ECT What does Acts 15:11 mean today ??

DAN P

Hi to all and we will always see , many who will never believe that there at LEAST 2 Gospels , and I can show 6 Gospels , regardless what the Holy Spirit has written !

Today we are saved by Grace as recorded in Rom 10:9 ans in Eph 2:8 !!

But in Acts 15:11 we have , we have Peter says this , But we believe through the GRACE of ( the ) Lord Jesus Christ TO BE SAVED as THEY ALSO !!

This tells me that all OT Saints like the 12 Preached a different message , have a different Hope and different Promises and will rule in a LITERAL Kingdom on earth !!

You will have to see what Peter means by " WE " ??

And what does " THEY " mean and who are " THEY " ???

It is obvious that Peter is the " WE " and that one day Jews will be saved by Grace !!

dan p

Bradley D

The "we" were the Jewish believers and the "they" were the Gentile believers. Chapter 15 is about the acceptance of the Gentile believers without demanding they be circumcised.

JonahofAkron

The "we" were the Jewish believers and the "they" were the Gentile believers. Chapter 15 is about the acceptance of the Gentile believers without demanding they be circumcised.

Exactly. It's also important to note that James says that Moses is discussed every Sabbath for the benefit of these new believers.

Last edited:

OCTOBER23

And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.
2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
3 And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren.

4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.
5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
6 ¶ And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
=============
VERSE 11 SEEMS TO REFER BACK TO VERSE 9

The GENTILES WILL BE EVENTUALLY SAVED AT THE 2ND COMING AS CHRISTIANS WILL.

DAN P

Some people like Dan are oblivious to this. He can see six gospels apparently. This place gets wackier every day.

Hi and HOW WACKO is this ?

#1 , In Gal 2:7 Paul was entrusted with THE GOSPEL of the - Un- CIRCUMCISION !!

In Gal 2:7 Peter had the Gospel of the CIRCUMCISION !!

If you want to know what Un-circumcision or CIRCUMCISION mean read Eph 2:11 !!

In Gal 3:a Gospel was preached to ABRAM !!

Check Gen 12 !!

In Rev 14:6-7 is a Gospel called the EVERLASTING Gospel and verse 7 says this Gospel is a Gospel of JUDGMENT !!

i WOULD give you more but UN-BELIEVERS can not believe what the Holy Spirit has written any more that YOU can not tell all HOW you were SAVED , CAN YOU ??

dan p

andyc

Hi and HOW WACKO is this ?

#1 , In Gal 2:7 Paul was entrusted with THE GOSPEL of the - Un- CIRCUMCISION !!

In Gal 2:7 Peter had the Gospel of the CIRCUMCISION !!

Gentiles have to know about the messiah.
Jews have to accept the rejected messiah.

The good news about salvation is the same, but the gentiles need an introduction into why the messiah was promised.

If you want to know what Un-circumcision or CIRCUMCISION mean read Eph 2:11 !!

In Gal 3:a Gospel was preached to ABRAM !!

Check Gen 12 !!

In Rev 14:6-7 is a Gospel called the EVERLASTING Gospel and verse 7 says this Gospel is a Gospel of JUDGMENT !!

i WOULD give you more but UN-BELIEVERS can not believe what the Holy Spirit has written any more that YOU can not tell all HOW you were SAVED , CAN YOU ??

dan p

It's all the same gospel, where distinct aspects of the gospel are emphasized.

Gospel of peace - Accept Jesus.
Gospel of joy - Accept Jesus.
Gospel of grace - Accept Jesus
Gospel of faith - Accept Jesus.
Gospel of love - Accept Jesus.

They are not individual gospels, it is the same gospel where the individual benefits are emphasized.

JonahofAkron

Gentiles have to know about the messiah.
Jews have to accept the rejected messiah.

The good news about salvation is the same, but the gentiles need an introduction into why the messiah was promised.

It's all the same gospel, where distinct aspects of the gospel are emphasized.

Gospel of peace - Accept Jesus.
Gospel of joy - Accept Jesus.
Gospel of grace - Accept Jesus
Gospel of faith - Accept Jesus.
Gospel of love - Accept Jesus.

They are not individual gospels, it is the same gospel where the individual benefits are emphasized.
Gospel of Dan - Except Jesus?

DAN P

Gospel of Dan - Except Jesus?

Hi , and he would NOT ANSWER or will you answer the above post ??

How were you or People saved today ??

I can do it so why won't you ?

Christ does this ?

Then you respond , how ?

Can you give a verse on salvation from Jesus ??

What Gospel did Jesus preach ?:rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hi to all and we will always see , many who will never believe that there at LEAST 2 Gospels , and I can show 6 Gospels , regardless what the Holy Spirit has written !

But in Acts 15:11 we have , we have Peter says this , But we believe through the GRACE of ( the ) Lord Jesus Christ TO BE SAVED as THEY ALSO !!

This tells me that all OT Saints like the 12 Preached a different message , have a different Hope and different Promises and will rule in a LITERAL Kingdom on earth !!

It is obvious that Peter is the " WE " and that one day Jews will be saved by Grace !!

dan p

Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Peter believes and preaches there that he (included in the "we") shall be saved, even as they (the "they" also shall be saved).

This is consistent with what Peter preached and believes pertaining to Israel's salvation:

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1 Peter 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

1 Peter 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

1 Peter 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Peter believes and preaches there that he (included in the "we") shall be saved, even as they (the "they" also shall be saved).

This is consistent with what Peter preached and believes pertaining to Israel's salvation:

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1 Peter 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

1 Peter 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

1 Peter 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

LA
Neither of which are a pattern to us or written to us. Thanks for chiming in with absolutely nothing edifying!

DAN P

Hi and what I see that Peter means is that in the FUTURE , Jews will also be saved by Grace to all Jews saved in the Dispensation of Grace as the Kingdom message has passed on !!

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and what I see that Peter means is that in the FUTURE , Jews will also be saved by Grace to all Jews saved in the Dispensation of Grace as the Kingdom message has passed on !!

dan p

Are you intentionally trying to be unclear? It is not about the future, and your answer has a minimum of two times in mind, ie, it is confused and confusing.

turbosixx

dan p

If you take one verse out of context, you can prove all kinds of things.

The "they" are the Gentiles, that is what they are talking about, the conversion of Cornelius. It took an intervention by God for them to realize the Gentiles are now saved just as the Jews. Look at the first meeting on this.

Acts 11:17 Therefore if God gave to them the same gift as He gave to us also after believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God's way?" 18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."

Gentiles saved the same way as the Jews. NO DIFFERENCE.