Is another US civil war possible?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What got me thinking about all this is the topic of abortion.

well I have to give you credit for this
but
succession isn't necessary or pragmatic

just vote republican
if
you are really against abortion

it is that simple

kmoney

Hall of Fame
well I have to give you credit for this
but
succession isn't necessary or pragmatic

just vote republican
if
you are really against abortion

it is that simple

How many more elections have to pass before you realize voting Republican won't work?

Would you join a movement to create an abortion free territory? I don't mean only through a violent revolution. It could be just another example of what already goes on where people try to carve out a separate territory. You could call it Chryslandia. ;)

nikolai_42

Perhaps. At least at the start. It seems that might lead to something more like a civil war though. :idunno:

I think things are so fractious at the moment that instead of a civil war with 2 or 3 clearly marked sides, it would be more akin to anarchy. People are divided in so many ways (just in a political sense) that the enemy of my enemy is my friend doesn't apply - it's closer to every man for himself. So I think that if a coup did happen (though I think even that is a remote chance), you'd end up with a military state since it (i.e. a military overthrow) would just loose what little remains of the civil restraint in this country - virtually mandating martial law.

So if you are happy equating anarchy with civil war, then I wouldn't disagree.

But I'm no political commentator...

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Is another US civil war possible?

By 2050, visible minorities will become the new majority in America

Asian Americans 8% + Black Americans 13% + Hispanic Americans 30% = 51%

The problem comes with the white conservative establishment's sense of entitlement and its resentment when it comes to relinquishing the reigns of power.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
If Texas became an independent nation, I wouldn't want to visit it ,let alone live there . It would probably be a Christian theocracy where g ay people were persecuted, abortion was illegal yet rampant,
kids were taught creationism is schools as scientific fact, forced to pray in school even if they were not Christian and sit through Bible readings , and you could be arrested and criminal prosecuted for "blasphemy etc and the police could arrest you for having something as innocuous as a Playboy magazine .

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How many more elections have to pass before you realize voting Republican won't work?

Like Obi-Wan Kenobi where escape was not his plan, distraction was, so is chrysostom. He cares about advancing his agenda with the rest of the RINOs. He engages in distraction.