ECT Dispensation of Grace

Interplanner

There is no difference. See Acts 13's sermon as a sample sermon and see how close it stays to the basics of Acts 2 & 3: there is justification/forgiveneness of sin's debt in Christ, and this is the thing promised to Abraham (repeat-promised) which is for all nations to enjoy.

turbosixx

There is no difference. See Acts 13's sermon as a sample sermon and see how close it stays to the basics of Acts 2 & 3: there is justification/forgiveneness of sin's debt in Christ, and this is the thing promised to Abraham (repeat-promised) which is for all nations to enjoy.

Yep. I had someone tell me they weren't remotely the same because Acts 2 was about Jesus being Israels Messiah. I guess he didn't look at Acts 13, Paul says the same thing.

16 Paul stood up, and motioning with his hand said, "Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:

23 From the descendants of this man, according to promise, God has brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus,

heir

TOL Subscriber
When exactly did the dispensation begin? At what point in time or what event.
If you are asking about the dispensation of the grace of God, I believe the scripture shows it began when the apostle Paul became "the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles" as it wasn't until he spilled the beans (2 Corinthians 12:1-6 KJV) that he was made a prisoner for Gentiles such as the Ephesians to whom he wrote the letter (Acts 22:17-21 KJV)!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

If you are referring to the dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9;17 KJV), that began when Paul was saved in Acts 9/"first"!

1 Timothy 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

turbosixx

If you are asking about the dispensation of the grace of God, I believe the scripture shows it began when the apostle Paul became "the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles" as it wasn't until he spilled the beans (2 Corinthians 12:1-6 KJV) that he was made a prisoner for Gentiles such as the Ephesians to whom he wrote the letter (Acts 22:17-21 KJV)!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

If you are referring to the dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9;17 KJV), that began when Paul was saved in Acts 9/"first"!

1 Timothy 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

I understand the gospel and grace are the same but if you see a difference that's not what I'm trying to understand at this point. What I'm struggling to understand is the calling of Paul being the beginning of a dispensation. For example, the Mosaical law ending with appointment of Paul. Someone showed me an excerpt out of a book and that's what it said, that the covenant of circumcision lasted up to the calling of Paul.

Are people saved by grace on the foundation of the calling of Paul? On what foundation was Paul saved?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I understand the gospel and grace are the same but if you see a difference that's not what I'm trying to understand at this point. What I'm struggling to understand is the calling of Paul being the beginning of a dispensation. For example, the Mosaical law ending with appointment of Paul. Someone showed me an excerpt out of a book and that's what it said, that the covenant of circumcision lasted up to the calling of Paul.

Are people saved by grace on the foundation of the calling of Paul? On what foundation was Paul saved?

Heir !!! ?? Give turbs some dispensation scriptures

Colossians 1:25 KJV -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Dispensation is simply a word, a word Paul uses several times referring to revelations and information from Christ.

a : a general state or ordering of things; specifically : a system of revealed commands and promises regulating human affairs
b : a particular arrangement or provision especially of providence or nature
a : an exemption from a law or from an impediment, vow, or oath
b : a formal authorization
a : the act of dispensing
b : something dispensed or distributed
— dis·pen·sa·tion·al \-shnəl, -shə-nəl\ adjective

turbosixx

God reveals His will over time. We, as humans, live in time.

God did not reveal all of His plans to Israel at one time. Neither did He to Paul.

I agree, we can handle only so much at once. It takes time to add up. That's why I haven't given up in looking into MAD. If it's truth I want to understand it.

turbosixx

I like your attitude.

Once you understand it, you'll understand 'problems' in the scripture much better.

Will you take me off bold :) Just kidding, the bold sets me apart.

I want to challenge my way of thinking but it's hard to do it without talking with others.

I have to work out the problems I see with MAD first if I'm going to buy into it.

turbosixx

At the Cross to be sure

That's the way I understand it. So for the first time in history man can have he sins forgiven to be remembered no more.

The first time I see in scripture it was dispensed was in Jerusalem.

Luke 24:47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins;

Right Divider

Body part
God is patient.
Acts 17:30 Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,
That scripture is not talking about the same topic. Look at Paul's audience there.

But it agrees with my point that God forgave Cains sin (at least temporarily) and did not take immediate action to judge him and take justice upon him.

turbosixx

That scripture is not talking about the same topic. Look at Paul's audience there.

But it agrees with my point that God forgave Cains sin (at least temporarily) and did not take immediate action to judge him and take justice upon him.

It's the first scripture that came to mind. I'm not 100% sure his sins were forgiven. God overlooked sins and didn't deal out immediate justice or there would be no one left.