ECT MAD fails on the gift and age of the Spirit

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus did not call her a dog. He was referring to the common practice of the Jews and their dislike of the Gentiles, which they considered pagan and unclean aka pigs. He was not calling her a pig. You have a lot of chutzpah to put those words in His mouth ... :jawdrop:

Made up. You cannot comprehend simple English, ignoring the words of the text:

Matthew 15 KJV
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

"help me"-Get it? She was asking the Lord for help.

26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

Read it-Him-"But"......His reason for not helping her- not to take the children's food, i.e., Israel's blessings, and give it to Gentiles, "the dogs," referring to her as in that class.

27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Her agreement, and also acknowledgment, that she was classified as a dog.

"yet"

Sit, spin master, clueless one.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yep - "the glory that should follow" - has yet to; as Prophesied...

Maybe for you.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 1:17
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Proverbs 12:27
The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What is "grace Gospel"? What is "Kingdom Gospel"?

The Grace Gospel includes:

Placing ALL one's faith in Christ as your Savior, after hearing the Gospel message.

Believing that Christ shed His blood for the sins of ALL humanity.

Believing in His Resurrection.

After one has placed ALL their faith in Christ alone, apart from any good works of their own,
water baptism, church affiliation, etc, they are sealed, indwelt, and baptized (not by water)
by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ.

They also receive the Righteousness of Christ and are considered a 'Child of God."

One can never lose their position in the Body of Christ and they are guaranteed eternal life.

The Kingdom Gospel included:

Peter and the other Apostles/Disciples preached the Kingdom Gospel to the House of Israel specifically.

They preached faith in Christ plus works. (The Grace Gospel preached faith without works to the Gentiles)

They preached that one day Christ would return to earth and rule over His people on the throne of David.

Today, only the Grace Gospel is preached to both Jew and Gentile alike. The Kingdom Gospel is no longer preached. Faith in Christ as one's Savior is required for salvation.

Today, both Jew and Gentile are placed into the Body of Christ.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Placing ALL one's faith in Christ as your Savior, after hearing the Gospel message.

After one has placed ALL their faith in Christ alone, apart from any good works of their own,
water baptism, church affiliation, etc, they are sealed, indwelt, and baptized (not by water)

They also receive the Righteousness of Christ and are considered a 'Child of God."

One can never lose their position in the Body of Christ and they are guaranteed eternal life.

Peter and the other Apostles/Disciples preached the Kingdom Gospel to the House of Israel specifically.

They preached faith in Christ plus works. (The Grace Gospel preached faith without works to the Gentiles)

They preached that one day Christ would return to earth and rule over His people on the throne of David.

Today, only the Grace Gospel is preached to both Jew and Gentile alike. The Kingdom Gospel is no longer preached. Faith in Christ as one's Savior is required for salvation.

Ol GM is a wise man -

Interplanner

The resolution of this is very simple, GM. You read what Paul said and that if you don't subscribe to his gospel, you are anethema. Your conceptions vs his. Very simple.

Interplanner

"If those who live by law are heirs (of the world to come), faith has no value, and the promise is worthless." Rom 4. Notice that the land of Israel is not in the picture whatsoever.

GM is adopting Peter's capitulation to Judaism and calling it another gospel.

Interplanner

If I do that; do I get to choose what to call you?

"O clueless one" seems to fit :chuckle:

How can you guys claim to be informed and yet position yourself squarely and rebelliously against Gal 1? do the issues in Gal 1 sound too complicated and sophisticated to be assigned an anathema? What is the difference between what you are doing and what Paul was fighting there? It reads the same to me.

Danoh

How can you guys claim to be informed and yet position yourself squarely and rebelliously against Gal 1? do the issues in Gal 1 sound too complicated and sophisticated to be assigned an anathema? What is the difference between what you are doing and what Paul was fighting there? It reads the same to me.

You only think it reads the same to you.

You obviously do not know what that other good news that is not another...was.

Let alone, why it was not another; in light of what?

Interplanner

You only think it reads the same to you.

You obviously do not know what that other good news that is not another...was.

Let alone, why it was not another; in light of what?

"Communication is not what you say; it was the other person hears." I'm sure you know the Jewish parable about this.

It was not another BECAUSE GOD HAD NO PLAN TO MAKE A THEOCRACY IN ISRAEL ALL OVER AGAIN. How can you possibly ask such a question and claim to know NT background. He was not going to!!! His "kingdom" was going to amount to one man, a sacrificial lamb, riding triumphantly into Jerusalem on a dinky donkey, where, if he was not praised, the stones would call out!!! You don't sound like you know the first thing.

Danoh

"Communication is not what you say; it was the other person hears." I'm sure you know the Jewish parable about this.

It was not another BECAUSE GOD HAD NO PLAN TO MAKE A THEOCRACY IN ISRAEL ALL OVER AGAIN. How can you possibly ask such a question and claim to know NT background. He was not going to!!! His "kingdom" was going to amount to one man, a sacrificial lamb, riding triumphantly into Jerusalem on a dinky donkey, where, if he was not praised, the stones would call out!!! You don't sound like you know the first thing.

You not only failed to answer the question; but once more read some notion of yours into what I said - come on, bro - get your act together :chuckle:

TweetyBird

Made up. You cannot comprehend simple English, ignoring the words of the text:

Matthew 15 KJV

26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

Read it-Him-"But"......His reason for not helping her- not to take the children's food, i.e., Israel's blessings, and give it to Gentiles, "the dogs," referring to her as in that class.

27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

"yet"

oh pahleese. Jesus did not say - "YOU DOG" woof woof --- :dog:

She thought of herself as a "lesser than" status with the Jews and Jesus used that to test her faith. He did not call her a dog. scheesh.

john w

Hall of Fame

She thought of herself as a "lesser than" status with the Jews and Jesus used that to test her faith. He did not call her a dog. scheesh.

Clueless. Slower...

You cannot comprehend simple English, ignoring the words of the text:

Matthew 15 KJV

"yet"

Danoh

What are you basing your assertion on?

How do you know for certain that your take on that is sound?