The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

You all reject cross referencing and inductive reasoning. It's either "God is Triune" literally stated in the Bible or nothing, and that is why it's pointless debating with any of you. Denialism at it's worst.
Where does it literally say that God is triune in the Bible?

If it's not literally stated in the Bible then don't you think that maybe it's not the truth?

keypurr

It is hard to discard tradition even when proved wrong. When the Trinity was brought into the Christian church folks thought the world was flat and the sun circled the world.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Lilstu

Quoting scripture only has value when it's done correctly and with reason. You're just throwing out whatever random thing you find hoping it sticks.
And it won't, because I've debunked every single thing you've posted on here a hundred times over before. I just don't feel like arguing with denialists right now :wave:

I see you making an empty assertion.

Lilstu

SCRIPTURAL PROOF

John 17:6-8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 “I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. 7 Now they have come to know that everything You have given Me is from You; 8 for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me.

So as we can see, Jesus was GIVEN everything he had! This all included miracles, doctrine etc. Basically Jesus did not do anything of his own, he never performed a miracle by his own power, he was given the miracles. He never taught anything of his own, rather he was taught by God and spoke what God told him to speak.

John 7:16New American Standard Bible (NASB)
So Jesus answered them and said, “My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me.

John 8:26New American Standard Bible (NASB)
I have many things to speak and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and the things which I heard from Him, these I speak to the world.”

John 14:24New American Standard Bible (NASB)
He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me.

So everything Jesus had was from God, from the Gospel to his miracles. God needs no one to give him power, God needs no one to tell him what to do, therefore Jesus is not God.

SimpleMan77

SCRIPTURAL PROOF

John 17:6-8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 “I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. 7 Now they have come to know that everything You have given Me is from You; 8 for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me.

So as we can see, Jesus was GIVEN everything he had! This all included miracles, doctrine etc. Basically Jesus did not do anything of his own, he never performed a miracle by his own power, he was given the miracles. He never taught anything of his own, rather he was taught by God and spoke what God told him to speak.

John 7:16New American Standard Bible (NASB)
So Jesus answered them and said, “My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me.

John 8:26New American Standard Bible (NASB)
I have many things to speak and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and the things which I heard from Him, these I speak to the world.”

John 14:24New American Standard Bible (NASB)
He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me.

So everything Jesus had was from God, from the Gospel to his miracles. God needs no one to give him power, God needs no one to tell him what to do, therefore Jesus is not God.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God,
The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

So the son that was given is to be called The Everlasting Father and The Mighty God

God was manifest in the flesh, God was received up into glory.

Yep, He's God.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

SimpleMan77

Its pointless because you have no valid argument. You can not twist scripture to say what you want it to say. Any power that Christ has was given to him by his Father. If he was God he would not have had to get it from his God. Yes he has a God, yes there is only one true God. That destroys your Trinity.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Jesus was ALSO a man. He spoke at times completely as a man. At other times He spoke completely as God. Just because He was a man doesn't mean he stopped being omnipresent, and almighty.

Rosenritter

And the Trinity is still the center of Christianity.

Funny, I can't remember Jesus ever saying anything about a Trinity, let alone being the centre of Christianity. It would seem that you don't understand the essence of Christianity. What did Jesus say should be the center of our faith and belief? Try digging up what Jesus said, instead. See what that says.

Lilstu

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God,
The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

So the son that was given is to be called The Everlasting Father and The Mighty God

God was manifest in the flesh, God was received up into glory.

Yep, He's God.

Did you ever see a Jewish Translation of your Isaiah quote
Here is a Jewish translation by Chabad.
For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
To him who increases the authority, and for peace without end, on David's throne and on his kingdom, to establish it and to support it with justice and with righteousness; from now and to eternity, the zeal of the Lord of Hosts shall accomplish this.

Think...does anyone sit on David's throne right now?
Do we have Peace, Justice, and Righteousness?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Quoting scripture only has value when it's done correctly and with reason. You're just throwing out whatever random thing you find hoping it sticks.
And it won't, because I've debunked every single thing you've posted on here a hundred times over before. I just don't feel like arguing with denialists right now :wave:
:thumb: Exactly. Lilstu and his ilk are a dime a dozen

SimpleMan77

Did you ever see a Jewish Translation of your Isaiah quote
Here is a Jewish translation by Chabad.
For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
To him who increases the authority, and for peace without end, on David's throne and on his kingdom, to establish it and to support it with justice and with righteousness; from now and to eternity, the zeal of the Lord of Hosts shall accomplish this.

Think...does anyone sit on David's throne right now?
Do we have Peace, Justice, and Righteousness?

Actually I've seen quite a few, and they don't look like that. The true Hebrew translation (not transliteration) says that the son's name will be called the Mighty God.

There was a reason His disciples said "Hosanna to the son of David". He came to sit on a spiritual throne first. Soon it will be a physical throne.

Lilstu

Actually I've seen quite a few, and they don't look like that. The true Hebrew translation (not transliteration) says that the son's name will be called the Mighty God.

There was a reason His disciples said "Hosanna to the son of David". He came to sit on a spiritual throne first. Soon it will be a physical throne.

So where is the peace, justice, and righteousness promised by Isaiah?
Hasn't happened yet.

SimpleMan77

Hasn't happened yet.

Again, it's a stone cut out without hands that is in the process of filling the earth. Now it's in the hearts of true Christians, and it's in the Holy Ghost.

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Lilstu

Again, it's a stone cut out without hands that is in the process of filling the earth. Now it's in the hearts of true Christians, and it's in the Holy Ghost.

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

I think you need to get back to the Hebrew Scriptures.
They promised God's Kingdom here on earth with Peace, Justice, righteousness and all sorts of good stuff for God's people here on earth including a resurrection of life for the righteous.
But you seem to be settling for a spirit world that is like a dream rather than reality.

SimpleMan77

I think you need to get back to the Hebrew Scriptures.
They promised God's Kingdom here on earth with Peace, Justice, righteousness and all sorts of good stuff for God's people here on earth including a resurrection of life for the righteous.
But you seem to be settling for a spirit world that is like a dream rather than reality.

No, I've got the earnest of the inheritance. Soon the stone Daniel saw will cover the earth? And it'll be the fullness of the inheritance.

marhig

Hasn't happened yet.

It certainly has, they came through Jesus Christ and they still do come through him. If we truly follow him and he is in our hearts then peace, justice and righteousness are in his people too, through the holy spirit and by the word of God.

Lilstu

It certainly has, they came through Jesus Christ and they still do come through him. If we truly follow him and he is in our hearts then peace, justice and righteousness are in his people too, through the holy spirit and by the word of God.

Maybe in your bubble...but not in the real world.