"WHOSOEVER That Calls Upon the Name of the Lord Shall be Saved" Romans 10:13

Nanja

You are all over the Bible. Grab a scripture here, grab a scripture there. You can make the Bible say almost anything that you want it to say. But the main thrust of the Bible is the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ and justification by faith, that you totally ignore.

Romans 9:22 is the "What if" scripture. It is not what God is going to do or what God does.

The biblical hermeneutic is to compare scripture with scripture.

God is Spirit and so His Word is Spiritual.

That's how a Child of God who has been Born of the Spirit comes to Truth.

1 Cor. 2:9-14
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
The biblical hermeneutic is to compare scripture with scripture.

God is Spirit and so His Word is Spiritual.

That's how a Child of God who has been Born of the Spirit comes to Truth.

1 Cor. 2:9-14
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

~~~~~

You condemn yourself with scripture.

You are a natural person. You don't know what the Gospel is because you don't have the Holy Spirit.

You have yet to answer the question. If God has reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ then why does anyone need to be predestinated? 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

The only one that has been predestinated is Jesus Christ, he was predestinated to be the savior of the world, 1 John 2:2.

Nanja

You need to renounce your phony religion and trust in Christ alone to save you.

You have no knowledge of the Truth of scriptures, because you haven't been given John 3:27 understanding of the things of God.

Your mind is blinded, (apallotrioō), shut out from fellowship and intimacy with Him: Alienated from the Life of God Eph. 4:18; 1 Cor. 2:14.

In other words, the natural man, such as yourself, cannot come to the Truth by his own freewill.

But Truth is only revealed to God's chosen sons supernaturally by His Spirit:

2 Thes. 2:13-14
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mat. 11:27
All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

1 Cor. 2:9-10

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Here Pate misrepresents the teachings of the Catholic Church yet again---this is what logicians refer to as a Straw Man Fallacy. Try again.

The religious hate scriptures that say... "God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

They want to believe that God only reconciles those that are of a certain religion unto himself.

Jesus is the international savior. He provides salvation for the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

So that... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

No conditions, no restrictions, no religion. All can be saved by doing nothing more than calling on Jesus to save you

Robert Pate

Banned
You have no knowledge of the Truth of scriptures, because you haven't been given John 3:27 understanding of the things of God.

Your mind is blinded, (apallotrioō), shut out from fellowship and intimacy with Him: Alienated from the Life of God Eph. 4:18; 1 Cor. 2:14.

In other words, the natural man, such as yourself, cannot come to the Truth by his own freewill.

But Truth is only revealed to God's chosen sons supernaturally by His Spirit:

2 Thes. 2:13-14
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mat. 11:27
All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

1 Cor. 2:9-10

~~~~~

It is not possible to have saving faith in your Calvinist God.

How can you possibly love or trust in a God that condemns people to hell before they are even born?

Answer, You can't.

CherubRam

There is only one name given that will save, Philippians 2:10, 11.

Jesus is a recently made up name. Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until AFTER the year 1525...
when Sir William Tyndale -A Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England - INVENTED IT! Philippians 2:10, 11 contradicts the Old Testament. Messiah worship is a problem. Christ name in English is Yahshua.

beloved57

One has to be saved before they can call upon the name of the Lord. A lost person can't do it. The Gospel is hid from them that are lost 2 Cor 4:3-4

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus is a recently made up name. Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until AFTER the year 1525...
when Sir William Tyndale -A Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England - INVENTED IT! Philippians 2:10, 11 contradicts the Old Testament. Messiah worship is a problem. Christ name in English is Yahshua.

He has many names. I am going to stick with Jesus.

heir

TOL Subscriber
"WHOSOEVER That Calls Upon the Name of the Lord Shall be Saved" Romans 10:13
Today, the call of salvation is to all men!

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Anyone can be saved when they trust the Lord believing

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Robert Pate

Banned
One has to be saved before they can call upon the name of the Lord. A lost person can't do it. The Gospel is hid from them that are lost 2 Cor 4:3-4

HOGWASH!

8,000 heard and believed Peter's Gospel and were saved. Some of who had participated in the crucifixion of Christ, Acts 2:36. You are in denial of the power of the Gospel, Romans 1:16 and the Holy Spirit to convict people of their need for Christ.

beloved57

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
To all the elect.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned

And in doing that he reconciled a world of lost sinners unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

beloved57

HOGWASH!

8,000 heard and believed Peter's Gospel and were saved. Some of who had participated in the crucifixion of Christ, Acts 2:36. You are in denial of the power of the Gospel, Romans 1:16 and the Holy Spirit to convict people of their need for Christ.
One must be saved to hear God's words Jn 8:43,47 !

The Gospel is hid to them that are lost.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk