ECT Dispensation of Grace

turbosixx

Then Paul said, “John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.”

When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. (Acts 19:4-5 NKJV)​

Yep, baptized them again and on his 3rd journey and I'm told that grace doesn't include water baptism.

turbosixx

THIS IS WHEN THE DISPENSATION OF GRACE BEGAN.

When God accepted Jesus’ sacrifice and here is the evidence I see in scripture.

What caused the law to change from Mosaical to that of faith?
Heb. 7:12 For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.
Heb. 10:19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,

At what point in time do we see people being saved?
The apostles were sent out to preach to Israel, how many did they save before Jesus’ D,B&R? None that I know of. How many after, 3,000 the first day.
Luke 24:46 and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Jesus’ sacrifice ended to old law, not the appointment of Paul.
Rom. 7:4 Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.
Gal. 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us-for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"-
Heb. 9:16 For where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it.

Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What did Paul see as the reason they didn't receive the Holy Spirit?

Acts 19:2 He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?"

I would say because the Holy Ghost was still active and all the Apostles and Paul had healing gifts and other gifts of the Spirit, as it was still being poured out after Pentecost. Paul tells us later, those gifts will cease.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
THIS IS WHEN THE DISPENSATION OF GRACE BEGAN.

When God accepted Jesus’ sacrifice and here is the evidence I see in scripture.

What caused the law to change from Mosaical to that of faith?
Heb. 7:12 For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.
Heb. 10:19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,

At what point in time do we see people being saved?
The apostles were sent out to preach to Israel, how many did they save before Jesus’ D,B&R? None that I know of. How many after, 3,000 the first day.
Luke 24:46 and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Jesus’ sacrifice ended to old law, not the appointment of Paul.
Rom. 7:4 Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.
Gal. 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us-for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"-
Heb. 9:16 For where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it.

Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

Those are all scriptures and facts of the Bible but Acts 9:15 KJV happened before that, so your beginning is flawed. :wazzup:

Jesus Christ completed everything at the Cross and THEN came to Paul with dispensations

turbosixx

I would say because the Holy Ghost was still active and all the Apostles and Paul had healing gifts and other gifts of the Spirit, as it was still being poured out after Pentecost. Paul tells us later, those gifts will cease.

I would suggest this is why you can't see what I'm trying to get accross. Instead of reading the passage for the answer, you look within your knowledge for the answer. Let's look at the passage.

When Paul finds they hadn't received the HS what is his next question?

3 And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?"

Why would he question baptism if it's not part of conversion?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I would suggest this is why you can't see what I'm trying to get accross. Instead of reading the passage for the answer, you look within your knowledge for the answer. Let's look at the passage.

When Paul finds they hadn't received the HS what is his next question?

3 And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?"

Why would he question baptism if it's not part of conversion?

Exactly, did you see the baptism chart ? Do you realize that the Holy Ghost was active during Paul's ministry ?

"Into what were you baptized"

View attachment 20959

turbosixx

Those are all scriptures and facts of the Bible but Acts 9:15 KJV happened before that, so your beginning is flawed. :wazzup:

Jesus Christ completed everything at the Cross and THEN came to Paul with dispensations

So the calling of Paul is the basis of grace?

turbosixx

Turbs, if this thread is about baptism now, I'm done, thanks.

Sorry, it went to baptism early to dispute a claim. Baptism is just a symptom of the problem.

I would suggest to you Paul asked about their baptism becasue that is what puts us into Christ.
Acts 19:5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

turbosixx

Paul was a chosen vessel

Acts 9:15-16 KJV -

I agree but that is not foundation for a change of law.

Heb. 7:12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

Paul preached Christ as savior just as Peter did on Pentecost. I don't see where there is a difference. They both baptized believers again, no difference.

Acts 2:36“ Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”
Acts 13:23 “From this man’s descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised.

turbosixx

Exactly, did you see the baptism chart ? Do you realize that the Holy Ghost was active during Paul's ministry ?

"Into what were you baptized"

View attachment 20959

If the HS baptizes at belief, why would he question their baptism and not their belief?

I’ve see the chart but it’s misleading. Water baptism was performed by more people than John. Here’s a chart showing what people did at conversion.

conversions-poster.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I agree but that is not foundation for a change of law.

Heb. 7:12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

Paul preached Christ as savior just as Peter did on Pentecost. I don't see where there is a difference. They both baptized believers again, no difference.

Acts 2:36“ Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”
Acts 13:23 “From this man’s descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised.

Galatians 2:7-8 KJV - Galatians 2:16 KJV

turbosixx

Do you realize that the Holy Ghost was active during Paul's ministry ?

Seems active at Pentecost too and baptism is how they received the Holy Spirit. That's why Paul baptized them correctly so they could receive the HS.

38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Seems active at Pentecost too and baptism is how they received the Holy Spirit. That's why Paul baptized them correctly so they could receive the HS.

38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Of course, I meant active since Pentecost :rapture: