No Longer A Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by granite1010

Lighthouse, I'm sorry, but all you have is a subjective experience, a feel-good warm and fuzzy moment that just confirms what you already want to think. If you want to pin your life on that, fine; if it works for you, do it. But to call yourself a Christian with this kind of background leaves you totally ignorant of what makes up your faith and your Jesus. But that's your problem, not mine.
Feel good? Warm and fuzzy? You do not know God, my friend. I didn't come to the truth by feeling godd about what I already believed, or getting all warm and fuzzy. I came to the truth by getting uncomfortable. I know what makes up my faith, but your talking about religion, not faith. I am not religious. I knew I had to go beyond that, and I formed a relationship with the Almighty God. I know who Jesus is, and He is far from what most people say He is. He is the prophesied Messiah, and He has His own righteousness, not imputed form anyone else, which shows that He is God.

The thing is, I DO have a basis for my beliefs about the Bible and Jesus, and you're not interested in them. You seem to think I've made all this stuff up, or that I'm lying.
I know you didn't make it up. Someone else did. The problem is that you believed them. The DaVinci Code is fiction, and the only truth it is based on is that there were other writings about Jesus, but those writings were completely contradictory to those written by the ones who knew Christ. And those other writings are therefore heretical, because they contradicted the things Christ spoke of Himself.

Skepticism about scripture and Christianity has been around for a very long time, and there's a wealth of information out there. So to insinuate that I'm lying or am too stupid to know what I'm talking about is supremely arrogant and naive of you.
See above.

So, I don't know where that leaves us. You can decide to cling to your feel-good experience, and if it does the thing for you, fine. It's probably made you a better person than you were. But don't make the mistake of assuming what I believe doesn't have any basis. If you actually read for yourself and thought for yourself, you'd know differently.
Pay attention. I searched for myself. I sought God, and I found Him. And there was nothing "feel-good" about it! I know that what you are saying has a basis, but its basis is lies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
"I know you didn't make it up. Someone else did. The problem is that you believed them. The DaVinci Code is fiction, and the only truth it is based on is that there were other writings about Jesus, but those writings were completely contradictory to those written by the ones who knew Christ. And those other writings are therefore heretical, because they contradicted the things Christ spoke of Himself."

WHAT??? Are you under the impression that "The DaVinci Code" is the be all and end all of skeptical literature? Lighthouse. Dude. Get a CLUE. It's a novel. It's fiction. It's brain candy. There is a TON of well-informed, very well-researched literature out there--scholarly stuff, not the escapism of Dan Brown. If you honestly believe a little potboiler like "DaVinci" represents the work out there that's critical of Christianity, you really have no idea what you're talking about.

wickwoman

Originally posted by jeremiah
Do not try to make yourself or your experience to be that extraordinary. The very "Person" who established His church said that there would be "many" who would fall away! He also asked, that when He returns," will He find faith on the earth". That implies that their will be few, and that there will be a great falling away.
Please do not make it sound like you are some kind of martyr, being mistreated or misunderstood by those whom you used to call "brothers".
You no longer believe, you have stated your case, and now it is time for you to embark on your journey. All I can say is may you find the whole truth.

Jeremiah! Why don't you grow a heart? Your anatomy of seriously lacking.

I don't think Granite tried to say he was unique. Did you once see him say that? Please quote it, if so. But, I do have to say that church people are quite a disappointment over all. Sure, there are the few who represent Jesus the way he deserves, but, by a large, comments like you just posted speak for themselves.

wickwoman

Typical fundi tactic. He hopes to make me look bad by just being himself. I guess I'll have to declare all out war to get my face back. Sad.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by wickwoman

Typical fundi tactic. He hopes to make me look bad by just being himself. I guess I'll have to declare all out war to get my face back. Sad.

Low rent plagiarism...

elected4ever

wickwoman

e4e
Has to be another reason. You don't need help to look bad. You do well enough on your own.:rolleyes:

wickwoman

NOTICE TO EVERYONE POSTING ON THIS THREAD:

ON FIRE HAS STOLEN MY FACE! HE IS POSTING ALL OVER THE BOARD WITH MY FACE BY HIS NAME. YOU SHOULD TAKE HIS CHARACTER INTO ACCOUNT WHEN YOU READY ANYTHING HE POSTS. HE IS OBVIOUSLY A LIAR AND A THIEF.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by wickwoman

Typical fundi tactic.
...say the woman with "Define me, narrow me..." in her signature.

Hypocrite.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Turbo

...say the woman with "Define me, narrow me..." in her signature.

Hypocrite.

Come on, Turbo. If OnFire thought he was being cute he's obviously mistaken. It was a pretty cheap trick.

On Fire

Listen, wickedwoman, we all post things that are hurtful and un-Christ-like, every day. You included. Copying your avatar is a joke. Laugh! Get over it!! It's not like I gave you a mustache or anything. Hey.....I've got an idea....

wickwoman

Originally posted by On Fire

Listen, wickedwoman, we all post things that are hurtful and un-Christ-like, every day. You included. Copying your avatar is a joke. Laugh! Get over it!! It's not like I gave you a mustache or anything. Hey.....I've got an idea....

Big difference though, only ONE of us calls themself a "Christ"ian and it's not me.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by lighthouse
The character of God did not change. And some people *coughpeoplelikeyoucough* just don't get that. They think that Jesus was all peaceful, and had no wrath, though He said, Himself, that He [Jesus]"...came not to bring peace, but a sword."[/Jesus]
I keep waiting for his followers to take that idea to heart, but so far all they've done is drop the ball: Eric Rudolph is in the clink, and Paul Hill is dead... :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.