Illinois professor suspended for saying Muslims, Christians worship same God

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Illinois professor suspended for saying Muslims, Christians worship same God by Fiona Ortiz] "A tenured political science professor at Wheaton College, an evangelical university outside Chicago, has been suspended after she wrote in a Facebook post that Muslims and Christians worship the same God.

Dr. Larycia Hawkins wrote on the social media site on Dec. 10 that she was donning the hijab head scarf during the period of advent before Christmas as a sign of solidarity with Muslims. In her post she said "we worship the same God."

After that statement drew criticism, the school said Hawkins was on administrative leave...." Full text: Illinois professor suspended for saying Muslims, Christians worship same God Ge 16:12, Jer 7:6, GWT :CRASH:

See:

Islam

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
funny - i was trying to come up with "wheaton" last night and couldn't

as to the OP, yeah, kinda stoopid move on her part :idunno:

ok doser

oh, ok

not really concerned with what people outside this site will think about this :idunno:

unless they wanna come here and share

This Charming Manc

hmmm looking at what she said, I think its very different to what she reported as saying...

"I stand in religious solidarity with Muslims because they, like me, a Christian, are people of the book."

"people of the book" is a phrase muhammid used to describe Christians and Jews in one of his more charitable moments. It refers to a common history of faith and reflects a view of shared spiritual history.

Its very different than saying Allah and YWH are the same God. I think there is a lack of understanding going on somewhere in the wheaton faculity

The Berean

hmmm looking at what she said, I think its very different to what she reported as saying...

"I stand in religious solidarity with Muslims because they, like me, a Christian, are people of the book."

"people of the book" is a phrase muhammid used to describe Christians and Jews in one of his more charitable moments. It refers to a common history of faith and reflects a view of shared spiritual history.

Its very different than saying Allah and YWH are the same God. I think there is a lack of understanding going on somewhere in the wheaton faculity
And I'm glad this never happens here at TOL. :p

This Charming Manc

"I stand in religious solidarity with Muslims because they, like me, a Christian, are people of the book," she posted Dec. 10 on Facebook. "And as Pope Francis stated last week, we worship the same God."

ah she did say it scratch previous comments

ok doser

"I stand in religious solidarity with Muslims because they, like me, a Christian, are people of the book," she posted Dec. 10 on Facebook. "And as Pope Francis stated last week, we worship the same God."

ah she did say it scratch previous comments

she shoulda been fired just for quoting pope frank