ECT MAD interp flaw

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just a sophisticated way to not believe GOD.

Anyone who doesn't believe this, believes that GOD altered His promise:

1Sa 2:8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory:......

2Sa 3:10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.

2Sa 7:16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

1Ki 1:34 And let Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet anoint him there king over Israel: and blow ye with the trumpet, and say, God save king Solomon.
1Ki 1:35 Then ye shall come up after him, that he may come and sit upon my throne; for he shall be king in my stead: and I have appointed him to be ruler over Israel and over Judah.

1Ki 2:12 Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father

Psa 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
Psa 89:29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
Psa 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
Psa 89:35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
Psa 89:36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
Psa 89:37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

Psa 132:11 The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Isa 16:5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David,

Jer 33:20 Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
Jer 33:21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

101010.gif

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stubborn?

Yes.

Hard headed?

Yes.

Endearing?

Yes.

Stupid?

No.
You got two wrong.
And ugly, you forgot ugly.
And that my mother wears army boots.

We're not the issue.
You keep saying that, yet here you are talking about me.

Christ ALONE is.

And he don't make no junk...
Just dumb superstitious MAD elite cultist.
I think He broke the mold after me though.

Danoh

I haven't always welcomed it(pride) but I do welcome it and would rather know that I'm mistaken and be willing to embrace the truth.

Actually Danoh, my 'throne of glory' post was really not directed at you.

I am ever aware I am better off hearing a thing out.

Its a good way to circumvent pride.

The first time I became aware that others held to some views I'd been coming to on my own for some time was when some one first handed me a copy of Stam's Things That Differ.

I still recall declining it.

And I still recall that just one beat later; I said to myself 'you claim you are open minded; at least look at it..."

As for the other; I was well aware I might put you on the spot.

Just as aware you'd handle it well.

So I went for what I was really after - getting a rise out Tam - she is such a baseball bat kind of person - I love that about her :chuckle:

Interplanner

Zip....right over your head!

No, the mission is over your head. The NT does not put any of those verses that seem to be about a restored theocracy on the level of the mission. Otherwise, where is the theocracy in Eph 3? Instead, what is going on right now in the mission "speaks" to the principalities and powers and displays Christ's enthronment as King.

And, anytime David comes up (as I just mentioned about the connection between Acts 13 and 15) it is to underwrite the mission, not ignore it.

So don't bother responding if you're just going to counter claim "victory" on this interpretive point. You have to convince ME, not your pals. You have to show in Eph 3, and Acts 13 and 15 how it is that you are true.