ECT Abaddon

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well that's my take on it. What do you believe about how or when the end times will happen?

We know Jesus died in the 4th millennium, but we don't know how long before the fifth millennium.

And we don't know how much time will be cut short.

"And what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?" (Matthew 24:3)

"And unless those days were shortened no flesh would be saved, but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened." (Matthew 24:22)

The elect are the people of Israel.

WatchmanOnTheWall

We know Jesus died in the 4th millennium, but we don't know how long before the fifth millennium.
Jesus died in the four thousandth year, the 80th Jubilee. In the favourable year of the Lord. When mankind was set free of their spiritual bondage.
And we don't know how much time will be cut short.
This relates to the last 7 years. The tribulation. And how there will be survivors after this who will live on in the millennial reign and repopulate the earth.
"And what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?" (Matthew 24:3)

"And unless those days were shortened no flesh would be saved, but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened." (Matthew 24:22)

The Elect are the people of Israel.
No! The Elect are only those who go to Heaven. i.e. Christians. Jews go to Hell. That is why Jesus died for us.

popsthebuilder

Jesus died in the four thousandth year, the 80th Jubilee. In the favourable year of the Lord. When mankind was set free of their spiritual bondage. This relates to the last 7 years. The tribulation. And how there will be survivors after this who will live on in the millennial reign and repopulate the earth. No! The Elect are only those who go to Heaven. i.e. Christians. Jews go to Hell. That is why Jesus died for us.
Wow.

So Jesus only died for Christian's even though He was a Jew?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

WatchmanOnTheWall

Wow.

So Jesus only died for Christian's even though He was a Jew?

Christians are those who believe Jesus was the Christ which is Greek for anointed, which in Hebrew means Messiah which in the Old testament was the one who the Jews were waiting for. Jews who don't believe this (or indeed anyone) are going to hell. Christian is the label given to the saved.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

Christians are those who believe Jesus was the Christ which is Greek for anointed, which in Hebrew means Messiah which in the Old testament was the one who the Jews were waiting for. Jews who don't believe this (or indeed anyone) are going to hell. Christian is the labels given to the saved.
Thanks for the clarification.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Only if they are Christians what?

What are you saying?

Only Christians go to Heaven.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jews don't believe in Jesus, in fact many of them hate Jesus.

God's Truth

Jews won't be born of Spirit until the Great Day.

When Jesus comes again it won'g be to bear sin. So tell me how will anyone be born of the Spirit on the Greate Day? Jesus comes as a thief in the night and we had better be ready.

God's Truth

To do what?

David's throne is on earth?

When Jesus comes again, it will be the wrath, the last judgment where people are thrown in the lake of fire.

Then there will be a new earth and Jesus will live there with the saved and HAND THE KINGDOM over to the Father.

Right Divider

Body part
Revelation 9 KJV
(11) And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

You can find lots of interesting studies as to the identification to Abaddon/Apollyon.

I offer the following just as info to have:

The Septuagint records a king of locust/catepillars in Amos 7:1 as having the name of Gog.

7:1
Thus has the Lord God shewed me, and behold, a swarm of locusts coming from the east, and, behold, one catepillar, king Gog.

That seems like the Septuagint is a bit off on that one.

Amos 7:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:1) Thus hath the Lord GOD shewed unto me; and, behold, he formed grasshoppers in the beginning of the shooting up of the latter growth; and, lo, [it was] the latter growth after the king's mowings.

The word for "mowings" is 'gez' and not Gog.

The only other appearances of 'gez' are these:

Deut 18:4 (AKJV/PCE)
(18:4) The firstfruit [also] of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the first of the fleece of thy sheep, shalt thou give him.

Job 31:20 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:20) If his loins have not blessed me, and [if] he were [not] warmed with the fleece of my sheep;

Ps 72:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(72:6) He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers [that] water the earth.