 KJV
__________________________________________________ __________

People assume baptism means "water". I can show you other passages where there is no water. There was no water on the cross. The basic idea is IDENTIFICATION for the purpose of change in condition/identity/status. Did you know that in biblical times, to dye a piece of cloth, you would "baptize" it, "overwhelm" it, "cover" it, in a vat of dye. The cloth would now have a "change in condition", a new "identity". The element was dye here. Look at:

"And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea...." 1 Cor. 10:2 KJV

They were identified with Moses. Note Exodus 14:16 KJV, 22="dry ground", Exodus 14:29 KJV, Exodus 15:19 KJV="dry land". No water! The Egyptians were wet, not the Israelites.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus does NOT say everyone will raise the dead .

Jesus does NOT say everyone must sell all they have.

You throw out all Jesus says because you do not understand what he is saying.

As usual, you missed Dodge's argument, you embarrassing drunk. Sit, and get sober.

God's Truth

You missed it, as usual...dry land....dry ground...identification....

The clueless one of TOL-you.

"Baptism is the outward symbol seen by man....." and all that jazz.

"Traditional" Christianity has it backward, since they refuse to rightly divide this word of truth. After being justified by being baptized into Christ, and being new creatures in Christ, with eternal life, having been raised, ascended, and seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus(up), "religion" wants to "bury" you(down) you under the element of water , which, as part of the earth, is under a curse, by being dunked until the tadpoles know your social security number.

Water baptism, throughout the OT/NT, was never viewed as "Death/Burial/ & Resurrection."

Baptism - changing the condition, identity, of something because of an action that was performed.; placing or putting something into another substance and performing an action so that it will change the state of the item from its previous condition-it's condition, status, or identity is changed!

Baptism- the idea of being placed into something (the Lord Jesus Christ's death in this dispensation), and an action is performed, so that when we come out we are changed from our previous condition. It is all about our identification; God takes what we are in Adam and places us into the Lord Jesus Christ, and God's action (crucifying the old man) changes our condition- now we are" in Christ." We are no longer what we were in Adam, because God has done something to us and in us. Our previous condition has been changed because of what God has done:

" Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead." Colossians 2:12 KJV

Buried with Him-not like Him.

" Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: {6} Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." Romans 6:3-6 KJV
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
Again:Baptism- 'to change the nature, identity, condition, status, and to IDENTIFY something with its purpose.. For example, Homer, in his book "The Odyssey", describes the tempering of a sword. When the hot metal was plunged into water, the sword was "baptized" , and thus the change in the condition of the sword was from soft to hard metal. As another example, when a piece of cloth was placed into a dye vat for coloring, there was a change in the condition of the piece of cloth upon emergence from the vat-it had a new color.

Where is the water?

" But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. " Mt. 20:22-23 KJV

"And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with shall ye be baptized". Mk 10:38-39 KJV

"And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:" Luke 12:50 KJV
__________________________________________________ __________

People assume baptism means "water". I can show you other passages where there is no water. There was no water on the cross. The basic idea is IDENTIFICATION for the purpose of change in condition/identity/status. Did you know that in biblical times, to dye a piece of cloth, you would "baptize" it, "overwhelm" it, "cover" it, in a vat of dye. The cloth would now have a "change in condition", a new "identity". The element was dye here. Look at:

"And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea...." 1 Cor. 10:2 KJV

They were identified with Moses. Note Exodus 14:16 KJV, 22="dry ground", Exodus 14:29 KJV, Exodus 15:19 KJV="dry land". No water! The Egyptians were wet, not the Israelites.

I am not going to read all that, because there might be a drunk accusation in there.

What do the scriptures say? The scriptures speak of BAPTISM and the baptism that has to do with WATER...Noah, the parting of the Red Sea, and the cloud.