ECT MAD fails on the gift and age of the Spirit

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
"To fulfill the word of God" in Colossians 1 has nothing to do with the OT.

2 Samuel 22:45
Strangers shall submit themselves unto me: as soon as they hear, they shall be obedient unto me.

Psalms 18:44
As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

2 Timothy 1:11
Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

SaulToPaul 2

2 Samuel 22:45
Strangers shall submit themselves unto me: as soon as they hear, they shall be obedient unto me.

Psalms 18:44
As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

2 Timothy 1:11
Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

Col 1
25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Read it 10 times slowly.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Col 1
25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Read it 10 times slowly.

Prophesied.

1 Peter 1:11
Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

TweetyBird

If I may...

Right off the bat, Christ told the disciples not to go to Gentiles (Matt 10:5).

He described Himself as sent to none but the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matt 15:24), excluding Gentiles.

Before He ascended, He did send them out...but to start at Jerusalem, not preaching to whomever they came across first (there was again the same definite priority as before, Luke 24:47).

Peter had to be made to go see Cornelius, a righteous Gentile, and the irked disciples demanded he explain himself (Acts 11:3) [note that all those men were filled with the Holy Spirit the whole time, so the usual theories of racism and bigotry just won't fly].

The saved Jews who fled Jerusalem preached Messiah wherever they went, but not to Gentiles (Acts 11:19).

A definite change took place somewhere along the line, but before it happened the order clearly was "to the Jew first" (Rom 1:16). But if you'd rather not discuss it, I'll drop it.

I am happy to discuss it. We just have different views.

Yes, Jesus sent the disciples to preach to the Jews only. It was not indictment of the future however, as we see in Matt 28 --- 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

This is reiterated in Acts 1 when Jesus told them ------ 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

The primary "outreach" was to the Jews, that included Gentiles at times - even Jesus ministered to and taught Gentiles during His ministry. Later things were reversed as more and more Gentiles were reached and fewer Jews were open to the Gospel.

Jesus also said that He had sheep not of this [Israel's] household and came for them as well, as we see throughout the Gospels and the rest of the NT.

I do not hold to racism and biogtry. The Jewish people have the same opportunity to believe the Gospel of Christ, and are well aware of His historical impact on the church even when they don't believe. You are mistaking my responses as anti-Semitic. That is as far from the truth as earth is from the sun. I am delighted when Jews accept Jesus Christ, but the covenants with them have all been fulfilled and no longer exist. When Jesus came, everything changed. The new covenant opened the door for all, regardless of ethnicity. That is the mystery of the Gospel of Christ.

I am not sure why you brought up Acts 11:19 - because that is when Peter showed the others he was preaching to the Gentiles. If Stephan went only to the Jews, that is who he was sent to witness to, just as both Paul and Peter eventually went to the Gentiles to preach the Gospel.

musterion

Yes, Jesus sent the disciples to preach to the Jews only. It was not indictment of the future however, as we see in Matt 28 --- 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

This is reiterated in Acts 1 when Jesus told them ------ 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

The primary "outreach" was to the Jews, that included Gentiles at times - even Jesus ministered to and taught Gentiles during His ministry. Later things were reversed as more and more Gentiles were reached and fewer Jews were open to the Gospel.

Jesus also said that He had sheep not of this [Israel's] household and came for them as well, as we see throughout the Gospels and the rest of the NT.

I do not hold to racism and biogtry. The Jewish people have the same opportunity to believe the Gospel of Christ, and are well aware of His historical impact on the church even when they don't believe. You are mistaking my responses as anti-Semitic. That is as far from the truth as earth is from the sun. I am delighted when Jews accept Jesus Christ, but the covenants with them have all been fulfilled and no longer exist. When Jesus came, everything changed. The new covenant opened the door for all, regardless of ethnicity. That is the mystery of the Gospel of Christ.

I am not sure why you brought up Acts 11:19 - because that is when Peter showed the others he was preaching to the Gentiles. If Stephan went only to the Jews, that is who he was sent to witness to, just as both Paul and Peter eventually went to the Gentiles to preach the Gospel.

None of this addressed the points raised.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus did not call her a dog ....

The Lord Jesus Christ certainly did. Do not confuse your lack of reading comprehension skills, with any alleged error, in what I asserted.

And show some respect-it is the Lord Jesus Christ, dirty bird-only his enemies addressed Him as "Jesus," while He walked the earth.

Saint John W.

Matthew 15 KJV
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

TweetyBird

There were 221 (at least) ready to go by the day of Pentecost. There is no debate about to the Jew first because of Mt 10 etc, which had been completed. It was next a matter of using them to preach to the nations, which is the vision referenced in Rom 10. Let that sink in. That was the vision for Israel all along. The combined force of Pentecost and of the preachers mentioned there is what exploded the movement from Spain to India in one generation. I'd say: 1, it was there and 2, it succeeded.

So much for "speculation."

Paul preached the same Gospel and was able to finish the work, as mentioned twice. I tim 2, and Col 1. The two gospels nonsense is from 2P2P which is an entirely false approach.

It was 120, not 221 .... those pesky details :readthis:

TweetyBird

The Lord Jesus Christ certainly did. Do not confuse your lack of reading comprehension skills, with any alleged error, in what I asserted.

And show some respect-it is the Lord Jesus Christ, dirty bird-only his enemies addressed Him as "Jesus," while He walked the earth.

Saint John W.

Matthew 15 KJV
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Jesus did not call her a dog. He was referring to the common practice of the Jews and their dislike of the Gentiles, which they considered pagan and unclean aka pigs. He was not calling her a pig. You have a lot of chutzpah to put those words in His mouth ... :jawdrop:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Paul was sent to the Gentiles as the "Apostle to the Gentiles." His message was, "The Grace Gospel." Peter and the others preached "The Kingdom Gospel" to the House of Israel (Jews)

TweetyBird

Wait, what?

You said this: ["Peter had to be made to go see Cornelius, a righteous Gentile, and the irked disciples demanded he explain himself (Acts 11:3) [note that all those men were filled with the Holy Spirit the whole time, so the usual theories of racism and bigotry just won't fly]. "]

I took it that you were including my view as anti-Semitic. If that is not what you meant, then I apologize.