God's grace.

jzeidler

Understanding that God is free and radical with his grace doesn't give me the urge to despise the cross. It makes me desire and love Christ more.

Truster

Understanding that God is free and radical with his grace doesn't give me the urge to despise the cross. It makes me desire and love Christ more.

The Eternal Father is neither free and nor radical in relation to the grace that brings salvation. His granting grace is selective and targeted.

Bradley D

The cross has cleansed my sins. Grace has given me rebirth I could never have gotten on my own. Christ came to teach and die for all. For our sins Christ willingly died on the cross.

Truster

When referring to the cross I meant the death of my Lord Jesus.

It's advisable to read and to know the scriptures before making statements regarding salvation.....

''For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of Elohim''.

...doing so means we don't end up explaining what we mean.

Bradley D

It's advisable to read and to know the scriptures before making statements regarding salvation.....

''For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of Elohim''.

...doing so means we don't end up explaining what we mean.

I as a Christian believe referring to the cross is quite obvious what it means to many people. The cross is salvation for the sinner. For the blood spilled upon it saved them.

heir

TOL Subscriber
HEIR,

IT IS THE PREACHING OF THE CROSS AND NOT THE CROSS ITSELF.

There is a difference ya know.

No one here is talking about a wooden cross, but that which the cross accomplished in our behalf. That is the preaching of the cross and IT is the power of God!

And lay off the ALL CAPS. It's yelling and annoying.