What would you do?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I mean, we have people in the bible being saved prior to water baptism, so... we know its not mandatory
Acts 10:43-47

Can anyone forbid water that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. (Acts 10:47-48)​

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Some years ago I went to visit my wife's uncle to witness to him about Christ.

No sooner had I sat down and he said to me, "Bob you don't have to worry about me being saved, I have been confirmed by the Lutheran church". I could not get him to profess faith in Christ. Later on he died believing that he was saved because of his confirmation.

A common problem.

The Madist Grosnick thinks he is saved because he believes a doctrine, but his fruit is bad.

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

LA

Danoh

A common problem.

The Madist Grosnick thinks he is saved because he believes a doctrine, but his fruit is bad.

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

LA

As if your fruit towards him is any better...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
To be fair - said grudge is on both their parts - toward one another.

Grosnick thought he would never get it in the neck as he kept at it when I said little exposing him for what he is.

The man is not a Christian in the true sense of the word, he is a false believer, an unwise virgin full of deceit and you have helped him stay that way.

If you really cared for him then you would have corrected him, but you Madists will back each other even if you are on the road to hell.

LA

chair

A close family member has invited you to attend an infant baptism and social at their Lutheran church. You don't believe in infant baptisms and feel that it is in opposition to the Gospel and justification by faith. What would you do?

2. Go and act like everything is just fine and that you approve. Be a hypocrite.

This is not exactly relevant to me. But one can just go to such an event. It doesn't mean you approve of it, or that you are a hypocrite.

Robert Pate

Banned
I can agree.

Even Paul went to folks home for dinner and quietly endured their regulations, even though he knew the regulations were bogus.

I did go. I did not enjoy it, especially when the preacher said... "This child has now entered into eternal life and is a part of the body of Christ".

I told one of the family members that if the child does not sometime in his life make a personal profession of faith in Christ he was going to hell. My comment was not appreciated.

Danoh

Grosnick thought he would never get it in the neck as he kept at it when I said little exposing him for what he is.

The man is not a Christian in the true sense of the word, he is a false believer, an unwise virgin full of deceit and you have helped him stay that way.

If you really cared for him then you would have corrected him, but you Madists will back each other even if you are on the road to hell.

LA

:chuckle:

You are not very astute.

Most of them take issue with me for not standing with them either in some of their views or in their enabling of their nonsense in one another.

The only time I post agreement with them against you is when I believe you are wrong.

With or without their one sided endorsement.

I am one of the few MADs on here who will both disagree with others on some point I disagree with but also agree with those same others on some point I agree with.

I do not play favorites.

I thank who I agree with when I agree with whomever I agree with, MAD or non MAD alike.

Leave me out of this cronyism SOME MADs on TOL insist on in their duplicitous gospel of grace in empty words only.

Danoh

I did go. I did not enjoy it, especially when the preacher said... "This child has now entered into eternal life and is a part of the body of Christ".

I told one of the family members that if the child does not sometime in his life make a personal profession of faith in Christ he was going to hell. My comment was not appreciated.

Not necessarily. It depends on the particular child's age of accountability in the Father's eyes.

Did you know their child?

Were you able to ascertain it knew right from wrong?

Ben Masada

You are in serious trouble my unbelieving Jewish friend.
The New Testament is an undisputable account of the Christ event. Do you really believe that it is possible for the writers of the New Testament to make all of that up? You are desperate to believe a lie. The account of the resurrection of Christ can be found in the 20th chapter of John. Of course you won't read it, because you prefer to remain in darkness.

And so was Prophet Jeremiah, a big trouble maker. So much so that they even threw him down into a well with a lot of mud, but the Lord would speak to no other prophet but him. Jesus never had any thing to do with the NT and you know it. I wonder why you stand so fast against the Law knowing that Jesus was a Law-abiding
Jew akin even to a Pharisee. Regarding your question if someone would make all up to write the NT, my answer is most definitely YES if what Islam has produced would result in so much violence to oneself and many others. About the so-called resurrection of Jesus in John 20, John never wrote a thing. It was a Hellenist former disciple of Paul who wrote it from Paul's revelation of a secret to his disciple Timothy that the resurrection of Jesus was according to his, Paul's gospel. (II Timothy 2:8)

chair

You were wrong, in my opinion. Very wrong. What did you gain by saying that, beyond getting people upset?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I told one of the family members that if the child does not sometime in his life make a personal profession of faith in Christ he was going to hell.

I hope they don't think you are a Christian. Obviously you aren't. Christians care about the feelings of others.

:sigh:

marhig

Who are you to judge a child as going to hell? In fact who are you to judge anyone? Are you God? I can't believe people liked this either!

Thankfully Jesus didn't think like that!

Matthew 18

At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?*And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,*And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven

Matthew 19

Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put*his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.*But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.*

Only God can judge the hearts of all of us. Not you, not me and not anyone else and none of us can say that anyone else is definitely going hell. That's not our call to make!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A close family member has invited you to attend an infant baptism and social at their Lutheran church. You don't believe in infant baptisms and feel that it is in opposition to the Gospel and justification by faith. What would you do?

1. Don't go and possibly offend them?

2. Go and act like everything is just fine and that you approve. Be a hypocrite.

3. Go and tell them why you think infant baptism is wrong and possibly offend them.

4. Go so that you can discuss this with them at a later date.

Christ ate and drank wine with sinners. I'd have to say, go to the baptism, enjoy the festivities and don't say a thing about your beliefs on water baptism. However, you have to make up your own mind.